Home

Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #17
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Considering they eliminated QB scrambles from non athletic QBs this year, I thought this was a nice addition. Like Rex said its like what Bama did to Manziel. It's real technique not gimmicky.
I like that mush rushes are included in the playbooks. But having to hot route contain assignments is a borderline gimmick & shouldn't be necessary. Contain assignments should be built into the scheme. All these band-aids are piling up and still not getting to the root of the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
BezO true but the stunts don't even work.. Most stunts take WAY to long or the stunts them self don't work..even something as simple as an outside pass rush line "call" both ends take this extreme "turn" insist of rushing up field..completely takes them out of the play causing huge rush lanes..the ends/OLB's normally never get proper outside leverage/outside shoulder to get under the Tackle..however if this did happen there is almost never any true push from the DT..so I guess taking both away is the answer?
Yup! The stunts are just aimless loops. They don't even try to accomplish what a stunt is meant to do... occupy a blocker & beat the adjustment.

Basically, player interaction is not close to where it needs to be. So there are all these features & band-aids to balance the game & compensate for what's missiing.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #18
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I like that mush rushes are included in the playbooks. But having to hot route contain assignments is a borderline gimmick & shouldn't be necessary. Contain assignments should be built into the scheme. All these band-aids are piling up and still not getting to the root of the problems.

Yup! The stunts are just aimless loops. They don't even try to accomplish what a stunt is meant to do... occupy a blocker & beat the adjustment.

Basically, player interaction is not close to where it needs to be. So there are all these features & band-aids to balance the game & compensate for what's missiing.

Yes to even take it a step further..basic "rush-left right" in general are wrong..even for basic gameplay/high school play..when the line rushes say strong side..that weak side end in game still crashes inside..his rush lane in basic treats should at least in very very minor terms take heads up approach to avoid a huge cut back gap..the minor line adjustments are to extreme..and as stated it doesn't even matter as OLinemen just warp to current d-linemen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Was that in 25 that they were useless or are you seeing that in the videos from 15?
I don't recall seeing any stunts, but since I imagine the blocking is still tied to the defensive call, I don't see how stunts could work. Like Jr said, a blocker is always waiting for the looping lineman, and the d-lineman just lays into him. Stunts are cosmetic, and don't even LOOK good.

What I did see in a '15 vid was a TE on a FG, "pulling" to get a rusher on the opposite side, so it looks to be status quo.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

What about O/D line interactions with all the improvements these past two years? They added a lot of moves for d lineman, I think Rex said every pass rush move in the nfl is in madden 15.

I believe pull blocks received a lot of attention too.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #21
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
What about O/D line interactions with all the improvements these past two years? They added a lot of moves for d lineman, I think Rex said every pass rush move in the nfl is in madden 15.

JP even if all rush moves are added..doesn't stop the fact the line play in basic terms is flawed..stunts is HUGE..basic rush lanes is huge..not giving speed rushers their natural ability to just beat someone to the outside then inside using speed is huge..as far as pulling blocks..not when strong side TE has eyes in back of his head to know weak side Tackle was beat..ie warped into position...also there again is no push from the inside our outside..you never see a d-linemen get lower and leverage on O-line and drive them back..

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 07-08-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:

Not cutting it. All the interaction is stationary... patty cake until someone wins. It seems the exception is that the user can steer blockers, but that's not enough.

Watch some Youtube clips. Look at all the engaged players flow towards outside runs. Despite being engaged, defenders can still do their job... maintain outside leverage, contain, fill gaps, etc.

I won't go list all the areas that are affected. Point is that one of the biggest problems on defense, regarding animations & AI, is that engaged players have no mobility. It kills the spacing & timing of the game. Too easy to run outside. Too easy to scramble outside. Too easy to step into the pocket (if you needed to). Everything is based on disengaging. Even the defensive moves, you have to engage 1st, when a pass rusher's goal is to NOT engage.

Because all of this is missing, they have to balance the game with band-aids. It has to be easier to disengage because you can't do your job unless you do. We have to hot route contain assignments. Because DBs can't ride gunners, punt returns are nerfed. So on & so on.

There are missing fundamentals of football that only a few here talk about. They are not being addressed. So where you see the game improving, I see the foundation of the problems being ignored.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #23
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

BezO I can't thank that above enough..what is completely basic flaw is what u exactly said.. Way on earth do I have to engage the linemen to beat the linemen.. It's weird in football..attacking defender attacks..they make the first move so to speak (at least on basic terms on passing plays) however it's flip flopped..what makes a great pass rusher is when is first move is stopped he counters..but in this game it almost starts at the counter..great pass blocking linemen are judged by their ability to make men in front of them and be reactive..and great or even good pass rushers are proactive

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 07-08-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon4 Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Here's the part I read about pull blocks. I know Clint is working very hard for us.

New offensive blocking schemes and AI that further represents blocking in the NFL. Introduction of kick-out blocks on pulling linemen can devastate defenders and open up huge running lanes. Pull blocking in general is overhauled to allow for more realistic defender targeting and appropriate type of block.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »