Home

Goodgamebro Madden 25 vs Madden 15: The Difference A Year Makes

This is a discussion on Goodgamebro Madden 25 vs Madden 15: The Difference A Year Makes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Goodgamebro Madden 25 vs Madden 15: The Difference A Year Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
I like all the personalities that are now 'designing' the game.. but we have no clue who is actually coding the game. Who knows.. they could be describing exactly what we want in gameplay but it just can not be executed due to lack of talent.

Honestly, based on the product we have been presented the past decade, I'd say i'm starting to believe that theory.
This needs to be the focus of discussion whenever someone gets the ear of a developer.

Have new programmers/coders been hired by the new leadership?
Has investment in that area been increased?
Are programmer's skills up to the challenge?
Has this been the problem in the past?
Is this why progress has been so slow?
What is the role of programmers vs developers regarding AI & animation?
Old 07-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #34
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyjr
Does anybody really give a crap about how pretty Madden looks in ultra-close-up shots like these? How about some graphical comparisons from a standard gameplay camera angle? I really don't care how pretty it looks in cut scenes and zoomed-in instant replay. How about we all agree that Madden looks fine, and next year we focus on gameplay and bug fixing instead of putting more lipstick on the pig?

If you don't think this will be noticeable during gameplay then.......

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/imag...9964535832.png">

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #35
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This needs to be the focus of discussion whenever someone gets the ear of a developer.

Have new programmers/coders been hired by the new leadership?
Has investment in that area been increased?
Are programmer's skills up to the challenge?
Has this been the problem in the past?
Is this why progress has been so slow?
What is the role of programmers vs developers regarding AI & animation?
True. The execution certainly does come down to coders regardless of the vision.

Questions should really be worded in an open end manner, so we don't get a "yes" or "no" answer. Questions #1-5 are closed ended and most likely would only elicit yes or no answers. Question #6 would get you something of substance, hopefully. "How" questions would also get you something of substance.

You know what would be truly "funny" is if the suits wanted a more arcade product to appease the casuals, the tourneys, and the coders adamantly coded everything strictly simulation with a resultant rise in sales. Simulation. For. Every. Single. Aspect. "It's too hard to create an arcade. It's easier to code for a simulation." ...
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did you notice the number font on the Vikings jersey's are still incorrect? I did!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is a screenshot I captured from a recent online game of M25:

To me, graphics are not the problem with this picture...even for PS4. I did notice a big jump in clarity from the PS3 to the PS4 versions of M25. Once I started playing on PS4 it became very difficult to stomach the PS3 on the same displays - too much pixelation and "fuzziness" by direct comparison. I was not blown away by the Madden 25 PS4 graphics, but I did see a noticeable difference, and an almost "too clean" look that I normally associate with computer (PC) graphics versus consoles.

I am sure the difference from M25 to M15 will feel similar if not more pronounced based on the videos and stills I have seen so far. The graphics and lighting changes will make the game look prettier...but let's focus for a second on a couple things in that screenshot that WON'T change...

1) That STUPID jumbotron "LOSE" graphic that has been in the game since the first XB360 release nearly a decade ago.

It has bothered me every stinking year that its been there and it just keeps on coming; even though I know from witnessing it happen that people directly told developers under freaking David Ortiz around Madden '08 that it needed to go!!!

There are hundreds of these little annoyances that a smart leader would categorize, track and eliminate in a single year...let alone a parade of Lead Devs and a decade of time!!! Its obviously a low priority for them, but even something as seemingly simple as removing these annoyances would go a long way towards freshening up the franchise...

2) Where the hell do the refs go in these cases??? In an NFL game or highlight, watch the sidelines and the refs on turnover returns....they are SPRINTING down the sidelines to try to keep up and to monitor the play...here? NADA....can't even find a linesman or referee...

Is this that super duper important, when so many other gameplay issues remain? Maybe not...but it contributes to the game, even when prettier than earlier versions, feeling the same. Its a big reason why after the 2-3 weeks of honeymoon period after a new release, everyone gets tired of the game real fast...
Old 07-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
1) That STUPID jumbotron "LOSE" graphic that has been in the game since the first XB360 release nearly a decade ago.
And why is that showing up in a replay highlight? It obviously wouldn't be saying that during a game.

When The Show does a highlight or replay, the scoreboard, count, pitches thrown, all reflect the state of the game at that time. If the replay is from the 3rd inning and you're viewing it after the game is over, it won't have the final score on the board, like in the attached image.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-15-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@TTD71, well at least they are claiming to have finally fixed number 1.

Real NFL Jumbotrons:

What you will read: There will be no more generic messages scrolling across the jumbotron in the game. Super Bowls will feel more neutral as opposed to siding with the home team.

What it means: Actual life like looking jumbotrons that will show crowd cues and when you score. “LOSE, LOSE, LOSE” or "WIN, WIN, WIN" is out. Not a big thing, but it is a nice feature if you love screenshots and instant replay. It is a step towards a living worlds atmosphere....
http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111079/
Old 07-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #40
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@TTD71, well at least they are claiming to have finally fixed number 1.

Real NFL Jumbotrons:

What you will read: There will be no more generic messages scrolling across the jumbotron in the game. Super Bowls will feel more neutral as opposed to siding with the home team.

What it means: Actual life like looking jumbotrons that will show crowd cues and when you score. “LOSE, LOSE, LOSE” or "WIN, WIN, WIN" is out. Not a big thing, but it is a nice feature if you love screenshots and instant replay. It is a step towards a living worlds atmosphere....
http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111079/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »