Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #105
MVP
 
MajorSupreme's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 1,539
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Drones? Lol you guys are so skeptical it's amusing. They're just people, both Smitty & Sim want 2k football to come back, but the sim standard is not about the company it's about supporting the company trying to make a football game that reflects real football. Regardless of what you guys think you know, Madden is trying to become just that. Rex & Cam want sim football really bad but it's a process enjoy the journey or wait til the promised land, it's coming either way.
What, exactly, have the game changers done for us? And I noticed you haven't replied to an of kehlis' post regarding your "blind optimism." Whenever someone tries to say a negative, you throw out the same excuses. "Phase one" "See this here, that means in two years..."

And then you try play Benedict Arnold and say "I want the same you guys want," but you won't address the issues and march around like you played the game thirty times over. Come on man.
MajorSupreme is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #106
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Again, when ex-game changers publicly say that their program is to do nothing more than to hype the game pre-release and provide damage control post-release, then peoples' skepticism becomes well-warranted distrust.

As far as I can tell, OS members are watching all of these Madden 15 videos and analyzing what they see first hand, then creating their own evaluations. On the other hand, and with all due respect, you seem to keep referring to what other people have to say about the game in order to influence the consensus on this board. Even though my opinion is unimportant, I like a lot of the stuff that you personally post because it contains well thought out perspectives that maybe a lot of us don't see when watching these videos.

Going back to this video (as well as the others), I really like what I see in terms of presentation and other welcome ideas, but the seeming lack of variety in animations and player individuality makes me think that what we see in these videos is what we're going to get with every other matchup in the game, no matter if it's a preseason game or the AFC Championship.
I understand how it used to be but were any of those ex GCs there with Cam & Rex? I'm just asking I don't know.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #107
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
What, exactly, have the game changers done for us? And I noticed you haven't replied to an of kehlis' post regarding your "blind optimism." Whenever someone tries to say a negative, you throw out the same excuses. "Phase one" "See this here, that means in two years..."

And then you try play Benedict Arnold and say "I want the same you guys want," but you won't address the issues and march around like you played the game thirty times over. Come on man.
I play the game all the time, have since 92. Why do I have to voice the same negative stuff when y'all do it everyday for me? I voice my criticism to the devs directly, follow me on twitter if you think I'm lying. I see the glass half full but I know what's missing, some of it, has never been done before that I want to see, so I don't bring up previous football games. I am wanting something much greater.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #108
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

It's the real NFL football footage like strawberryshortcake posted that really gets me frustrated because it makes me wonder what the heck is Tiburon looking at to simulate football. One of the reasons it's hard not to mention other football video games and sports sims in general concerning Madden, is because the best ones are considered the best because they seem to at least visually mimic their real life counterparts. I remember starting a thread one year asking if Madden devs are basing the game on real football and another on if they actually play Madden, none of which were to be a smart arse but it honestly doesn't seem like it sometimes.

@JP Davis, out of curiosity, why do you want to be an EAGC? I hope it's not because you believe you can change the game. I don't mean that as a slight either, it's just that plenty of "sim" minded, good intention people have been and are still going down to Tiburon, yet the game still is what it is. It took me awhile to realize this but if Tiburon needs gamers to help them simulate football, then there is no fixing Madden. The only thing gamers should be helping with is UI stuff, options, customization, etc and maybe some level of input on priority of fixes but they certainly shouldn't be influencing realism.

With all your optimism about this "new" team, how do you account for what they say they're going to do in comparison to the lack of polish and depth to the things they've already done?
Big FN Deal is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #109
MVP
 
jmurphy31's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

These threads are great.

Some random thoughts.

1. If you like Madden you're probably going to keep liking it based on what I've seen. If you're on the fence I think the minor improvements will lead you to liking it. If you don't like madden, probably not going to like 15.

2. I understand EA loves saying the word phase or 3 year plan, but has any thing they implemented ever got passed phase 2. (Pro tack, extra point, etc). I know it's new leadership but it's a company problem. Plus developers usually don't stick around that long.

3. Until the demo and even more so the actual game comes out we won't know for sure how it feels to play. Then from that point forward see my first point. Some will be singing it's praises and others will cursing ea out.

4. I do wish the people making this game had the passion the posters on here have.

5. Madden is like any thing that you have for a while and doesn't change much. You start to notice the things wrong with it more than the good. It's like all the impression threads on here. At first everyone loves it. Then the bugs start showing up, then the minor things add up.

As I said in an earlier post I think the presentation is getting better, but still has a long way to go. I really hope they build on it rather than leaving it status quo and then updating it in 2 years.
jmurphy31 is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #110
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

@jmurphy31, good post man, you make some good points and I'm trying to find a way to just get over this stuff and move on. It's easier said than done though when you have been playing football video games as a vice, as long as I have.

It's just at this point, some of us have been around long enough to get that feeling Tiburon is taking us for a ride. It's like a native of a major city catching a cab versus a tourist or new resident, the native can tell when the cabbie is taking the long way to increase the fare. The issue here is a "cab" is the only way we can ever get to where we want to go and Tiburon is the only cab company, lol.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Old 07-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #111
MVP
 
jmurphy31's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@jmurphy31, good post man, you make some good points and I'm trying to find a way to just get over this stuff and move on. It's easier said than done though when you have been playing football video games as a vice, as long as I have.

It's just at this point, some of us have been around long enough to get that feeling Tiburon is taking us for a ride. It's like a native of a major city catching a cab versus a tourist or new resident, the native can tell when the cabbie is taking the long way to increase the fare. The issue here is a "cab" is the only way we can ever get to where we want to go and Tiburon is the only cab company, lol.
Thanks. I understand people's issues with madden. The way I look at it I am more disappointed than mad on how Madden has failed to improve over the years. I still play 25 and I enjoy it most of the time. Some things bother me but there is no other choice. (For example I was playing the other night. The CPU kicks a fg and it was no good. But some how they got the ball back and it was first down. ) These issues upset me more than animation issues.

I think part of my disappointment lies in the fact I'm on here. Some of the stuff I notice now I would never even look for before. Another reason is my age. When I was in ms, hs, and college I played season upon season and I didn't care if I put my WR at TE and ran the same TE streak over and over again. Now that I'm 35 I want the chess game of football more than the stick skills type game which madden is. Finally my disappointment is I would think 20 years later we would be a lot better when it comes to football gaming.
jmurphy31 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #112
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
These threads are great.

Some random thoughts.

1. If you like Madden you're probably going to keep liking it based on what I've seen. If you're on the fence I think the minor improvements will lead you to liking it. If you don't like madden, probably not going to like 15.

2. I understand EA loves saying the word phase or 3 year plan, but has any thing they implemented ever got passed phase 2. (Pro tack, extra point, etc). I know it's new leadership but it's a company problem. Plus developers usually don't stick around that long.

3. Until the demo and even more so the actual game comes out we won't know for sure how it feels to play. Then from that point forward see my first point. Some will be singing it's praises and others will cursing ea out.

4. I do wish the people making this game had the passion the posters on here have.

5. Madden is like any thing that you have for a while and doesn't change much. You start to notice the things wrong with it more than the good. It's like all the impression threads on here. At first everyone loves it. Then the bugs start showing up, then the minor things add up.

As I said in an earlier post I think the presentation is getting better, but still has a long way to go. I really hope they build on it rather than leaving it status quo and then updating it in 2 years.
1. I completely agree and posted something very similar to this last week.
2. There never was a Pro Tak or Extra Point 2. There has been a IE 2 and this year they are saying Player Sense 2.0, I guess we won't know until next year if there's a phase 3 of these features but the things they worked on last year have been improved upon this year.
3. Same as 1
4. I know Clint Rex and Cam are very passionate about making this game, Clint is as passionate as anyone on here, every time I talk to him he talks about how excited he is about the product they are making and every day are trying to eliminate legacy issues and exploits. He literally spends several days at a time trying to eliminate exploits and money plays.

5. I believe starting with Madden 15 people will stop feeling this way, that feeling is about to be a thing of the past, mark my words.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Top -