Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #65
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Yeah, JMurphy is right - the do-over was Rewind and the Collinsworth scolding was Backtrack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #66
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, JMurphy is right - the do-over was Rewind and the Collinsworth scolding was Backtrack.
Pretty funny the way you said "the Collinsworth scolding" Actually made me laugh because he was basically doing that
Old 07-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Crowds appear to have more variety this year, I see far less duplicates than in 25 here.

http://twitter.com/jpdavis1982/statu...599360/photo/1
Yeah but still no woman or children smh.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The whole feature also took way too long. Real life analysis doesn't take up nearly as much time. That's probably the main reason why it was removed. If Tiburon doesn't think people use something or they skip over it, it's usually scrapped, regardless of the realism it adds. Instead of them refining it and making it more true to life it was scrapped in the usual Tiburon fashion.

This team says those days are over though. Which leads me back to my original question, where's my broadcast kick off and field goal cams? Lol.
In personally hated the broadcast kickoff cam because it forced us to look at the ugly sidelines lol. If they had real sidelines with detailed players (with names on jerseys) then I wouldn't mind as much.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well this is the first year that Brian Murray has been there and he seems to have a clear direction and the credentials to back it up. Aug 26.
Jp if I had a nickel for every time you said something like this lol. So what happens when they bring someone new in next year & it's his 1st year? So anytime someone new comes in does that mean we're going to have to wait 2 to 3 years (3 year plan) for them to get it right? Will the cycle ever end? I'm not saying Brian Murphy isn't doing a good job because he clearly is & I definitely like the direction he's taking, but we have to please stop with these 1st year/3 year plan excuses. It's getting a little old just sayin..........
Old 07-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Jp if I had a nickel for every time you said something like this lol. So what happens when they bring someone new in next year & it's his 1st year? So anytime someone new comes in does that mean we're going to have to wait 2 to 3 years (3 year plan) for them to get it right? Will the cycle ever end? I'm not saying Brian Murphy isn't doing a good job because he clearly is & I definitely like the direction he's taking, but we have to please stop with these 1st year/3 year plan excuses. It's getting a little old just sayin..........
Just an FYI, there was a thread closed very recently because of the calling out.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #71
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just an FYI, there was a thread closed very recently because of the calling out.
I personally don't mind it but put yourself on my side of the equation. The way most people feel about me, one person, is how I feel about most people on here, hundreds of people. I try not to offend or judge others on that level though. We all want the same thing at the end of the day, a better game of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #72
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Good thread. Here are mine:

1) Have the presentation begin to add DRAMA to the game. For example, when a guy gets injured, have the sideline reporter give you bits and pieces of information as it becomes available. The less details she can give you, the more serious the injury likely is.

2) For injuries, be specific. No more "lower body injury" stuff. If Adrian Peterson has a broken ankle, the sideline reporter needs to tell us that Adrian Peterson is going to miss the rest of the game with a BROKEN ANKLE.

3) Conversely, I would like to see guys who get injured come back and play, and have their injury affect their on-field performance. And then, I'd like to see the commentators and sideline reporter discuss this. If Jamaal Charles seriously injuries his shoulder, but comes back in the 3rd quarter, his return should be massive news--that needs to be a full-on announcement, and stat banners need to show us the difference in rushing yards between when he was in and when he was out.

At the same time, if and when Jamaal Charles fumbles the ball in the fourth quarter, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms need to discuss Charles' injury, how it's affecting his play, and how Andy Reid is making a serious mistake. Then, let's have this decision have ramifications in franchise mode. Maybe Charles is listed as out for two weeks with a separated shoulder. Maybe fans don't buy as many jerseys that week, or team morale goes down.

Again, adding DRAMA to the game/league.

4) We talk a lot about stat banners, and they are very important. But here's something I never have seen ever--stat banners that compare your player to player's or team's of the past. If my running back is on pace for 2,000 yards in a season, I want to see a stat banner at week 13 telling me not only how many yards he has and how many yards he has to average a game to get to 2,000, but I want to see my RB's stats up against the likes of Barry Sanders, OJ Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Terrell Davis, Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson, etc and discuss how my player is on pace to join those legends.

5) I get it--fine, for whatever reason, they don't want to add highlights from other games. Well, how about when we come back from a "commercial break" (better known as the end of a quarter in Madden), Jim Nantz catches us up on the marquee games of the week. Who's winning? Who's losing? Who got injured?

How about at halftime, they give us ALL the scores of ALL the games in the league?

Heck, how about--like real life--we get a ticker at the bottom of the screen (even if it's just one every quarter) that gives us an update on who's winning games, who's the leading passer, rusher, etc, and who is injured?

6) Please do something with the playcall screen. I am a single player guy, but I feel sorry for anyone who loves presentation but also loves playing mutliplayer. Because you're not going to see ANYTHING this year.

Find a way--and it's not hard because it's been done before--to not have the playcall screens block the presentation.

7) Vary up the post-play "huddle" scenes. Already tired of them. It looks like you have 5 different "huddle" scenes (mostly seen around the time when you pick a play) and they all just rotate. The developers need to understand that people are playing these games over and over and over and over and over again....I get it, things will get old in a football game. Fine. But try and limit how SOON it gets old by varying it up. Give us close ups. Shoot different sequences or "takes" of the huddle. Watch a broadcast and implement how they handle it.

8) Stats banners in general need to stay up longer.

9) Lastly...I feel the replays are too hurried. Need to be slowed down just a pinch, especially on passes. I think the problem here is that the replays always FOLLOW THE BALL, and not the PLAY. This is a problem, because not only does it make it feel like the replay is rushed (who knows, maybe they are speeding them up a bit), but you get this weird thing where we watch the ball fly out of the QB's hands and into the arm of a swatting defender...then we see it bounce off his arm and roll onto the ground for 3-5 seconds. I'm sorry, but that's just not how replays work for real NFL games--unless of course the announcer is making a specific point about how well a defender put his arm up at the exact moment to block the pass. And even then, you don't get this super honed in lock on just the football for the whole replay.

There's a lot of stuff that looks great for the presentation, don't get me wrong, but the omissions or choices they've taken, in some situations, can be significantly built upon and improved.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 07-08-2014 at 12:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »