Home

Xbox one madden play as good as ps4

This is a discussion on Xbox one madden play as good as ps4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Xbox one madden play as good as ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
I'm betting it was just a case of PS4 being the lead platform and EA not having enough time to smooth out the XB1 version. I think the two versions will be much closer, this year. Which would be great, because I also love my XB1
This isn't last gen where one console had peculiar hardware (read PS3 and the cell processor); both of these consoles are basically PC configs, there's no more of this "lead platform" nonsense, thankfully. The PS4 has faster memory and a better GPU than the XBO, that's why it's outperforming the XBO in most if not all cases. That said, developers may aim for parity, either out of their own volition or due to publisher pressure, so you should for the most part see the games run basically the same on both systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #42
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Xbox one version was so bad compared to Ps4. I was in shock due to it being so bad. I returned my Xbox1, stuck with PS4. Even battlefield looked and played way better on PS4. Sorry no fanboy statements, I'm 39 and speak the truth.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #43
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
This isn't last gen where one console had peculiar hardware (read PS3 and the cell processor); both of these consoles are basically PC configs, there's no more of this "lead platform" nonsense, thankfully. The PS4 has faster memory and a better GPU than the XBO, that's why it's outperforming the XBO in most if not all cases. That said, developers may aim for parity, either out of their own volition or due to publisher pressure, so you should for the most part see the games run basically the same on both systems.
Actually, PS4 is lead platform. More powerful GPU with easier and more flexible memory set up. The XB1 architecture is similar, but it needs more massaging to get optimum performance. As Altimus said, the dev environment has improved for the XB1, so I expect the two versions of Madden to be much closer this time.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 07-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Xbox one version was so bad compared to Ps4. I was in shock due to it being so bad. I returned my Xbox1, stuck with PS4. Even battlefield looked and played way better on PS4. Sorry no fanboy statements, I'm 39 and speak the truth.
I personally felt Battlefield looked better on Xbox One.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #45
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I personally felt Battlefield looked better on Xbox One.

fwiw me too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #46
EA Game Changer

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I wouldn't be surprised if Madden 25 runs better on the PS4. It was a launch game and before launch Microsoft's SDK weren't good, their system was more complicated. Since then Microsoft has improved a lot and unlocked more of the GPU for developers. I'm pretty sure both versions graphically will look the same. Let's just hope both have a silky smooth frame rate.
end the thread right here.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #47
Undisputed

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

I will be getting the PS4 version day one. Bought both Madden 25 versions on XBOX 1 and PS4 and couldn't be more disappointed with the xbox 1 version, it honestly felt and looked like I was playing the 360. I traded it in a day later. I felt the PS4 version was more superior than the other. Xbox might have got it right this yr, but i was happy how the PS4 version looked and played. No need to go elsewhere, PS4 version is a no brainier for me which was the opposite last gen.

Madden 21 - Modded (PC)
Madden 21 - Next Gen (PS5)
The Last of Us Part 2 (PS5)

Last edited by Milticket; 07-25-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Totally disagree with this. It's not even in the same ballpark. Madden PS4 looks fifty times better. I own both consoles and have played Madden a lot on PS4. I was only able to play the Xbox 1 version a few times it was so bad.
Same here, I've played the PS4 version a good bit and forced myself to play the Xbox one version a few times but wow, it's so bad why would I even keep playing it when I have the PS4 version to play??

I feel like I really wasted $60 on the Xbox One version as none of my friends play theirs either.

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »