Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #105
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Something that can be done to presentation for USER games is to bring in CPU games. Give us highlights or audio or reference to other games, especially during late season games or playoffs. When 49ers play Seahawks, bring up history.

Right now, each game feels almost exactly the same. More banners will help bring that game to life but each game should feel like part of a season, part of a living world. There is no context to games and Week 17 with playoffs on the line feels like Week 1.

We said same thing about NCAA, make my rivals feel different and update me on things that impact my team. Show me division highlights, stats from players in and out of my game vying for rushing title etc.
I agree. Every game really does feel the same. If they are unable to get licensing from networks... they should design multiple broadcast packages. maybe even just stat banners and score boards. Have it look a certain way for nfc games.. and afc games. Monday night games...etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #106
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Something that can be done to presentation for USER games is to bring in CPU games. Give us highlights or audio or reference to other games, especially during late season games or playoffs. When 49ers play Seahawks, bring up history.

Right now, each game feels almost exactly the same. More banners will help bring that game to life but each game should feel like part of a season, part of a living world. There is no context to games and Week 17 with playoffs on the line feels like Week 1.

We said same thing about NCAA, make my rivals feel different and update me on things that impact my team. Show me division highlights, stats from players in and out of my game vying for rushing title etc.
I thought the ESPN ticker added to NCAA Football scrolling scores from other actual games in your dynasty was an outstanding simple feature to bring that mode to life. Add that to Madden with the expanded element of stat breakdowns, scrolling injury updates, breaking league news, etc, like the real life ticker and a quick "look around the league" pregame, at halftime, again at the end of the game, instant league immersion. Video highlights would take that to another level but I'm just referring to text and graphical overlays, with some basic pregame/halftime/end game commentary.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 5

Just a score ticker along the bottom of the screen would hugely help immersion. Even with no highlights at all.

When I play Madden it makes me feel like I am in the universe all by myself with no other games being played.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #108
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Just a score ticker along the bottom of the screen would hugely help immersion. Even with no highlights at all.

When I play Madden it makes me feel like I am in the universe all by myself with no other games being played.
No doubt. I don't need highlights but a score ticker on the bottom of the screen would really help with immersion. Showing updated scores, some stats, etc. Like we see in the real NFL on gamedays!!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #109
Pro

OVR: 7

I would love to see a real halftime show and more presentation surrounding the draft. Right now, Madden 15 presentation looks like hot garbage. Actually laughable. I know it's not a finished product, but man, this game looks just as stale as the other years. Like someone said earlier, it would be nice if the presentation changed as you're going through the season. Just don't think madden will ever be able to capture what we see on sundays.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #110
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

The cover 2 cb's are still jacked up! Rex said to RG, run a curl/flat so we can show how the cb sinks with the curl route. Then cb still jumped the damn flat route by #2, and gave up an easy 10 yard gain. This is what really did me in, rex exclaims- Look how he jumped that flat route. Oh, then rg kept saying, look, he dropped almost 10 yards... what a football idiot! The cb will reroute #1, then sink back to a depth of 12 yards, and during his drop, he locates #2, if #1 or #2 are still going vertical, he will sink up to 20 yards. Kiffin's 98 bucs playbook is easily found on the internet, so why can't inept sports find it??? Sorry, I meant EA sports. I thought the game was in good hands, then there was this crap. W
Old 07-24-2014, 05:47 AM   #111
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Different presentation elements for different games (NFC v. NFC, AFC v. AFC, etc.)

Since EA doesn't mind ripping off what CBS does, here's how it could look for an NFC (Fox) game.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #112
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Does anyone know if some sent Rex or one of the other devs a request to the adjustment of the play call screen? During replays and regular on the field stuff the play call screen pretty much blocks everything. The devs need to have the play call screens off to the side of the screen, and a bit smaller so that the user can actually see the replays and on the field in between plays camera views.
I sent the requests and pics of the play call screen adjustments that someone made on here, to Brian Murray and Clint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »