Home

Infinity vs Ignite - Do you see/feel a difference? Is it meeting your expectation?

This is a discussion on Infinity vs Ignite - Do you see/feel a difference? Is it meeting your expectation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #41
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Infinity vs Ignite - Do you see/feel a difference? Is it meeting your expectation

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Do you feel, after 5 titles (M15 included), that either of these systems has delivered on what has been advertised from a "living worlds" or "real time physics" approach?

For me, I think Infinity/Ignite have made the game better. Do I think they come anywhere near delivering on their promises? No. Not close. When I watch M15 footage, I still see the same animations and items play out far too consistently...plus they are existing animations that can be found in M25, NCAA14, and yes..M13.
I have only played Madden 13, not 14. IMHO EA's engine does not deliver dynamic tackles. To me it appears to be more precanned tackles / fall downs / etc that can trigger. Just a LOT more precanned tackles, but the same tackles over and over again none-the-less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Infinity vs Ignite - Do you see/feel a difference? Is it meeting your expectation

Check out the Frank Gore tackle animation at 5:45. That old and canned solo tackle animation needs to go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiXP22Ul0s4

I think M15 on PS4 looks great up close but it still lacks realistic movements and true physics. All the E3 blogs sound great but when I watch these videos I'm still trying to see what's truly next gen here. It looks like the same Madden gameplay we're used to. Other than graphics I'm not seeing a compelling reason to rush out and get a PS4 for Madden. Madden used to be a system seller. It's not there for me this gen yet.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not really understanding why people keep stating there is no difference between "run time" and "real time"
Because there is no difference. These are textbook programming terms that are simply interchangeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
...considered Lugo stated there was (wish someone would find the quote) and it seems apparent that at some point EA Tiburon wanted to clarify that the Infinity Engine was NOT a complete real time physics engine. I guess EA was coining the term or something but it's pretty clear, at least to me, that Infinity is not real time physics and Emmdot seemed to break it down in that link.
I can't discredit Victor Lugo, he's a well-respected developer. But accuracy is accuracy. Run-time and real-time have always meant the same thing. If he differentiated the two somehow, he was simply mistaken.

Here is an excerpt from an article Victor Lugo himself wrote: "As the Designer for Infinity Team, I am very proud to announce that Madden NFL 13 will be shipping with the all-new Infinity Engine and the real-time physics that you’ve been requesting for so long."

Source: http://www.easports.com/news/article...developer-blog

But as I've said, run-time and real-time mean the same thing. If they wanted to clarify that the engine wasn't what they initially said, they picked the wrong words to do it with.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #44
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Because there is no difference. These are textbook programming terms that are simply interchangeable.

I can't discredit Victor Lugo, he's a well-respected developer. But accuracy is accuracy. Run-time and real-time have always meant the same thing. If he differentiated the two somehow, he was simply mistaken.

Here is an excerpt from an article Victor Lugo himself wrote: "As the Designer for Infinity Team, I am very proud to announce that Madden NFL 13 will be shipping with the all-new Infinity Engine and the real-time physics that you’ve been requesting for so long."

Source: http://www.easports.com/news/article...developer-blog

But as I've said, run-time and real-time mean the same thing. If they wanted to clarify that the engine wasn't what they initially said, they picked the wrong words to do it with.
Hmm...well the physics in Madden obviously are not real time, and have not ever been since it was introduced, so, is it safe to say we were lied to? Cause there's a difference between stretching the truth, and flat out lying.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #45
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I think the issue with madden is that there isn't enough going on under the hood to allow the game to react the way we want and expect the game to react. I think truly that's what separated 2k5/2k8 from madden and why those games are brought up still. Playing those games, you can see the game react differently, in the rain, snow, wind. Dynamic presentation elements show up, the way they implemented commentary. With madden, every play is basically the same, nothing different ever happens, and we are more or less playing something that is for all intents tricking us into thinking we are playing a game as opposed to playing a game. There doesn't seem to be any form of advanced programming dictating anything dynamic. This is why sidelines are an issue, crowd is an issue, this is why coverage is an issue, presentation, commentary, and animations. The game isn't rendering anything, and they throw stuff up there to make it look rendered as opposed to having the game do massive calculations thus having the ability to pull from all sorts of things to make dynamic stuff happen in game.

They can implement all these systems but if none of them are doing much except affect the current play. Real time worlds and physics isn't going to happen.

You pick a play, run the play, pick the next play. Anything that happens outside of that is irrelevant be it play now, franchise, whatever. That's the reality of madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #46
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Just going to assume the question posed in the title was rhetorical or self-fulfilling.

That said, if EA cant program a madden game to be physics based without having wonky rag doll body movements being involved then they should probably just stick to animations. I personally have no problems with them as long as theyre plentiful and done right. Have more variations of the same animation so the outcome can be in question as soon as it is triggered. Some group tackling animations, better o line d line interaction where defenders can eat up multiple blockers, better wr/db interactions, more slider control, more depth in game modes, etc are more important to the experience imo. M13 was such an eyesore and wasnt immersive whatsoever. If they can figure out how to make a clean physics based game thats great. If not just make a more immersive madden with animations. Funny seeing ppl say it is what it is and then continue to describe everything its not lol.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #47
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Hmm...well the physics in Madden obviously are not real time, and have not ever been since it was introduced, so, is it safe to say we were lied to? Cause there's a difference between stretching the truth, and flat out lying.
This.

That's why I'm still wondering why go for some invented hybrid tech versus implementing true real time physics? Looking back at the first year of IE, I think we were all so impressed and wowed by it because it was the first year that looked the most like RTP. However, ever since they began polishing it, the game looks less and less like physics is in, other than the rag doll limbs, imo.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If people haven't noticed, the last two years the hype for Madden has been considerably lower. The team under Cam & Rex is undersell over deliver.
But they have not over delivered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »