Home

Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Considering they eliminated QB scrambles from non athletic QBs this year, I thought this was a nice addition. Like Rex said its like what Bama did to Manziel. It's real technique not gimmicky.
Nah I don't believe it's a gimmick, but I think we need to see it field tested in action to really see how it works.

I just feel like it's so hard to add these realistic elements on top of a game that wasn't built on realism. Seems like they're always going to be fighting against themselves no matter how hard they try until most of this stuff is gutted.

This team inherited a ****ed up house. I guess it's like building things on top of the foundation, while also trying to replace the foundation. A serious challenge.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

BezO true but the stunts don't even work.. Most stunts take WAY to long or the stunts them self don't work..even something as simple as an outside pass rush line "call" both ends take this extreme "turn" insist of rushing up field..completely takes them out of the play causing huge rush lanes..the ends/OLB's normally never get proper outside leverage/outside shoulder to get under the Tackle..however if this did happen there is almost never any true push from the DT..so I guess taking both away is the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
BezO true but the stunts don't even work.. Most stunts take WAY to long or the stunts them self don't work..even something as simple as an outside pass rush line "call" both ends take this extreme "turn" insist of rushing up field..completely takes them out of the play causing huge rush lanes..the ends/OLB's normally never get proper outside leverage/outside shoulder to get under the Tackle..however if this did happen there is almost never any true push from the DT..so I guess taking both away is the answer?

Yeah the stunts are absolutely useless. The DL guys just run into each other, or the OL warps around and picks up the block anyway. And like you said, they take forever.

I'm interested to see how these QB Contain rushes work. I saw plenty of rolling out and throwing in the videos posted in the Video Thread, but maybe those guys weren't making the adjustment. It would be nice if Shopmaster provided video of these things playing out in-game instead of just talking about them.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Yeah the stunts are absolutely useless. The DL guys just run into each other, or the OL warps around and picks up the block anyway. And like you said, they take forever.

I'm interested to see how these QB Contain rushes work. I saw plenty of rolling out and throwing in the videos posted in the Video Thread, but maybe those guys weren't making the adjustment. It would be nice if Shopmaster provided video of these things playing out in-game instead of just talking about them.
Was that in 25 that they were useless or are you seeing that in the videos from 15?

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Was that in 25 that they were useless or are you seeing that in the videos from 15?
They've been useless in every Madden. I haven't paid attention to it in the M15 videos, however. But since the running animations and explosion off the line hasn't been changed for CPU DL, I doubt it's different.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Echoing the "sounds nice but I want to see it" sentiment.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Let's for the sake of this conversation say stunts are at very least somewhat working...it makes no sense to have only certain plays assigned certain stunts..now back to what u ask..watch the line play..most if not all videos posted so far are only linemen rush heads up ie forward..I have yet to see any ends or OLB's set the edge ..the speed of speed rushers doesn't come into effect until they disengage that "first" block..edge rushers don't beat ( that quick first two steps) anyone to the outside shoulder..cause a true pocket to form..I had hope with the "jump button" this would happen but it "appears" this only allows the user who "jumped" the snap the ability to use a pass rush move at better success..think Bruce Irvin his first year..he just "blew" by Tackles to edge to get his sacks..once teams began to "chip" him to slow him down and allow the tackle to get square with him.. His sack totals went to nothing..hence the position change (or at least my belief for position change)..he had no counter, no pass rush moves to help assist his up field speed rush

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think that we are just all to the point where we hear a lot of talk but we want to see it in action. Hopefully at least 80% of the good things they say actually works in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »