Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So here's what Ronnie said about halftime

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub When you saw the halftime show in M15 did they ever show the highlights in a broadcast cam like 2k5 used to?

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I can't recall using the traditional broadcast camera, but did use a bunch of the NCAA broadcast cameras. It's better than 2k5.

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub so that's during halftime it was showing from broadcast camera? The example we saw was zoomed way in & didn't show beginning of

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub the plays like from snap until the play ended. It would show the highlight only.

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I don't remember if it was from the snap. I know the engine uses lots of different camera angles.

Thanks JP now that gives me some hope for the halftime show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by kb0731; 07-06-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Post Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

More from Ronnie

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub that is cool, so it changes every time right? Like it's not the same lines or similar every time ? Something Maddens known for

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 It was very dynamic what we saw and it wasn't even done yet.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:46 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I found this in the OS interview with Rex

OS: The Show Time pre-game and halftime show sounds interesting. Will the show cover other games in progress, showing highlights from those games as well or will it only discuss the game you are playing?

RD: For the first year of the new pre-game and halftime shows, it is about the game you are playing, but we’re definitely looking at ways to expand it in the future. The halftime show is a huge breakthrough for the Madden NFL franchise and something we’re very excited to give to fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Icon14 Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Crowds appear to have more variety this year, I see far less duplicates than in 25 here.

http://twitter.com/jpdavis1982/statu...599360/photo/1
Old 07-07-2014, 05:19 AM   #37
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Here's an article from the EA site that specifically mentions commentary being tied to banners. It also talks about the player spotlight montages which is something I don't know most people even know about.

NEW BROADCAST ELEMENTS
The Madden development team placed a heavy emphasis on broadcast banners, and tying new commentary back to them. Every banner in the game has been retouched to reflect the look and feel of an authentic NFL broadcast, and players will see a variety of new broadcast wipes that provide context to in-game performances.

A refined drop-down system will provide consistent updates on player performances. These additions help provide context to games in Connected Franchise mode, making them feel like a living, breathing season. Pregame and halftime banners tie together events from the season, including new Playoff Chase and Divisional Standings banners.

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT MONTAGES
New broadcast banners and montages tell dynamic stories about how players are performing, making every game feel fresh. If a quarterback like Colin Kaepernick or Robert Griffin III is making big plays with their legs, gamers may see a montage of some of their biggest runs. If a pass rush is making life difficult on an opposing quarterback, you might see a few of their biggest plays. It’s all about telling a story.

Here's a specific example that Murray gave in his Polygon interview.

"Let's say Jim was talking about any random play, let's say, Peyton Manning," Murray explained. "When he says, ‘Peyton Manning,' we want to see him, and we want the UI to pop up. That's a big win right there. If all you're doing is hearing him say something, and all you're looking at is beauty shots of the stadium, or not the player he's talking about, then of course you'd go, ‘There's something wrong with the commentary. "But if you're hearing and seeing and you're watching the UI cover what he's talking about, I think that's a big win," Murray said. "So I don't think it's just one issue."

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-07-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Here's what he says about cameras and replays, I think most long time OS'ers will appreciate this.

It's hard to put into words but the support the broadcast direction gives to the rest of the game, particularly in post-play animations, is why many left EA Sports' booth saying the game does legitimately look better. It's not just next-gen graphics and a coat of polish on them. Murray, essentially, is a director with benefit of knowing when and how multiple sequences of action will take place and how long they'll go, so it's easy to be ready for them with his award-winning camera style.

"Before, we'd just pick, like, a camera bank," Murray explained. "Ball's snapped, so we pick five cameras based on where the ball begins [and follow the replay from there]. Now we're picking all of our cameras based on where the ball ends. I know it sounds like a simple thing, but it actually makes a heck of a lot of difference.

"The old way didn't really make sense," Murray said, "and it was nothing you saw on TV."
Old 07-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

All of the talk is fine. But the presentation seen from the E3 vids shows a lot of problems. Tiburon's Devs are saying the right things, but they always do. The final game needs to reflect what they're saying, and with Madden there is usually a large disparity between what they say and what we actually get.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #40
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
All of the talk is fine. But the presentation seen from the E3 vids shows a lot of problems. Tiburon's Devs are saying the right things, but they always do. The final game needs to reflect what they're saying, and with Madden there is usually a large disparity between what they say and what we actually get.
Well this is the first year that Brian Murray has been there and he seems to have a clear direction and the credentials to back it up. I think the presentation in the E3 videos has been much improved over previous Madden's in basically every way possible. That was only the alpha build, I'd expect more polish and tuning come Aug 26.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »