Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #57
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

EA Sports Rewind is what it was called.

My recollection of the Collinsworth breakdowns is that it routinely failed to identify the correct receiver to throw the ball to in the breakdown and that it was generally worthless.

As to why Rewind went away, it'd be too easy to say "people complained that it wasn't sim", so what I'm going to put forth instead is that Tiburon may have decided that using the Skills Trainer to teach players how to play their game would be a better approach, rather than in-game mulligans without proper and good explanation. No reason why they couldn't have both, as the Rewind feature helped me a ton when learning how to properly play Forza Motorsport 3, but it is what it is.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #58

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

My recollection of the Collinsworth breakdowns is that it routinely failed to identify the correct receiver to throw the ball to in the breakdown and that it was generally worthless.

As to why Rewind went away, it'd be too easy to say "people complained that it wasn't sim", so what I'm going to put forth instead is that Tiburon may have decided that using the Skills Trainer to teach players how to play their game would be a better approach, rather than in-game mulligans without proper and good explanation. No reason why they couldn't have both, as the Rewind feature helped me a ton when learning how to properly play Forza Motorsport 3, but it is what it is.
Yea I get that, that part was stupid to the nth degree. The re-do could probably have been removed without the post play analysis (could easily be wrong about that as well but that's your area lol).

I liked the post play diagram and didn't remember it being wrong that often but could easily be mis-remembering.

I don't generally go back and watch replays after throwing a pick and thought it was nice to see what I missed in case I had been locked in on one receiver and even if Collinsworth was wrong I still thought it was something pretty cool that if worked on over the years could have been a nice touch.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #59
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

The whole feature also took way too long. Real life analysis doesn't take up nearly as much time. That's probably the main reason why it was removed. If Tiburon doesn't think people use something or they skip over it, it's usually scrapped, regardless of the realism it adds. Instead of them refining it and making it more true to life it was scrapped in the usual Tiburon fashion.

This team says those days are over though. Which leads me back to my original question, where's my broadcast kick off and field goal cams? Lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well this is the first year that Brian Murray has been there and he seems to have a clear direction and the credentials to back it up.
I respect his NFL Films credentials. We have to. But it's difficult to take a real-world modality and translate it accurately to a video game. Based on what's been seen of the E3 vids, that concept rings true here.

Quote:
I think the presentation in the E3 videos has been much improved over previous Madden's in basically every way possible.
We differ greatly on that opinion. That's not to say that any previous Madden's had presentation nailed by any stretch of the imagination, but camera-wise a lot of what the E3 vids show is a letdown and doesn't line up with the particulars of what Brian Murray has claimed, but that likely is out of his hands as I'm certain he has to hand his direction off to programmers and designers who ultimately are the ones who make or break the vision he communicates.

Quote:
That was only the alpha build, I'd expect more polish and tuning come Aug 26.
Me, too. I just don't expect it to be anything significant. I expect the game at E3 to be much the same game that will be released August 26th.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #61
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I've heard people on here say something similar, but to me from the pregame to the QB intros, player lineups, to the post play cameras, and the quarter breaks, even halftime,it reminds me of a cbs broadcast.

Watch and compare to what were getting in the e3 footage

http://youtu.be/O0V6bk1QqS4

Halftime
http://youtu.be/0XZFIV7xNGw

Good examples.

In reference to my earlier posts about the stat banners, in this video :
http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/12/m...n-live-e3-2014

Watch just the beginning ore kick off, they show the return stats then kicker stats, the pop in then pop out too quick, can you see if they intend on allowing them to be up longer in the final build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #62
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

It was actually called Back Track (Rewind is the replay of NFL games during the season).

I never cared for it to be a teaching device, but if they used it properly for both good plays and bad and worked out the kinks I think it could of been great. I think the turorials are the way to go when it comes to training. Having a re-do in game isnt ideal.

In reality, the main goal of the presentation team in the future dealing with replays.

1. Better angles and show the whole play
2. Add commentary to the replay (That is really what made Back Track look good)
3. Dont put the play call screen over it, unless the user wants to skip it.

Here is an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uTDtzYtOE
Old 07-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #63
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It was actually called Back Track (Rewind is the replay of NFL games during the season).
I thought Madden Moments was the replaying of games during the season, while Rewind was when you hit a button and the game went back in time or whatever. What am I thinking of?

Last edited by MajorSupreme; 07-07-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #64
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I though Madden Moments was the replaying of games during the season, while Rewind was when you hit a button and the game went back in time or whatever. What am I thinking of?
The do -over was called rewind. Back Track was the replay of it. I was thinking of the NFL Rewind which lets you watch real NFL games replayed on your computer during the season.

Madden Moments allowed you to replay a weekly scenario. sorry for the confusion

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »