Home

Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Could you post some videos of this stuff in action from real life footage? I'm not this football smart lol
Hard to find as all the defensive highlights on Youtube are picks, saks & big hits. Here are ATTEMPTS on successful offensive plays:

At 4:58 the LB reads the pull & out block & shoots the gap.
At 9:30 a d-linemen tries to trail the pulling lineman but gets cut.

Edit: A better attempt @ 5:21
#91 getting in the hip pocket of the backside pulling guard
Playside d-linemen getting push & killing the kickout/trap attempt
MLB reads it, shoots the gap, but understandably misses McCoy.

Here's a description of "getting in hip pocket":

https://www.xandolabs.com/defensivel...techstud3.html
In the O-Scheme Block Destruction section. Do a find search for "hip pocket"

Last edited by BezO; 07-08-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #34
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

The trench battle is a game within the game and right now the strategy there is improving - kudos to Rex team.

I am starting to believe that his team holds some hint of understanding the *game within the game strategy in mind and hopefully they strive to augment the serve and volley interactions that take place here as well as in other areas of the Sport of Football.

*I like that Rex acknowledged we did not have a sufficient counter for containing scrambling QBs.

This contain concept + QB inaccuracies should, hopefully, lend some balanced leverage to the D.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #35
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
*I like that Rex acknowledged we did not have a sufficient counter for containing scrambling QBs.
I'd like it a lot more had he acknowledge that they didn't have the interaction animations or AI to contain anyone, and while they work on it, here's something to help balance things.

It's not mush rushes that keep these QBs in check. It's disciplined pass rushing. I haven't seen extensive use of the mush rush since Vick's hayday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'd like it a lot more had he acknowledge that they didn't have the interaction animations or AI to contain anyone, and while they work on it, here's something to help balance things.

It's not mush rushes that keep these QBs in check. It's disciplined pass rushing. I haven't seen extensive use of the mush rush since Vick's hayday.
I understand the premise you are introducing here albeit I will ask this: do you want to see everyone have 100 discipline in this area or gray it out? The pros do fail too. The Read Option had its lay in the hay due to lack of discipline from defenders.

I will always be one to vouch for more varied animations especially the fail animations that are so often overlooked as adding value to the overall sequence of layered interactions.

I am not going to slight the man for what more or less he did not say and smite him for his particular word choices in speech - he is progressing the game towards a more sim culture w what he has got to cover his *** gameplay wise and I can appreciate that at this time.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #37
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
I haven't seen extensive use of the mush rush since Vick's hayday.
Subjectively, this present Madden era speaks volumes to this point: it is prevalently easy for even non-scramblig QBs to rollout to the sideline and sit their idle for a receiver to come open - even if you flare command your dline to rush wide or spread them and contain command them to collapse the tackles.

Having to set a QB contain for even non-scrambling QB types who immediately beeline to the sideline is a problem he is fessing up to - a crisis he did not create but is working to cool those coals.

While most QBs like Brees don't even have the legs Vick had and as a result don't partake in the full fruit basket like he did by virtue of this very limitation: they still have free reign to the sideline almost without fail every snap void of a contain.

Is there a greater underlying problem? I appreciate that he is addressing the QB Contain mechanic head-on.

In my view, this mush rush is a viable engage:disengage mechanic for the CPU, similar to what the user will be able to use manually.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I like that mush rushes are included in the playbooks. But having to hot route contain assignments is a borderline gimmick & shouldn't be necessary. Contain assignments should be built into the scheme. All these band-aids are piling up and still not getting to the root of the problems.

Yup! The stunts are just aimless loops. They don't even try to accomplish what a stunt is meant to do... occupy a blocker & beat the adjustment.

Basically, player interaction is not close to where it needs to be. So there are all these features & band-aids to balance the game & compensate for what's missiing.
Shopmaster said you can add a DE Contain Rush to any defense.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #39
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Subjectively, this present Madden era speaks volumes to this point: it is prevalently easy for even non-scramblig QBs to rollout to the sideline and sit their idle for a receiver to come open - even if you flare command your dline to rush wide or spread them and contain command them to collapse the tackles.

Having to set a QB contain for even non-scrambling QB types who immediately beeline to the sideline is a problem he is fessing up to - a crisis he did not create but is working to cool those coals.

While most QBs like Brees don't even have the legs Vick had and as a result don't partake in the full fruit basket like he did by virtue of this very limitation: they still have free reign to the sideline almost without fail every snap void of a contain.

Is there a greater underlying problem? I appreciate that he is addressing the QB Contain mechanic head-on.

In my view, this mush rush is a viable engage:disengage mechanic for the CPU, similar to what the user will be able to use manually.

Hanz I am normally 110% behind everything u say..however this time only 50% lol..here is why I say that.. he is admitting to the issue which u clearly pointed out..but insist of fixing the main issue.."pass rush in it self" u have to bandaid it (kind of like if a windshield wiper brakes and insist of fixing it u just bend it back so it doesn't touch the glass) I understand the contain rush is something nice to have now or work better now..but fix how the linemen play..there is no speed to the rush itself..also adding true rush mechanics, speed to the rush, true stunts, rush lanes, and true OL player movement would eliminate the problem except when u have a guy like Vick or etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 07-08-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #40
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Shopmaster said you can add a DE Contain Rush to any defense.
Contain assignments are already built into the schemes in M25 albeit they do not play out that way but by the looks of things: in M15 the mush rush will now animate for those said schemes that have *contain assignments by default.

If you look at the play art for the cover 2 zone QB contain in Shop's vid: you will see two DTs fire and the two end's come in on angled routes so as to collapse on the edge - this edge assignment will now be animated as a mush rush when a QB contain play is selected.

Adding customizable blitzes to these mush rush contains will be interesting and add to it the user control to call your own dynamic mush rush contain from within any scheme and we get what they were spelling out in respect to more user control on D.

On a sidenote, I saw a vid from Cullenburger that revealed the tackle cone on a KR and the return man was able to elude the defender because the defender committed to his aggressive tackle while the return man was outside of his cone - this led to a whiff animation.

I am looking forward to a feature on the tackle cone because it seems heat-seeker is toned down or removed totally which I would appreciate as it will alleviate the prevelance of warp tackles and the spamming of dive tackles.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »