Home

Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #9
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

I signed him as a backup QB with the Rams in our online franchise and he is definitely fun to use when used properly. Luckily for me, his passing attributes weren't that bad, and with the XP system, I was able to get his short/med/deep passing to 84 each. Understanding what throws he can make is important. I used the IND playbook to kind of have a pro style offense with some Shotgun and Pistol Read Option. Formation subbed him in every now and then, sometimes, just handing the ball off, but giving the opponent something to think about. He ended up leading the league in QB rating with like 119.5 or some ish, but he would only throw maybe like 9-10 passes a game, finishing in many cases 8-10 with 80 yards and 2 TD's. He is definitely fun to use and I honestly would recommend people signing him as a FA.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #10
Rookie

bigdooky15's Arena

OVR: 2

I would like this as well, would be fun to try him out during CFM
Old 07-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #11
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

If Tebow is in Madden NFL 15, I'm thinking about starting him in either Oakland, Buffalo, Houston, or Jacksonville.

Out of the four teams, which one would you guys send him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #12
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
If Tebow is in Madden NFL 15, I'm thinking about starting him in either Oakland, Buffalo, Houston, or Jacksonville.

Jacksonville!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #13
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015

No where. There is no team that Tebow can start on come week 1. At least for me, he's a jersey seller at the most.

Oakland: Heavily invested in Carr and Schaub.

Buffalo: Maybe here, but they seem to be sold on a healthy Manuel, if not then the next logical option is Thad Lewis who played pretty well (in my opinion) late in the season.

Houston: Fitzpatrick is one of the smartest players in the NFL (48/50 on wonderlic and out of Harvard), Case Keenum is a valuable backup that could earn starting spot, same with Tom Savage. Tebow would have to beat all three.

Jacksonville: Henne is solid starter, as Bortles can be. Tebow is third string at best here.

To me, Tebow may want to look into a tight end or fullback position, QB isn't really for him. But I can see the want to use his mobility. I'm just being logical.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #14
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
No where. There is no team that Tebow can start on come week 1. At least for me, he's a jersey seller at the most.

Oakland: Heavily invested in Carr and Schaub.

Buffalo: Maybe here, but they seem to be sold on a healthy Manuel, if not then the next logical option is Thad Lewis who played pretty well (in my opinion) late in the season.

Houston: Fitzpatrick is one of the smartest players in the NFL (48/50 on wonderlic and out of Harvard), Case Keenum is a valuable backup that could earn starting spot, same with Tom Savage. Tebow would have to beat all three.

Jacksonville: Henne is solid starter, as Bortles can be. Tebow is third string at best here.

To me, Tebow may want to look into a tight end or fullback position, QB isn't really for him. But I can see the want to use his mobility. I'm just being logical.
All replaceable in my opinion. I just want an excuse to start Tebow somewhere.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #15
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

How about Tampa Bay? He could possibly start there if Mike Glennon goes on a slump... and its in Florida.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #16
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
How about Tampa Bay? He could possibly start there if Mike Glennon goes on a slump... and its in Florida.
I thought Josh McCown was gonna start in TB. I really like him as the starter for TB. They are in a dough division. Saints and Panthers being the front runners and the Falcons could bounce back. I'd like to keep McCown as the starter.

That's why I mentioned Texans, Jags, Raiders, and Bills. I just figured the QBs for their teams don't have enough star power behind their names. Just my opinion though.

If TB didn't have McCown, I'd say that's a good choice. I was thinking Titans, but I'm making my buddy the starting QB for the team. I create 8 of my friends and me every year. Give or take.

Last edited by PatsSB2015; 07-04-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »