Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #25
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Right, but they have a habit of showing it for 3 seconds, what's the point?
I would be shocked if that's not fixed in the final build. Brian mentions having banners display for replays and commentary far too often in his interviews for it not to be a focus. This is his first year as presentation director so please don't mention games in the past that he had nothing to do with. I believe the big jump in presentation has a lot to do with his hiring, I know the example we saw of halftime wasnt good but they've said it will be better in the final build and in the OP it says that Ronnie of tradition sports thought the halftime show was much better than what we saw. He told me he's about as transparent as they come and he was pretty impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #26
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I would be shocked if that's not fixed in the final build. Brian mentions having banners display for replays and commentary far too often in his interviews for it not to be a focus. This is his first year as presentation director so please don't mention games in the past that he had nothing to do with. I believe the big jump in presentation has a lot to do with his hiring, I know the example we saw of halftime wasnt good but they've said it will be better in the final build and in the OP it says that Ronnie of tradition sports thought the halftime show was much better than what we saw. He told me he's about as transparent as they come and he was pretty impressed.
Do you have a link to his interview that says stat banners being displayed during replays?

Also did you ever find pics of rb and wr stat banners.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #27
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Can anyone or jpdavis1982 ask @Drifterbub or Ronnie of Tradition Sports, if the halftime show will be shown in broadcast view, and if the plays will be shown from beginning to the end so the gamer can see how they were developed? Very simple questions that's pretty simple to answer. Please link the Berman Fastest 3 Minute video when asking this particular question. Thanks.

"@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I thought it [halftime show] was cool and much better than the example that is out. I didn't see it when it was 100% complete, but it was nice."

This really doesn't give gamers much concrete hope. His answer was rather vague with no real concrete substance.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
In those other football games, referees had physical bodies that could impede other players on the field. In Madden, they're ghosts.
This is by far my hugest gripe with EA and Madden. I expected, and I'm sure others have too, by at least M12/13, those "other games" would be nothing but relics. But no, we can still bring up a game from 7 years ago that had "Living Worlds" perfected, that had referees that could actually say a player's number and were made of actual matter. Really?

As far as Madden 15, just use broadcast camera for half time show, presentation is much better.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I hope to see more variable and dynamic presentation.

As it stands now, the opening sequence with the players' huddled together is already getting old because it always looks the same. If there are substitutions made, I want to see the players running off the field and the subs running onto the field in real time.

The game is basically done, but I cringe (in a bad way) when I simply hear 'improve' and 'polish' for the halftime show. Just completely redo it so the camera angle is in broadcast view to show how the play was developed from beginning to end. Embedded below is how the camera angles should be for the halftime show (broadcast: Berman's Fastest 3 Minutes).

Team Madden should really sit down at watch 100 to 200 halftime show of Madden 15's current leak halftime show. If they can sit through it and stomach it without wanting to press a button, then....I don't know.

The presentation department has to get the fact that people will be playing the game over and over and over. The gamer needs to be continually immersed in the game even after game #350 or #757. The presentation needs dynamic and variable camera angles to keep the game fresh and tasty. You're trying to stop the person from press either the A or X button because he/she is tired of looking at the same thing.

Below is how the camera angles should be (Berman Fastest 3 Minutes) for the halftime show.

Start @0:28 mark (Berman Fastest 3 Minutes) - I can watch this camera angle all day long. I would play the game just to see the genius that is offered in a halftime show like this. This would actually completely rejuvenate and energize me for the second half kick off. Broadcast view. Broadcast view. Broadcast view. Play development from beginning to end. Broadcast view.

Start @0:43 mark (Madden 15 halftime show) - I would skip the halftime show after a couple sittings if this is THE product in the end. I can't tell how the play was developed at all. No broadcast view at all. Heartbreaking.

Strawberryshortcake you make great points. That's exactly what I want too. I haven't gotten madden since 10 and I may be in the minority but I real to life stats and presentation to match. I want to be energized to keep playing until madden 16. That's how madden games used to be for me.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Do you have a link to his interview that says stat banners being displayed during replays?

Also did you ever find pics of rb and wr stat banners.
My computer crashed a couple months ago so I only have these in twitter format. Does anyone know how I can put them in jpg format from a I5?

http://twitter.com/jpdavis1982/statu...780288/photo/1

http://twitter.com/jpdavis1982/statu...590720/photo/1

I guess the PR podcast would be a good one to hear Brian talk about how they show banners after replays but he does in the VSN and FranchisePlay podcasts as well.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Can anyone or jpdavis1982 ask @Drifterbub or Ronnie of Tradition Sports, if the halftime show will be shown in broadcast view, and if the plays will be shown from beginning to the end so the gamer can see how they were developed? Very simple questions that's pretty simple to answer. Please link the Berman Fastest 3 Minute video when asking this particular question. Thanks.

"@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I thought it [halftime show] was cool and much better than the example that is out. I didn't see it when it was 100% complete, but it was nice."

This really doesn't give gamers much concrete hope. His answer was rather vague with no real concrete substance.
Just tweeted Ronnie about this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

So here's what Ronnie said about halftime

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub When you saw the halftime show in M15 did they ever show the highlights in a broadcast cam like 2k5 used to?

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I can't recall using the traditional broadcast camera, but did use a bunch of the NCAA broadcast cameras. It's better than 2k5.

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub so that's during halftime it was showing from broadcast camera? The example we saw was zoomed way in & didn't show beginning of

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub the plays like from snap until the play ended. It would show the highlight only.

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I don't remember if it was from the snap. I know the engine uses lots of different camera angles.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-06-2014 at 10:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »