Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #81
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Animations are not just cosmetic, they're the foundation of a game. Without the proper animations somethings cannot happen gameplay wise.
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-04-2014 at 10:01 AM.
jpdavis82 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #82
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I've seen dive & body catches, I've also seen pileups, consecutive hit tackles, theres a reach tackle at 10:26 in Shopmaster's video by Justin Smith, dbs run sideways with WRs and open inside or outside depending on play, and I've seen two DBs dive for a tipped ball in a realistic fashion. Some of you are trained to look for the negative, I bet most of you haven't even seen some of the things I just mentioned and this is just the alpha build.

Here's the link for the video with the teach tackle, 10:26
http://youtu.be/9D2GK_z3Az0
I didnt say anything about reach tackles or consecutive hit tackles (though they happen very rare) show me a video clip of a receiver falling to the ground after a catch, a body catch, or a forward dive catch for a low ball?
Mr.Smif is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #83
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Watching the same 2 teams has gotten old. With no NCAA this year, I thought EA would release more M15 game footage to fill the void between now and launch. Oh well, whatever!
Mechcaniq is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #84
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.
You may consider that people see some of the changes, but for them the bad outweighs the good.

And the 2 quarters perspective doesn't carry any weight because there have been plenty of videos of different games, same teams, but different games. You don't need all 4 quarters in each video, especially when in just those vids alone you can see many of the same legacy issues.

There has been enough video now to get the idea of what this game is. The only people who would have a legitimate reason to be using the Alpha Build/Footage excuses work for EA/Tiburon because they would have a vested interest in that (i.e. they work there and get a paycheck from the company). Further, the way they produce Madden (being a yearly title that isn't rebuilt ground up each year BTW) makes that Alpha argument carry even less weight. Their development methodology and timeframe window demands that they have a more mature product in a fraction of the time than many other types of game developments at the AAA level. This means that an Alpha of Madden is farther along than what the standard designation normally suggests.

As for all the other things you mentioned, you're holding out an awful lot of hope. The game is out next month. What you're mentioning sounds like you're expecting a totally different game, and that's not what's about to be released. We're about to get the legacy Madden with better graphics and other minor tweaks, along with a mountain of legacy issues. Love it or hate it, that's what it's going to be.

Last edited by FaceMask; 07-04-2014 at 10:48 AM.
FaceMask is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #85
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
You may consider that people see some of the changes, but for them the bad outweighs the good.

And the 2 quarters perspective doesn't carry any weight because there have been plenty of videos of different games, same teams, but different games. You don't need all 4 quarters in each video, especially when in just those vids alone you can see many of the same legacy issues.

There has been enough video now to get the idea of what this game is. The only people who would have a legitimate reason to be using the Alpha Build/Footage excuses work for EA/Tiburon because they would have a vested interest in that (i.e. they work there and get a paycheck from the company). Further, the way they produce Madden (being a yearly title that isn't rebuilt ground up each year BTW) makes that Alpha argument carry even less weight. Their development methodology and timeframe window demands that they have a more mature product in a fraction of the time than many other types of game developments at the AAA level. This means that an Alpha of Madden is farther along than what the standard designation normally suggests.

As for all the other things you mentioned, you're holding out an awful lot of hope. The game is out next month. What you're mentioning sounds like you're expecting a totally different game, and that's not what's about to be released. We're about to get the legacy Madden with better graphics and other minor tweaks, along with a mountain of legacy issues. Love it or hate it, that's what it's going to be.
I'm willing to bet you that more people will be impressed than disappointed once they play the game. I even think you will be to a degree.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #86
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,874
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.
I've pointed out things that I've seen that are improved. You haven't played the game either. You're going off of hearsay. I don't personally look for missing things, they jump out at you because the game looks similar to previous years. You said it yourself we've seen limited footage, so how is it ok for you to think things are coming and will be better but not ok for us to go with the history of Tiburon "what you see is what you get"?

I'm not saying the game won't be better when I play it. I feel that any game you have an interest in you should play it before totally condemning, but the game is what it is from a visual standpoint. The presentation is WAY better than last year, and so are the graphics, but in motion, it is what it is, and it still has a long way to go.

Like I've been saying I enjoy Madden 25 on PS4 at times, way more than 13, and more than 25 current gen, so I can't see how 15 won't be a nice step up, but I'm also tired of the turtle pace and these awful primitive animations.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #87
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I've pointed out things that I've seen that are improved. You haven't played the game either. You're going off of hearsay. I don't personally look for missing things, they jump out at you because the game looks similar to previous years. You said it yourself we've seen limited footage, so how is it ok for you to think things are coming and will be better but not ok for us to go with the history of Tiburon "what you see is what you get"?

I'm not saying the game won't be better when I play it. I feel that any game you have an interest in you should play it before totally condemning, but the game is what it is from a visual standpoint. The presentation is WAY better than last year, and so are the graphics, but in motion, it is what it is, and it still has a long way to go.

Like I've been saying I enjoy Madden 25 on PS4 at times, way more than 13, and more than 25 current gen, so I can't see how 15 won't be a nice step up, but I'm also tired of the turtle pace and these awful primitive animations.
I understand your frustration hopefully next year they add new running animations. This year they added a ton of new defensive and catch animations so there's hope for something similar on offense next year.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #88
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,874
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand your frustration hopefully next year they add new running animations. This year they added a ton of new defensive and catch animations so there's hope for something similar on offense next year.
So they say. They always say something is there, and then we get the game and its either missing, doesn't work, or doesn't appear as advertised. They said they added 300 plus catch animations before. We saw like 15 in the game, lol. I know there was an inaccuracy problem, but cmon, its more Tiburon bs. Who's to say this time there won't be some "issue" they didn't see until after the game ships and they can't "address" until Madden 17? These dudes are a joke.

Madden is a fun pitch and catch, throw the ball around, make some big hits while you're drinking type game, but as far as a realistic NFL experience, until they get the "aircraft carrier" turned around, I can't take it seriously.

From the limited footage, the game is a nice step up from 25, but still a joke.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Top -