Home

Xbox one madden play as good as ps4

This is a discussion on Xbox one madden play as good as ps4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #9
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Xbox one madden play as good as ps4

Add myself to the list of people who believe it plays and looks better on the PS4. I owned both versions and the Xbox One had crushed blacks and tons of jaggies, compared to the natural colors and smooth lines of the PS4. The PS4 has noticeably better shadow detail and framerate.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:14 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Is it running at a lower resolution on the XBoxOne? Know there was a big issue with roughly 1/3rd of all games not running at 1080p on XBoxOne. Not a big issue on smaller TVs, but on bigger TVs it's pretty noticeable.
Nope......

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nope......
Interesting. So what sets it apart? Rendering speed, texture quality, lighting, other?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with ODog. I have both, and I lean toward PS4. But i love my xbox! The more i play on PS4 the more i notice the differences. Xbox feels rigid compared to ps4
Old 07-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Interesting. So what sets it apart? Rendering speed, texture quality, lighting, other?
Mostly just the jaggedness of the graphics, the colors are much more washed out and it's more blurry on X1. It really looks very much like a past gen port whereas the PS4 looks much more colorful and "next-gen"

I too love my Xbox Ones (I own 2) and am somewhat perplexed why there is such a big difference between these two systems for Madden..

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #14
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

Is the difference this much with nba live or fifa
Old 07-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
An7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think this may be my first post? Anyway, there isn't a difference. Both games run at 1080p native, both games run smooth with little to no stuttering, colors are a little more vibrant on the xbox one because of the filtering that the xbox one uses. All of this coming from an owner of both with a properly calibrated TV. As for anti-aliasing ("Jaggy elimination"), both seem to use it. I don't see any more jaggies in one than the other.

This game doesn't even nearly push the limits of the X1 and PS4. Truthfully, it probably never will.

The main difference is the controller: the xbox one's controller is a little tighter in the ability to move because of the taller thumbsticks. On the other hand, the ps4 controller's L1/R1 are much easier to press compared to the X1's L&R bumpers. That all comes down to the user on which they prefer.

PastaPadre has an article on this from back in November that about sums of what I had to say. I have a link but can't post it due to the 5 post limit for links.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 03:33 AM   #16
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

Not sure what system I'll get Madden 15 for yet. I like the XBOX controller for Madden but that PS4 stick is so good now, way better than PS3. I just wonder tho, since XBOX is the official console of the NFL, I wonder if they will get a few extra perks? Pasta actually said he thinks Madden 25 looked better on XBOX over PS4, which was interesting since he seems to hate XBOX now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »