Home

Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #25
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Here's the part I read about pull blocks. I know Clint is working very hard for us.

New offensive blocking schemes and AI that further represents blocking in the NFL. Introduction of kick-out blocks on pulling linemen can devastate defenders and open up huge running lanes. Pull blocking in general is overhauled to allow for more realistic defender targeting and appropriate type of block.

JP and that appears to be true but only for run blocking and even then it's only better not good..pass blocking in it's current form..not right not close to right..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not cutting it. All the interaction is stationary... patty cake until someone wins. It seems the exception is that the user can steer blockers, but that's not enough.

Watch some Youtube clips. Look at all the engaged players flow towards outside runs. Despite being engaged, defenders can still do their job... maintain outside leverage, contain, fill gaps, etc.

I won't go list all the areas that are affected. Point is that one of the biggest problems on defense, regarding animations & AI, is that engaged players have no mobility. It kills the spacing & timing of the game. Too easy to run outside. Too easy to scramble outside. Too easy to step into the pocket (if you needed to). Everything is based on disengaging. Even the defensive moves, you have to engage 1st, when a pass rusher's goal is to NOT engage.

Because all of this is missing, they have to balance the game with band-aids. It has to be easier to disengage because you can't do your job unless you do. We have to hot route contain assignments. Because DBs can't ride gunners, punt returns are nerfed. So on & so on.

There are missing fundamentals of football that only a few here talk about. They are not being addressed. So where you see the game improving, I see the foundation of the problems being ignored.
I can't comprehend how you would know this stuff and Clint wouldn't address it. I mean he's a former nfl lineman he knows this stuff in his sleep better than anyone here.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #27
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

See this video is what kind of freaks me out. He's talking about how his tester is some guy who plays in the tourney scene and that's the kind of feedback they get. That bothers me man. That's cool and all but are any of these GCs or testers guys who play offline and approach EA from the perspective of someone looking for a rich franchise experience against the CPU?

I mean I'm glad QB contain is finally going to work as it should.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #28
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Here's the part I read about pull blocks. I know Clint is working very hard for us.

New offensive blocking schemes and AI that further represents blocking in the NFL. Introduction of kick-out blocks on pulling linemen can devastate defenders and open up huge running lanes. Pull blocking in general is overhauled to allow for more realistic defender targeting and appropriate type of block.
Will d-linemen "jump in the hip pocket" of pulling linemen? Can interior d-linemen get push? Will LBs read their keys? Does the defense have any of the real life tools to defend pull plays?

Quote:
I can't comprehend how you would know this stuff and Clint wouldn't address it. I mean he's a former nfl lineman he knows this stuff in his sleep better than anyone here.
Unfortunately for us, Clint doesn't code the game. I'll be as optimistic as you when they annouce the hiring of the programming equivelent of Clint.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #29
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
See this video is what kind of freaks me out. He's talking about how his tester is some guy who plays in the tourney scene and that's the kind of feedback they get. That bothers me man. That's cool and all but are any of these GCs or testers guys who play offline and approach EA from the perspective of someone looking for a rich franchise experience against the CPU?

I wonder if this guy is just one of the testers. It does seem like a lot more of the actual foundation needs fixed but, I'm sure they want to spend more time stopping online exploit's since this is probably their most used part of the game. Between online ranked and MUT games I'm sure that's a huge number. Maybe they think sim players already police themselves.

I really think some of these serious online and tourney players want exploit's gone too from what I hear.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #30
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

The fact that they are still attacking problems in strict regard to balancing & cheesing lets me know we have some years to go.

When they hire LBzRule and allow him to impact the game enough to mention his name in that way, I'll be impressed.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Icon14 Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Will d-linemen "jump in the hip pocket" of pulling linemen? Can interior d-linemen get push? Will LBs read their keys? Does the defense have any of the real life tools to defend pull plays?

Unfortunately for us, Clint doesn't code the game. I'll be as optimistic as you when they annouce the hiring of the programming equivelent of Clint.
Could you post some videos of this stuff in action from real life footage? I'm not this football smart lol

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z!!!

Sorry couldn't help myself

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »