Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #41
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
There's going to be positives and negatives to the game, we all know that. But I'm probably more anxious for the game because this year we don't have a NCAA title to keep us busy until Madden comes out. I don't have my 360 or NCAA anymore so Madden 25 is going to have to give me company until Madden 15 drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5
It shouldn't take 3 years...If u look at the leap 2k made from 2k3 to 2k4 it was a quick turnaround a totally different game and it was even better the next year...and on lesser powered systems....either EA is playing us or the people in charge are incompetent...MLB the show started out great from day one and has gotten better and better every year...The Madden engine is broken..PERIOD...I enjoy football just as much as anyone else...but this isn't a good replication of the sport
Old 06-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Why do you keep saying this? Just because you believe it doesn't make it a fact! We have factual information. Look at the quotes and links provided earlier. It's a FACT, regardless of what you believe, that the last three year plan started with Madden 12!
And the one before that started in 09 and the one before that started in 06.

That's why I don't put much credence to these 3 yr plan crappola's.

Whenever a new regime comes in, a new and improved 3 yr plan is mapped out.

It's all marketing.

I don't judge 3 yr plans, I take it year by year.

PS- Also, Cam Weber came in the middle of 12. Heck, the ideas were already hatched out and the game was already in Beta by then.

I don't really consider 12 Cam Weber's vision of Madden.

Last edited by roadman; 06-28-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Regardless, Cam stated HIMSELF that 12 was the first year of a three year plan. So that's that.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #45
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Not that it matters, 3 yr plan, when it started, who was in charge, etc. But, I have to say I think it was 10-12. That was a 3 year cycle with the same engine. I don't care who was in charge when, but 13 introduced a completely new/different engine than they had ever used. So, for me, 13 was absolutely the beginning of a 'cycle'. So, 15 would be the 3rd year. So, I'm assuming 16 will go back to pro-tak and completely scrap the infinity RTP engine. Lol. I hope not. I hope they keep improving here. But, hearing someone say the current cycle started with 12 just doesn't work. Sadly, whether they do RTP or canned animations (or, a mix of both which is what we seem to have now), they seem to be using the same AI logic from madden 92. Lol. The same pursuit angles, the same underlying base gameplay. I actually think 15 looks good so far and am actually looking forward to playing it, but there is definitely something inherent, underneath all the covers that make the AI the hardest thing for the developers to get right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #46
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Why do you keep saying this? Just because you believe it doesn't make it a fact! We have factual information. Look at the quotes and links provided earlier. It's a FACT, regardless of what you believe, that the last three year plan started with Madden 12!
Cam wasnt even there for most of Madden 12, FACT

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...of-madden.aspx
Old 06-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Cam wasnt even there for most of Madden 12, FACT

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...of-madden.aspx
And yet HE stated HIMSELF that 12 was the first year of the three year plan! HE SAID IT! Why can't you accept that?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #48
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And the one before that started in 09 and the one before that started in 06.

That's why I don't put much credence to these 3 yr plan crappola's.

Whenever a new regime comes in, a new and improved 3 yr plan is mapped out.

It's all marketing.

I don't judge 3 yr plans, I take it year by year.

PS- Also, Cam Weber came in the middle of 12. Heck, the ideas were already hatched out and the game was already in Beta by then.

I don't really consider the 3 year plans of the past legit. Where was the follow through, what did they build off of? Every year back then Madden felt different and never seemed to go anywhere. Regardless of how you look at it, only now are we seeing the game progress and build off of each title. 13 was the first year Cam was around, but I believe his plan was something that was only possible on next gen consoles. So for 25 to be the first year they started to implement his plan, makes perfect sense. 15 clearly is building off of 25 and 16 will build off of 15. 25 built off of 13, but that doesn't mean they implemented the things that were part of cam's plan then. Going back to Cam's first interview after he was hired, he talked about improving pre and post play animations, 15 is the first time we're really seeing that happen, he also talked about O/D line interactions, 25 was the first year for that. WR/DB interactions are also part of his plan, as are improved player movement animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »