Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #137
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
What does top 5 in December really mean either? Those are black Friday deals and gift sales. First week sales tell the better story. Are people willing to pay 59.99 for the title? Was it a highly anticipated release? EA just like every other developer is quick to point out strong madden opening weeks like madden 13.

It's like the movies. Opening weekend is what matters even it holiday DVD sales make studios good revenue.
Uh no. Its not like the movies. Madden's cost typically drops around the holidays....a good 3 mos after release. Thats 3 mos of sales at the $59 price. Also, that figure doesn't account for the large number of people who decided to wait until next gen.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #138
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,253
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
What does top 5 in December really mean either? Those are black Friday deals and gift sales. First week sales tell the better story. Are people willing to pay 59.99 for the title? Was it a highly anticipated release? EA just like every other developer is quick to point out strong madden opening weeks like madden 13.

It's like the movies. Opening weekend is what matters even it holiday DVD sales make studios good revenue.
Black Friday and Christmas is a huge time of year for the video game industry. I'm not going to say you're wrong big picture because you are not - the general rule is that video games are going to sell the majority of the copies they will ever move within the first month of their release - but charting during the holiday season shouldn't be outright dismissed either. There's a reason that so many publishers target the holiday window with their releases.

None of these sales figures people are throwing around include Ultimate Team revenue, which last I saw grew 90% year-over-year (I think that's what I read? It was nearly double).

I'm also really not sure why sales figures keep coming up, not just in this thread but in this forum in general. Why do we care so much about how EA is doing as a company? How does this contribute to the discussion of playing Madden NFL the video game? I'm speaking here as a poster and not a moderator, to be clear; I legitimately want to know why we the Madden community should really care how well the game sells.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #139
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
That's still a 20% drop. The was also an offer to upgrade to newer versions for 10 bucks with trade in. I expect they count those as sales as well which is misleading.

I don't want to go off topic so I'll drop it after this post, but I haven't seen a 20% rise in sales once since exclusivity started.
FYI, That offer was only available for the X1 not the PS4 and that was a retailer offer not a developer deal. That means that the retailers took the majority of the hit from the reduced price.

Anyway, my point is its still the highest selling sports game in the US.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #140
MVP
 
BezO's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

...And I hate that there are just 2 buttons, finesse & power. How do I spin vs swim, rip vs bull rush, etc?
__________________
Shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?
BezO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #141
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Black Friday and Christmas is a huge time of year for the video game industry. I'm not going to say you're wrong big picture because you are not - the general rule is that video games are going to sell the majority of the copies they will ever move within the first month of their release - but charting during the holiday season shouldn't be outright dismissed either. There's a reason that so many publishers target the holiday window with their releases.

None of these sales figures people are throwing around include Ultimate Team revenue, which last I saw grew 90% year-over-year (I think that's what I read? It was nearly double).

I'm also really not sure why sales figures keep coming up, not just in this thread but in this forum in general. Why do we care so much about how EA is doing as a company? How does this contribute to the discussion of playing Madden NFL the video game? I'm speaking here as a poster and not a moderator, to be clear; I legitimately want to know why we the Madden community should really care how well the game sells.

The thought process is that if the sales continue to drop, EA will look at that as a sign that it needs to make significant changes in the game and possible make it more sim. That is ridiculous though.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #142
MVP
 
kjcheezhead's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Black Friday and Christmas is a huge time of year for the video game industry. I'm not going to say you're wrong big picture because you are not - the general rule is that video games are going to sell the majority of the copies they will ever move within the first month of their release - but charting during the holiday season shouldn't be outright dismissed either. There's a reason that so many publishers target the holiday window with their releases.

None of these sales figures people are throwing around include Ultimate Team revenue, which last I saw grew 90% year-over-year (I think that's what I read? It was nearly double).

I'm also really not sure why sales figures keep coming up, not just in this thread but in this forum in general. Why do we care so much about how EA is doing as a company? How does this contribute to the discussion of playing Madden NFL the video game? I'm speaking here as a poster and not a moderator, to be clear; I legitimately want to know why we the Madden community should really care how well the game sells.
Because sales are the best to tell if people are legitimately unhappy with the game. Hardcore madden fans can spend hundreds on MUT. That will keep madden profitable but not tell us how many people are speaking with their wallets.

I care because I want to know how unpopular exclusivity truly is. I don't care about EAs bottom line in all honesty.
kjcheezhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #143
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
...And I hate that there are just 2 buttons, finesse & power. How do I spin vs swim, rip vs bull rush, etc?
Its contextual.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #144
MVP
 
mestevo's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
...And I hate that there are just 2 buttons, finesse & power. How do I spin vs swim, rip vs bull rush, etc?
For this iteration of it I'll take 1-2 buttons over something like the UFC controls . Really though, things like the transition and prevent-transition controls could work well, but this interaction is so quick at full speed (so quick that I question how useful the 'defender cone' is. I wonder how all of this looks in slower game speeds actually.

Longer term, hope to see it evolve into things like the CPU starting to double team successful defenders, offensive line controls to mitigate the new defensive abilities, etc.

As you or someone else said, actually more excited for stuff like steering the OL to set edges and stuff.
mestevo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Top -