Home

How do you stop the run?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the run? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
How do you stop the run?

Im not a good madden player by any means but anything above pro i cannot stop the run for the life of me and whenever i pass i constantly get it picked off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do you stop the run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Im not a good madden player by any means but anything above pro i cannot stop the run for the life of me and whenever i pass i constantly get it picked off

Try 3-4 Solid Formation. Cover 3 Buzz play.

Put the LB that is all the way to the right in a flat zone look. He is blitzing by default but you want to put him in a flat zone.

Pull him to the outside a little bit.

Then switch from him and control one of the safeties (or the only safety).

Hold R2 until the play starts.

If its a run, your defender will go after the running back.

If its a pass, your defender will stay put.

Beware tho, if they run a draw play...your defender will stay put bc he doesnt know whats happening.

Thank me later.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

thanks ill give it a try when i get on later
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
Try 3-4 Solid Formation. Cover 3 Buzz play.

Put the LB that is all the way to the right in a flat zone look. He is blitzing by default but you want to put him in a flat zone.

Pull him to the outside a little bit.

Then switch from him and control one of the safeties (or the only safety).

Hold R2 until the play starts.

If its a run, your defender will go after the running back.

If its a pass, your defender will stay put.

Beware tho, if they run a draw play...your defender will stay put bc he doesnt know whats happening.

Thank me later.
what does holding R2 do?
Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey guys,

I know this has been a topic but I searched 15 pages of posts and haven't found what was I looking for but this topic is close which is why I choose this thread.

I have been playing a lot of madden 25 getting ready for 15 to come out emphasing on def. I use the 4-3 def playbook and mainly use the 4-4,4-3 over plus, and 3-3-5 formations. I starting to get back into the grove of things recently beat the canton greats on all madden with the rams. However, I play on ps3 still but plan on buying am xb1 when madden 15 drops.

I have heard that the play style of last gen does not carry over well to current gen. Idk if it's being blown out of proportion or if it's a big change can anyone tell me they're take who actually have both? Also which def schemes do you use on xb1 and ps4 and how do you feel about the way they defend against the pass and run?

Thanks for responses!
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgar05
Hey guys,

I know this has been a topic but I searched 15 pages of posts and haven't found what was I looking for but this topic is close which is why I choose this thread.

I have been playing a lot of madden 25 getting ready for 15 to come out emphasing on def. I use the 4-3 def playbook and mainly use the 4-4,4-3 over plus, and 3-3-5 formations. I starting to get back into the grove of things recently beat the canton greats on all madden with the rams. However, I play on ps3 still but plan on buying am xb1 when madden 15 drops.

I have heard that the play style of last gen does not carry over well to current gen. Idk if it's being blown out of proportion or if it's a big change can anyone tell me they're take who actually have both? Also which def schemes do you use on xb1 and ps4 and how do you feel about the way they defend against the pass and run?

Thanks for responses!
1st thing u will notice is the true step running style, when ur playing on last gen u could make all kinds of cuts but on next gen u have to plant and cut.It'll take some time to get used to it but its still a work in progress. Hopefully they fix the gameplay for madden 15.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
Rookie

William85's Arena

OVR: 0

Absoutley spot on. The player movement in New Gen is more deliberate. It shouldn't take you long to figure it out .
Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1

So basically the complaints I'm hearing that the def from last gen doesn't translate to current isn't exactly true it's more likely that players who are used to controlling a safety and being able to ball hawk the entire middle of the field with out regard to realistic movement is where there becomes a huge gap? Does the run free tech make the CPU defenders pursue differently as in if your the safety in a 4-4 per say and your opponent runs a toss the backers (CPU) will have trouble getting outside if they're not in good cutting positions?
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »