Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

What's disheartening about the playcall screen is that we've been through this issue before with Madden. They're not learning from their past mistakes. Some of the things they do simply lack common sense, and that's not something you can be taught. You either have it or you don't.

It seems to me that when they implement something, they're more concerned with just getting it in (just getting it done) than with the functionality (doing it well). I'm not making any claims about any single individual that works on Madden, but that type of attitude is usually indicative of someone who isn't too thrilled about their job and is just trying to get through it. We shouldn't have to be pining for a playcall screen from a game made 2 generations ago. If you're going to put that much stuff on screen, then it should be obvious what that's going to do and that's where the common sense part comes in.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #114
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Just a score ticker along the bottom of the screen would hugely help immersion. Even with no highlights at all.

When I play Madden it makes me feel like I am in the universe all by myself with no other games being played.
I agree with this. Does anyone know if there was a ticker in multiple team online dynasty's in NCAA
Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #115
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Just reading a quote from clint on twitter about stat banners and there length. Someone asked if they could be longer. He basically said there was a conscious effort to streamline the game to get users more playtime in a shorter period.

I hate hearing things like this for a few reasons

1. There should be an option for fast play. It's a beautiful looking game allow the user to enjoy it.
2. With the resume feature on xbox one, People can take their time
3. Why can't the stat banners stay on the screen while pre play menus are up
4. This sounds like it's catered to the head to head crowd.
5. Don't see why you want to rush people through a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #116
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

OVR: 0

Head to head is fine people usually rush thru games anyway. Presentation can really shine in CFM. I would love to see EA bring back a version of the weekly radio show that along with the banners and tickers made the game feel more authentic. Even if the show was talked about in the past tense like the host had an interview with (i.e.) the coach of the previous year Super Bowl team and he quotes him saying etc. Have different seasons to the show and headlines depending on the time of season (week 1-8, 9-13, 13-17, wildcard/divisional, conference/Super Bowl, offseason staff/FA/the draft, training camp and preseason). Reduce the college prospects news out of the headlines give it it's own specific page where all that can dominate. That's several but they are all important and have different feels to them. Have analyst make early predictions for Super Bowl winners and season records via twitter. Get rid of the generic team in practice, you should be going against your own team or practice squad. Bring back training camp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »