Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #73
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Thank You very much for making your way over here!!!!

Though many may like this, I have absolutely no interest in it. But I am very curious as to what the CFM core improvements are. I am very interested in realistic depth in a franchise mode.

Again, thanks for stopping in.
Bucky we will all find out on AUG 26th
Old 07-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

From both a creative and business point of view, the people at EA would be insane to even try to improve the game too drastically year over year. Even the idea of bringing to market a wildly better game on PS4/XB1 than PS3/XB360 is pie-in-the-sky dreaming until the installed base of consoles is more equitable...as long as there are still 10X more consoles of the LAST gen in the market, nothing for the "new" consoles is going to be allowed that can't be mimicked or mocked on the old technology....that economics more than anything else. The company is going to protect its assets, vigorously...and sad to say, making a great simulation game is not in their basic interests and never will be either.

We get exactly what you should expect from a monopoly - just enough "changes / improvements" to be slightly different and to be able to truthfully say that the game is not 100% the same - even if these so-called improvements prove to be utterly subtle and non-game changing in any meaningful way. The fact is that for many people who have been hardcore players for years, we'll NEVER see a switch that would be "enough" change to make this observation go away.

Gauntlet is a good example.

Its essentially not really "new"...its a rehash of older ideas that have been in various Madden releases since 2007. The skills trainer? The virtual Madden IQ? Practice mode with a real outdoor field (instead of that hideous airplane hangar in M25)? Hell go all the way back to Madden NFL 2003/2004 with the Training Camp drills. Gauntlet is nothing more than the latest attempt to "add" a "feature" without really having to do too much thinking.

Why would EA management even consider doing more than the bare minimum?

It costs money to do so - through time and investing in head count and project teams and deadlines. MUT is the money tree and everyone knows it. EA can try to deny that until they are blue in the face, but I believe whole-heartedly that the next time we'll see real change come to the game will be when MUT tanks or levels off severely and revenues decrease to a level that scares the suits. At that point (and not one day sooner), we will see a magical transformation of the Madden franchise that will finally resolve the "not this year" / "still trying to get that in" / "we're working on that for next year" litany of legacy issues.

The real solution is not to keep begging EA to change things for us...its to get them to allow us the tools to fix it ourselves. We are not the majority of the market (those who visit this forum or post about simulation or worry about the realistic representation of football in videogames). We are a distinct minority and as such we can't impact EA sales enough to make them change directions. Our best bet for a football sim is to have a PC version of Madden released and then have the equivalent of a Map Creator functionality that would allow the community to address the issues that EA will not or can not.

That is less likely to happen than winning the lottery though...
Old 07-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #75
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
From both a creative and business point of view, the people at EA would be insane to even try to improve the game too drastically year over year. Even the idea of bringing to market a wildly better game on PS4/XB1 than PS3/XB360 is pie-in-the-sky dreaming until the installed base of consoles is more equitable...as long as there are still 10X more consoles of the LAST gen in the market, nothing for the "new" consoles is going to be allowed that can't be mimicked or mocked on the old technology....that economics more than anything else. The company is going to protect its assets, vigorously...and sad to say, making a great simulation game is not in their basic interests and never will be either.

We get exactly what you should expect from a monopoly - just enough "changes / improvements" to be slightly different and to be able to truthfully say that the game is not 100% the same - even if these so-called improvements prove to be utterly subtle and non-game changing in any meaningful way. The fact is that for many people who have been hardcore players for years, we'll NEVER see a switch that would be "enough" change to make this observation go away.

Gauntlet is a good example.

Its essentially not really "new"...its a rehash of older ideas that have been in various Madden releases since 2007. The skills trainer? The virtual Madden IQ? Practice mode with a real outdoor field (instead of that hideous airplane hangar in M25)? Hell go all the way back to Madden NFL 2003/2004 with the Training Camp drills. Gauntlet is nothing more than the latest attempt to "add" a "feature" without really having to do too much thinking.

Why would EA management even consider doing more than the bare minimum?

It costs money to do so - through time and investing in head count and project teams and deadlines. MUT is the money tree and everyone knows it. EA can try to deny that until they are blue in the face, but I believe whole-heartedly that the next time we'll see real change come to the game will be when MUT tanks or levels off severely and revenues decrease to a level that scares the suits. At that point (and not one day sooner), we will see a magical transformation of the Madden franchise that will finally resolve the "not this year" / "still trying to get that in" / "we're working on that for next year" litany of legacy issues.

The real solution is not to keep begging EA to change things for us...its to get them to allow us the tools to fix it ourselves. We are not the majority of the market (those who visit this forum or post about simulation or worry about the realistic representation of football in videogames). We are a distinct minority and as such we can't impact EA sales enough to make them change directions. Our best bet for a football sim is to have a PC version of Madden released and then have the equivalent of a Map Creator functionality that would allow the community to address the issues that EA will not or can not.

That is less likely to happen than winning the lottery though...
AMEN my Madden Brother
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #76
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

What does the NFL exclusivity arrangement have to do with discussion of The Gauntlet or the skills trainer at all?

I'm nipping this one in the bud; let's get back on topic. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #77
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I notice they have Drew Brees as the sack dummy instead of an actual sack dummy - another small detail that can be a buzzkill.

I wish this got fleshed out more in the form of more practice apparel and pracrice equipment.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it me or has the graphical enhancements decreased in the most recent vids?The game is starting to look more and more like Madden 25 visuals and player models.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #79
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Thank You very much for making your way over here!!!!

Though many may like this, I have absolutely no interest in it. But I am very curious as to what the CFM core improvements are. I am very interested in realistic depth in a franchise mode.

Again, thanks for stopping in.
I know you guys are interested in CFM. The Gauntlet has nothing to do with CFM, so I wouldn't worry about it. You don't have to play it, but I would suggest at least giving it a try.

With that said, I respect you guys opinion, and welcome your feedback once you've played the game. We'll have more news on CFM and stuff soon.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #80
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, if that narrator is the in-game voice-over for the mode then I won't be pleased lol.

I want to believe that they'll have Trey Wingo record some explanation voice-overs like they've done for the past two years, but I obviously have nothing to base that on beyond what's been included in the Skills Trainer of Madden 25 and the in-game help videos for Madden 13.
That is cam newtons voice and it's in the game according to shop masters breakdown video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »