Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Definitely agree. Team EA Madden needs to keep the game screen visible at all times.

During play selection, simply shrink the game screen down (sort of like a picture in picture effect) with Play Calls, Score Board, Timeouts, along with a description of what happened during the previous play (45 yard TD pass to Boldin #81 (1) from Kapernick #7 (2). etc. etc.) surrounding it. Once the play has been selected, the in-game action should zoom back to full screen mode. This way, the gamer can see everything that happens on the field. Replay mode should also use this effect so the gamer can see the replay play out.

I quickly drafted up something that should work to keep the gamer immersed. The "other" game had something that continually kept the gamer immersed during the gameplay selection screen.

TEMPLATE 1: Play call selection on LEFT and RIGHT side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

==============================================
TEMPLATE 2
Play call selection on TOP and BOTTOM side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

Side Note: Was watching some highlights on MLB.com, and I've screen captured one image that team Madden can use as a template of sort to keep the in game action continuously visible to the gamer. During the play selection screen, Madden can show real game time action for both the defensive and offensive team. This is another idea to the above that team EA Madden can use to keep the gamer continually immersed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

Those are great examples. Especially template 1. I never understood why Madden show replays in the back ground behind the playcall screen that we could barely see. Please someone send this to Brian and lets try to get this added in Madden15, at least patch it in at some point, instead of having to wait till Madden 16 for something that is a no brainer from a presentation standpoint. That would add a lot to the presentation aspect of the game.

Last edited by STLRams; 07-08-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Because it was in the game, and then it was not, and now it is again. Just like 25 other things throughout the years. imagine if the game built upon itself year after year. What a concept.
Did you read the rest of my post? This team is building off of each year. These guys had nothing to do with those features being removed. They are righting a wrong and improving on it. Every feature since M13 that this team has added is still there and has been worked on each year. When can you say that about previous teams since 06?

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did you read the rest of my post? This team is building off of each year. These guys had nothing to do with those features being removed. They are righting a wrong and improving on it. Every feature since M13 that this team has added is still there and has been worked on each year. When can you say that about previous teams since 06?
If this team worked on 13, then they did have something to do with features being removed. Quite a few. Maybe they haven't removed any features since 13, but I can recall plenty of features NOT in 13 that were in 12. A lot of franchise features. But here is to hoping you are right. That this particular trend has stopped.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You say that as if they've changed the entire staff working on this game. They haven't. Many of the guys who've been there forever below the designer and producer levels are still there, and they are responsible for all of the issues over the years. The designers and producers are just the few guys they put on camera, but Madden is a HUGE development made up of many MAAAAAANY more people who you never see or hear about, and those guys collectively have the most impact on the overall quality of the components of the game we discuss most.

There is no "new team" and there never was. New leadership? Yes, but not a new team. That's all marketing hype.

Last edited by FaceMask; 07-08-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:11 AM   #85
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

Halftime audio/visual improvements. From what I have seen and heard, it is lacking.

Last edited by Reejer; 07-09-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #86
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
Halftime audio/visual improvements. From what I have seen and heard, it is lacking.
I would agree but Ronnie of tradition sports said when he saw the halftime show it was much better than the example we saw. We have to wait for the final build because they were not done working on it as of E3, same with commentary, he said they were working on the commentary a ton while he was down there.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

As I watch the halftime clips a few times I just come away thinking "Man, I enjoyed what NCAA 14 was doing with halftime more." I'm not trying to be that guy...but even though they did not commentate on specific plays in that presentation, I prefer it because it is so fluid and is actually commenting on the story of the game.

In the Madden 15 haltime show...we are getting a series of plays, robotically commented on that don't really flow well at all. On top of that, for a playoff game, no mention of that or anything else until sending it back to the field.

Small sample size at present, but not really impressed with half time. The rest of the presentation upgrades are nice though.The audio is still just miles behind other sports offerings IMO.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #88
Rookie

William85's Arena

OVR: 0

1. I'd like toward the end of the season the different channels always show and discuss the different playoff scenarios. It add importance to the late season games. Then maybe in the fourth quarter show scores from around the league that have an impact on said scenario.

2. Say your game could be running long . Qvertime I guess. Have Nance say " we welcome you who were just watching the Kansas City Chiefs defeat the Denver Broncos " . Especially if that game had an impact on your teams playoff chances. It would make it feel like a living breathing league , not just stats and standings.

3. Rivalry games should have a better sense of excitement. Something about Seahawks /Niners or Packers /Bears just gets the heart pumping a little more for me.

4. When an injury occurs , lets have the training staff help the guy off the field while everyone else is kneeling ( If its a bad one. )

5. I think a subtle approach to halftime works better. Cut to Nance and Sims in the booth talking about the key points and highlights from the first half. FOr example , say your using the Eagles and you have a big first half running the football , Nance could say " Phil , the Eagles run game dominated the first half" Then have Phil break down a few key plays. To me , if they are not putting in the CBS studio team , there isn't a point in a " halftime show". Just make it a little more organic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »