Home

Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #57
Rookie
 
JHTJ's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FT Bragg, NC
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Tebow isn't eligible for practice squad.



Care to share some names? Sitting here wondering which players have been omitted that have that much more right to be included in the Free Agent pool than Tebow.
It appears I struck a nerve. Funny. Well then Ill rephrase. 32 NFL teams have decided he doesn't deserve a spot as a Camp arm, or third string for that matter.

I don't need to share names, they exist. Consider the sheer number of athletes hoping to get calls after cuts. Well over a thousand, potentially added every year. What constitutes "right to be included" is not yours to make. The NFL has done that for you, it looks as if Madden has too. You're welcome.
__________________
"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
JHTJ is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #58
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTJ
It appears I struck a nerve. Funny. Well then Ill rephrase. 32 NFL teams have decided he doesn't deserve a spot as a Camp arm, or third string for that matter.

I don't need to share names, they exist. Consider the sheer number of athletes hoping to get calls after cuts. Well over a thousand, potentially added every year. What constitutes "right to be included" is not yours to make. The NFL has done that for you, it looks as if Madden has too. You're welcome.
You said there are plenty of players not included, but will not list any names. Not really helping your argument.

Also, I have never said Tebow's right to be included was my decision to make. I only stated facts, like Tebow only being 1 year removed from the game, having authentic face/throw/cadence, and having a huge following.

I get you don't like Tebow, you have said he was "douchey" and "sucks", but I don't see how that has anything to do with the thread.
Potatoes002 is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #59
Rookie
 
JHTJ's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FT Bragg, NC
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Roster cuts every year from 90 to 52. We'll call it 40 to round out. 40 x 32 equals 1280 individuals who competed for roster spots - this year. Now I have not seen the FA pool, but I think you know they wont all be there. Given the fact these individuals came closer to playing this year than Tebow has, I would make the argument they ALL have more right to that FA pool than Tebow. A little objectivity goes a long way in understanding "my argument." Which isn't mine, because it makes itself.

If you had plans of cheesing his accuracy rating, benching Blake Bortles, and dominating online I apologize. His apparent omission was not my decision, although it is the right one.
__________________
"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
JHTJ is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 12:41 AM   #60
Rookie
 
JHTJ's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FT Bragg, NC
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

You know what, I apologize. Ive been in Tebow debates before and the knee jerk reaction is to approach them the only way I know how, given my experience with what I consider to be the most uninformed irrational fans ive ever conversed with.

I have a very Sim minded approach to the game and at times I forget that there are those out there who enjoy the unrealistic from time to time. Everyone should be able to enjoy Madden in their own way. I stand by my opinion that he doesn't have a place in the game this year but I respect anyones desire to have the option. Again, I apologize. I can respectfully agree to disagree.
__________________
"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
JHTJ is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #61
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

In no post did I say that I use Tebow or plan on using him, I just think he should be included. I'm not arguing because of his statistics, I get it he's not a great passer, but he is insanely popular and has unique athleticism. Additionally, the EA team took the extra time to make him more authentic, which is why in my post I thought the whole situation to omit him "seems weird", as I stated.

Not sure what makes this so "irrational and uninformed".
Potatoes002 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #62
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTJ
No, the fact remains 32 NFL teams have decided he doesn't even deserve a spot on their practice squad. There are plenty of players who haven't officially filed their retirement papers that aren't in the FA pool. Why should Tebow be any different? Let me tell you a secret: Tebow and his 50% comp will never play football in the NFL again. Objective NFL fans know this.

So because teams haven't signed him he shouldn't be a free agent? Ok. So let's remove Ed Reed and any other "unwanted" player from the free agency pool.

Objective fans know this after all.
frankwest718 is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 02:26 AM   #63
Rookie
 
JHTJ's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FT Bragg, NC
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
In no post did I say that I use Tebow or plan on using him, I just think he should be included. I'm not arguing because of his statistics, I get it he's not a great passer, but he is insanely popular and has unique athleticism. Additionally, the EA team took the extra time to make him more authentic, which is why in my post I thought the whole situation to omit him "seems weird", as I stated.

Not sure what makes this so "irrational and uninformed".
With respect to rationale and the uninformed, I was speaking of Tebow fans in general, based on my personal experience. As a Dolphins fan I have plenty of experience watching him ride the Bench in NY, and then seeing him cut in NE. The statement did not include a quote, was not personally directed at you, and was communicated very clearly. The perception is shared by many, I assure you.

Again, you're entitled to that opinion. I respect it, disagree, and wish to longer entertain it.
__________________
"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Last edited by JHTJ; 08-15-2014 at 02:40 AM.
JHTJ is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 02:36 AM   #64
Rookie
 
JHTJ's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FT Bragg, NC
Re: Tim Tebow as Free Agent in Madden NFL 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
So because teams haven't signed him he shouldn't be a free agent? Ok. So let's remove Ed Reed and any other "unwanted" player from the free agency pool.

Objective fans know this after all.
Ive already conceaded that some fans want some fantasy in their gameplay. I see a line that many do not, that is fine. I enjoy a Sim experience and personally it would bother me to fire up my CFM and see Tebow starting for the Texans. Its a matter of preference and play style.
__________________
"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Last edited by JHTJ; 08-15-2014 at 02:42 AM.
JHTJ is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Top -