Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #17
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I just want the sleeves fixed. Please don't put long sleeves on my 300 pound DT in week 1 if I have no sleeves chosen in his equipment. This shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I can't help it
Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #18
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yes I've seen drive summary, WR and HB stat banners, coaching banners. I'll post pics later today of them.
Right, but they have a habit of showing it for 3 seconds, what's the point?
Old 07-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll start, obviously we were disappointed with what we saw of the halftime show.
So that definitely needs work. I was told they are going to improve it and polish it for the final build.

What do you guys hope to see in the final build?
I hope to see more variable and dynamic presentation.

As it stands now, the opening sequence with the players' huddled together is already getting old because it always looks the same. If there are substitutions made, I want to see the players running off the field and the subs running onto the field in real time.

The game is basically done, but I cringe (in a bad way) when I simply hear 'improve' and 'polish' for the halftime show. Just completely redo it so the camera angle is in broadcast view to show how the play was developed from beginning to end. Embedded below is how the camera angles should be for the halftime show (broadcast: Berman's Fastest 3 Minutes).

Team Madden should really sit down at watch 100 to 200 halftime show of Madden 15's current leak halftime show. If they can sit through it and stomach it without wanting to press a button, then....I don't know.

The presentation department has to get the fact that people will be playing the game over and over and over. The gamer needs to be continually immersed in the game even after game #350 or #757. The presentation needs dynamic and variable camera angles to keep the game fresh and tasty. You're trying to stop the person from press either the A or X button because he/she is tired of looking at the same thing.

Below is how the camera angles should be (Berman Fastest 3 Minutes) for the halftime show.

Start @0:28 mark (Berman Fastest 3 Minutes) - I can watch this camera angle all day long. I would play the game just to see the genius that is offered in a halftime show like this. This would actually completely rejuvenate and energize me for the second half kick off. Broadcast view. Broadcast view. Broadcast view. Play development from beginning to end. Broadcast view.

Start @0:43 mark (Madden 15 halftime show) - I would skip the halftime show after a couple sittings if this is THE product in the end. I can't tell how the play was developed at all. No broadcast view at all. Heartbreaking.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd like to see some tighter shots post play. In the footage I've seen there weren't enough tight close shots. I also would like the broadcast view to be utilized more. Pre play, and in replays.

I'm fine with tight post play shots but for halftime highlights, I really want to see more camera angles that show the whole play develop.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
MVP

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd like to see names on the back of sideline players along with their correct sock length & accessories. It totally kills the immersion that they're going for with the presentation every time I see them cut to the sidelines. The sad part is they finally have the actual players on the sidelines & not random players but they still don't have names on their jerseys smh. This is Next Gen so it's time to get the sidelines up to par.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #22
MVP

I'd also like to see the refs not disappear during replays. Is that too much to ask? Oh & how about we see refs actually throw flags?
Old 07-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #23
MVP

Any confirmation if camera men & fans still wear shorts & t-shirts during snow games? I seriously hope they fixed that this year. Fans wore jackets & raincoats during weather games in the PS2 days so I would expect Next Gen to be dynamic also.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I'd also like to see the refs not disappear during replays. Is that too much to ask? Oh & how about we see refs actually throw flags?
In those other football games, referees had physical bodies that could impede other players on the field. In Madden, they're ghosts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »