Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #49
MVP
 
jmurphy31's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
There is a few things about the presentation that I have brought up before and I will do it again. At the end of the game, we have the play of the game, the player of the game and the little shot of an interview with the player of the game.

It is annoying, for lack of a better term, it is to see the play of the game go to a play that had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Let's say you have a defensive line man and he made two tackles the entire game. How does he become player of the game? I cannot count how many times that this has happened.

Another thing is the play of the game. Let's say we have a DB make an interception and runs it back for a good gain. However, his interception, although nice, has nothing whatsoever to do with how the game was won, nor did it tip the scales on way or another. How does it make the play of the game. Again, I cannot tell you how many times I have seen something similar to this happen.

Finally, the post game "interview" with the player of the game. Have any of you noticed who is conducting the interview? It looks like he a part of one team's training staff. Sure he has a microphone, but he is also sporting a utility belt with tape on it. It is pretty funny and sad at the same time.

I know there have been many things covered thus far in this thread about presentation, but I thought I would add what I would like to see changed or corrected.
I've had pretty good luck with the play of the game. Usually have been touchdowns.

Never had a player of the game a DT or even a DE (who had 5 sacks).

But the INT return for a TD bug is inexcusable. For example I had a game where I threw 5 TD and 1 INT and had over 450 yards. I also won the game by 30 points and the player of the game was the CB from the losing team. This has been in the game for at least 5 years.
jmurphy31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #50
Titans Era has begun.
 
HealyMonster's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 5,999
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Here's an article from the EA site that specifically mentions commentary being tied to banners. It also talks about the player spotlight montages which is something I don't know most people even know about.

NEW BROADCAST ELEMENTS
The Madden development team placed a heavy emphasis on broadcast banners, and tying new commentary back to them. Every banner in the game has been retouched to reflect the look and feel of an authentic NFL broadcast, and players will see a variety of new broadcast wipes that provide context to in-game performances.

A refined drop-down system will provide consistent updates on player performances. These additions help provide context to games in Connected Franchise mode, making them feel like a living, breathing season. Pregame and halftime banners tie together events from the season, including new Playoff Chase and Divisional Standings banners.

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT MONTAGES
New broadcast banners and montages tell dynamic stories about how players are performing, making every game feel fresh. If a quarterback like Colin Kaepernick or Robert Griffin III is making big plays with their legs, gamers may see a montage of some of their biggest runs. If a pass rush is making life difficult on an opposing quarterback, you might see a few of their biggest plays. It’s all about telling a story.

Here's a specific example that Murray gave in his Polygon interview.

"Let's say Jim was talking about any random play, let's say, Peyton Manning," Murray explained. "When he says, ‘Peyton Manning,' we want to see him, and we want the UI to pop up. That's a big win right there. If all you're doing is hearing him say something, and all you're looking at is beauty shots of the stadium, or not the player he's talking about, then of course you'd go, ‘There's something wrong with the commentary. "But if you're hearing and seeing and you're watching the UI cover what he's talking about, I think that's a big win," Murray said. "So I don't think it's just one issue."
Jp this isn't directed at you, but from what I can see what they showed at E3 as far as replays doesn't resemble a broadcast. Even the halftime show doesn't show the play, it shows 1 person from the start of the play, like on the int, it shows the db standing there then all of a sudden he jumps and picks off the ball. There's no relevance to anything they show, was it a bad pass,etc etc so he talks about the camera angles on replays didn't make sense in past maddens, but he fixed them...and fr what I can tell they don't make sense. Unless I'm missing something?
HealyMonster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #51
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
There is a few things about the presentation that I have brought up before and I will do it again. At the end of the game, we have the play of the game, the player of the game and the little shot of an interview with the player of the game.

It is annoying, for lack of a better term, it is to see the play of the game go to a play that had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Let's say you have a defensive line man and he made two tackles the entire game. How does he become player of the game? I cannot count how many times that this has happened.

Another thing is the play of the game. Let's say we have a DB make an interception and runs it back for a good gain. However, his interception, although nice, has nothing whatsoever to do with how the game was won, nor did it tip the scales on way or another. How does it make the play of the game. Again, I cannot tell you how many times I have seen something similar to this happen.

Finally, the post game "interview" with the player of the game. Have any of you noticed who is conducting the interview? It looks like he a part of one team's training staff. Sure he has a microphone, but he is also sporting a utility belt with tape on it. It is pretty funny and sad at the same time.

I know there have been many things covered thus far in this thread about presentation, but I thought I would add what I would like to see changed or corrected.
The bold had me lmao so I went to try to find it, man you wildin out, the training staff dude with the "utility belt" ain't doing the interview, it's the other guy from the tv crew holding the mic, lol.
Spoiler


I feel you on the other stuff though.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #52
MVP
 
jmurphy31's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Jp this isn't directed at you, but from what I can see what they showed at E3 as far as replays doesn't resemble a broadcast. Even the halftime show doesn't show the play, it shows 1 person from the start of the play, like on the int, it shows the db standing there then all of a sudden he jumps and picks off the ball. There's no relevance to anything they show, was it a bad pass,etc etc so he talks about the camera angles on replays didn't make sense in past maddens, but he fixed them...and fr what I can tell they don't make sense. Unless I'm missing something?
The best replay system was when EA had "back track" (I think that's what it was called). After a bad play (INT, sack) they showed the replay with Collinsworth breaking down the play. It was great except it was only negative plays and you had the option to rewind the play and try it again.
jmurphy31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #53
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Jp this isn't directed at you, but from what I can see what they showed at E3 as far as replays doesn't resemble a broadcast. Even the halftime show doesn't show the play, it shows 1 person from the start of the play, like on the int, it shows the db standing there then all of a sudden he jumps and picks off the ball. There's no relevance to anything they show, was it a bad pass,etc etc so he talks about the camera angles on replays didn't make sense in past maddens, but he fixed them...and fr what I can tell they don't make sense. Unless I'm missing something?
I've heard people on here say something similar, but to me from the pregame to the QB intros, player lineups, to the post play cameras, and the quarter breaks, even halftime,it reminds me of a cbs broadcast.

Watch and compare to what were getting in the e3 footage

http://youtu.be/O0V6bk1QqS4

Halftime
http://youtu.be/0XZFIV7xNGw
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #55
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,879
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I'd also like to know why they removed the broadcast cam from field goals. Something like that didn't need to be removed because you weren't forced to use it anyway. Would've also liked to see them add the reverse broadcast field goal cam. The one we see most of the time on tv. It was in Madden 12 but you had to pause the game and go into replay mode to get it I think.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #56
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,708
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
The best replay system was when EA had "back track" (I think that's what it was called). After a bad play (INT, sack) they showed the replay with Collinsworth breaking down the play. It was great except it was only negative plays and you had the option to rewind the play and try it again.
Yea that was great (minus the ability to re-do the play).

Wonder why that went away?
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.

Top -