Home

Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
I wouldn't know, but he's clearly moved on with his life and is following a new career path. Personally I don't follow Tebow, I don't like him, never really have. I don't doubt he was a great College star, but he didn't make it in the NFL and at least to me it looks like he's moved on. Now if he comes out of the Commentator box and some team goes out to sign him, then sure he should be in Madden. Until that time, I believe there was a post a few pages back with a Tweet from Danny Moore that makes it look pretty clear that Tebow is not in the game.
He's not officially retired though, NFL.com and various other sites have recently shown videos of him working out and still practicing, he hasn't given up on football yet. So yes, he is still considered a "Free Agent".

I'm not sure what to think of the Moore tweet, or why the college/nfl success even matters, but the fact is, he is only 1 year removed from a team and has one of the largest followings. Just seems weird to not include him in a Free Agent pool with the hundreds of other guys.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #50
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

He's not retired, I expect him to be in the free agency pool unless there are enough other QB scrubs that his ratings bump him into (debatably further) irrelevance leading to his exclusion.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #51
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
He's not retired, I expect him to be in the free agency pool unless there are enough other QB scrubs that his ratings bump him into (debatably further) irrelevance leading to his exclusion.
Wouldn't get your hopes up, go to page three of this thread, first post on that page. I really don't think he will be in the game, and if he is, his ratings will probably suck.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Wouldn't get your hopes up, go to page three of this thread, first post on that page. I really don't think he will be in the game, and if he is, his ratings will probably suck.
Most people that want him are probably purely as a backup, goaline and wildcat QB, we aren't expecting anything special
Old 08-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #53
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I'm not, I just explained why I'd expect him to be there and why I could see him not making it due to low ratings.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #54
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
He's not officially retired though, NFL.com and various other sites have recently shown videos of him working out and still practicing, he hasn't given up on football yet. So yes, he is still considered a "Free Agent".

I'm not sure what to think of the Moore tweet, or why the college/nfl success even matters, but the fact is, he is only 1 year removed from a team and has one of the largest followings. Just seems weird to not include him in a Free Agent pool with the hundreds of other guys.
No, the fact remains 32 NFL teams have decided he doesn't even deserve a spot on their practice squad. There are plenty of players who haven't officially filed their retirement papers that aren't in the FA pool. Why should Tebow be any different? Let me tell you a secret: Tebow and his 50% comp will never play football in the NFL again. Objective NFL fans know this.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTJ
No, the fact remains 32 NFL teams have decided he doesn't even deserve a spot on their practice squad.
Tebow isn't eligible for practice squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTJ
There are plenty of players who haven't officially filed their retirement papers that aren't in the FA pool.
Care to share some names? Sitting here wondering which players have been omitted that have that much more right to be included in the Free Agent pool than Tebow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #56
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

To be fair, I understand that the disinterest has as much to do with the media distraction as it does his terrible mechanics, inability to look off defenders, propensity to lock onto recievers, and historically abominable accuracy. Still, he'll never play at the NFL level again.

To be clear, I don't hate Tebow - I just think he sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »