Home

Downloadable Draft Classes in Madden 15?

This is a discussion on Downloadable Draft Classes in Madden 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #25
Banned

alichu's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Downloadable Draft Classes in Madden 15?

On Madden 25 we released a draft class for people to use in their CCM...
What we did was take the top 30 prospects and create them then we added them to the free agent list... So during pre season each CPU team would sign a player based on their needs..

We made them both for the XBOX one and PS4...
It was one of the top rated downloads and we will be doing it again this year.

thats the closes we can get to a real life draft class
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #26
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu
What we did was take the top 30 prospects and create them then we added them to the free agent list... So during pre season each CPU team would sign a player based on their needs..

Why only 30 if there are 32 teams? And how do you guarantee each CPU team only signs one player?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #27
Banned

alichu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Why only 30 if there are 32 teams? And how do you guarantee each CPU team only signs one player?
We just did the top 30 2014 prospects... then later added 10 more for the top all around prospects...

When you put them in as free agents and start your CCM each week during the preseason the CPU teams will sign a player during the 4 weeks..

We kept the ratings as realistic as possible so there weren't a lot of players in the 90's and 80's Overall mostly in the 70's and high 60's....

so you still had to build them up
Old 08-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu

For the Madden 15 Lombardi Trophy League (PS4) we're creating 128 draft eligible college players that we're doing a pre draft with and signing them to 4 year deals instead of FA, so hopefully we'll have a fair amount of youth and young skill plays to get 10 seasons in without it being full of trash EA generated players.

All those players will have very low attributes and will take at least 2 seasons to bring them up to a decent skill level to get playing time, that way it guarantees they don't play a year earlier than they should if we could've created the draft class and used it at the end of year 1.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 08-02-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:07 AM   #29
Banned

Baker0120's Arena

Idc if there's parts of the game or CFM that piss me off bc they're not in... Somethings always going to upset ya about the game. It's the new NFL game for that year, your damn right I'm going to buy it regardless lol. People who say they're not buying it bc of one missing feature seriously make me facepalm... and I'm NOTHING but a CFM guy, I don't even play Play Now lol. Have fun playing Madden 25 for another year then lmao.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:36 AM   #30
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't believe that at all. If you can transfer NCAA 14 to 360 madden 25 it should be fine. Sure there weren't as many twitter stories but, it was worth it to draft real players in the online CFM I was I last year. I think they are just being lazy about it. I think they think not many care.
Let's wait till we see what they actually added or changed this year before we call them lazy. They have an entire studio dedicated to nothing but CFM. Right now everyone is basing their opinions off of unsubstantiated rumors and speculations. No one really has a clue what made it into the game and what hasn't.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker0120
Idc if there's parts of the game or CFM that piss me off bc they're not in... Somethings always going to upset ya about the game. It's the new NFL game for that year, your damn right I'm going to buy it regardless lol. People who say they're not buying it bc of one missing feature seriously make me facepalm... and I'm NOTHING but a CFM guy, I don't even play Play Now lol. Have fun playing Madden 25 for another year then lmao.
Good for you I guess. I like rosters to be as real as possible. Before online updates were a thing, I would wait until a week or two into the season, usually playing NCAA until then anyway. Then I'd add all the free agents and make all the trades to make sure they were updated and start my franchise. Then I'd play 6 or 7 years with draft classes from NCAA. I did that from like 04 to 12. It was awesome

It wasn't perfect, but it was way better than playing a professional sports game with made up players. No other sports game does that. Fifa has real 17 year olds that come up. MLB has prospects and downloadable rosters where people put even more prospects. NBA has editable and downloadable draft classes. Don't know about NHL haven't played in a couple years. It just doesn't make sense to not have it.

Say you're the Rams, Jets, or Texans and you got a good young defense, but the QB situation is shaky and you want to upgrade it. Year 2, the main player on your team is already some made up faceless name. That makes me facepalm.

Also, I don't know if this is the case anymore, but it used to be that made up rookies or prospects in NCAA would have messed up ratings. Like all the fast receivers and running backs would have low accelerations and agilitys making me not want to use them. Then there would be "power" rbs with weak stiff arms and break tackles and would be 5'9" 180 lbs with a high overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #32
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

If you've been listening to the Press Row Podcasts and the future of sports games. The micro-transaction community is a big focus for the devs because it generates, literally, HUNDREDS of MILLIONS in revenue each year.

It's a shame, because I feel like a very important part of the sports gaming community is essentially ignored or thrown a very patronizing add-on feature every few years or so. It is very disheartening.

I've considered going out and purchasing a PS2 and buying up a bunch of old sports titles to get my fix. Granted, I wouldn't have DC's then either, but, at least I would have hold-outs, RFA, etc. As it stands now, it seems the devs are focusing on presentation aspects for franchise users. I don't care bout half-time shows or anything like that. I want a deep franchise that allows me to run a team with realistic off-field aspects as part of my experience. That doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »