Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #161
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I am like you in this regard. I know that there are people who want to have total control of their players though, I wonder if EA can provide options for this at some point, like a "normal control scheme" vs "advanced control scheme" or something like that.
The RT Analog Stick is the advanced control; the face buttons are the conservative controls.

I am venturing to guess that the RT stick will still have play in the pass rush much like it will in the tackle game in combination with the new face button controls for agressove vs conservative tackles.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #162
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
That's not necessarily true. Decreasing sales ( eventually ) means less micro transactions. Increased sales mean more money from sales and more micro transactions. Madden used to sell 8-9 million copies a year. Now they're selling 4-5 million copies a year. Two years from now, maybe they're topping out between 3-4 million. Eventually, MUT won't be able to make up for that, and since MUT brings in so much revenue, that also may light a fire under EA's butt. More sales equals more potential microtransactions.
While I support your premise: sales = consumption; more sales does not neccessarily reveal what the product is used for.

If for some reason there is some free to play mode that has no microtransaction offers on the table but creates a buzz: sales may increase out of interest for that mode: CFM or Team Play are examples while MUT revenue still remain the same or even goes down.

Sales represent initial interest and anythig thereafter is speculation on how the consumer spends their time and money on the game.

In respect to MUT, their revenue lines will eventually level, if they have not already, and may even plummet: that would be more devestating than declining sales.

FWIW, I believe MUT's inception was M12 - it is going into its 4th season and I know as a member of that community that MUT gamers are becoming more and more abhorrent towards Madden's slanted microtransaction schemes.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #163
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

This looks good. It's gonna be fun controlling Aldon Smith.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I liked the video and think this is an improvement over what has been there but two questions.

2) At what point will Player Sense be fleshed out enough so blockers show awareness of being beat? Maybe it's because there aren't any good "beat" animations for blockers but the fact that as soon as a blocker is beat, they just instantly keep looking ahead/heading forward, with no awareness of a defender just got by them, really stands out, in a bad way.
from the videos it looks like the oline will continue to looks ahead once theyre beaten rather than make a second effort. its been this way for ever with madden and truly hurts the realism of trench battles
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 07-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #165
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't think that anyone was saying that increased sales are directly proportional to increased MUT transactions. I don't see how it can reasonably be argued that the more copies of Madden in consumer hands, equals more potential for microtransactions, however.

This is the very reason that Google gives their OS away. They want it and its embedded advertising platform in as many hands as possible.

So if, and I say if, I'm not saying for sure anyone asserted this though it seemed like it might have been implied, but if someone thinks that EA/Tiburon is somewhat ok with sales slipping as long as MUT makes up the difference, then they could not be more wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #166
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Im done w the sales talk: its either right or left and up to EA to field.

About that pocket fire: imagine the user gettig in their in 2s or less and multiply that jump start outcome by 3,4,5,6 because that is the potenial it holds if the CPU used this same mehanic and we called engage eights.

I see folks already moaning and groaning about the effect of one and am left to wonder the outcome when the spoil want that coutcome of one to the power of 4,5,6?

I understand the need for tackles to flank and entrench but we do not see this perfect discipline play out on every play in the pros either but we do see it sometimes in Madden.

Likewise, players fatigue and some just plain lack motivation to go hard on every down and get that *** in motion and get those feet shuffelled and hips swiveling so when they are beat: they are beat - no 2nd effort given.

If only every coach could get the perfect discipline out of all 22 starters but yet it seems that is what we clamor for: the same stars and moon that the marketers point to and we know they will not deliver on those aims.

There are many miniaturized gains we can look forward to before a full out, full fledged, The Art of Football Fundamentals, football video game is delivered to us.

It really tickles my tentacles that sometimes we put so much onus on Madden to develop a videgame that plays so unrealistically real that the players animate and perform more perfectly disciplined than the pros themselves do.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-10-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

It really tickles my tentacles that sometimes we put so much onus on Madden to develop a videogame that plays so unrealistically real that the players animate and perform more perfectly disciplined than the pros themselves do.

I think most people are looking at this slightly different, though I could be wrong about that. Personally, I don't want perfection at all - I want imperfections, randomness and unpredictability that is in some way statistically tied to the ratings.

I would love to see players perform crazy moves and great tackles and pancake blocks and diving blocks to save a QB's backside....but I don't want to see them ALL the time.

The thing that makes Madden get stales so fast is the lack of these variable outcomes in the trenches. Its either A- total win for Offense and the Defense is stonewalled or B - total win for the Defense and the Offense falls down or simply does nothing.

The ratings for awareness, stamina and overall should figure into the probability of certain outcomes AND animations by now...a rookie with low awareness should miss blocks more, or be out of position or just get beat more frequently than an All-Pro veteran. An undisciplined doofus like an Alex Barron-type mess (great measurables, HORRIBLE OT though...) should get nailed for illegal motions and holding more frequently...player ratings and abilities are a fraction of the realism that is possible though.

Maybe that's off the wall and too realistic, but that could be adjusted with separate game modes - Freestyle/Arcade and Simulation/Realistic. It will never happen from EA, but it could if they wanted it to...
Old 07-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #168
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
2) At what point will Player Sense be fleshed out enough so blockers show awareness of being beat? Maybe it's because there aren't any good "beat" animations for blockers but the fact that as soon as a blocker is beat, they just instantly keep looking ahead/heading forward, with no awareness of a defender just got by them, really stands out, in a bad way.

To this point. I do like the new moves for/attention on pass rushers and the general direction EA is trying to go in here, but why are these big, strong, 300+ lb Offensive Linemen just being thrown to the ground like little kids half the time when they get beat? It's not realistic and it looks downright silly. Most of the time when the O-Lineman ends up on the ground it's because he gets beat, and then (to Big FN Deal's point), he realizes it and tries to make a last gasp reach/attempt to trip/hold/do anything to keep the pass rusher from killing the QB. I don't see anything like that at all in any of those Madden videos, as all the O-Linemen do when they get beat is helplessly stumble foreword like a drunk, or just get flat tossed to the ground like a rag-doll. Neither of which looks the least bit realistic.

Again, I like that we (finally) got some attention focused on beefing up the pass rush, but EA really needs to flesh this out some more and add more realistic animations to BOTH sides of the ball (e.g. OL and DL/pass rusher) before we get things looking and feeling more fluid and realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »