Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #49
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
The video narrator they chose is the epitome of what's wrong with Tiburon and Madden. Who is this targeting, 12 year olds? This direction carries over into what they choose to prioritize in game.

"Sorry, no realistic player momentum, we think people won't understand that."

"Sorry, no updates to franchise mode, we think people don't care about in depth roster management."

"Hey guys look how awesome our grass is! BOSS MODE"
Old 07-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, totally agree here, I'm seeing the same type of comments when virtual trainer was introduced five years ago.
And virtual trainer has already been scrapped. Do the RB's still have precision modifier moves? Or was that scrapped too? I think this would be cool but they should intergrate it into the Franchise. Have this be part of the offseason. Maybe put your new draft picks through drills or something. Instead of this arcade thing with an annoying voice.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #51
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0

Not sure if I am correct but it seemed as if the practise field they were playing in was always the same just with a different team banner or logo on the building around the field, no matter which team you choose. Would of liked to see different fields depending on what team you choose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
And virtual trainer has already been scrapped. Do the RB's still have precision modifier moves? Or was that scrapped too? I think this would be cool but they should intergrate it into the Franchise. Have this be part of the offseason. Maybe put your new draft picks through drills or something. Instead of this arcade thing with an annoying voice.
And if something wasn't used often, it should be scrapped, that's marketing for you. New and improved.

I just put this quote in the Polygon thread, but maybe it should go here, too.

"As Cam and I crafted this vision to take the game toward 'more realistic and more authentic,' what we realized is, if we don't teach people how football works, they're never going to understand this game," Dickson continued. "That's really why the Skills Trainer mode was developed, is because I basically pitched that we need a tutorial system if we're going to keep going in a realistic, authentic direction."
Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 5
Why do they waste time with stuff like this when core gameplay needs so much work?
Old 07-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #54
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
And if something wasn't used often, it should be scrapped, that's marketing for you. New and improved.

I just put this quote in the Polygon thread, but maybe it should go here, too.

"As Cam and I crafted this vision to take the game toward 'more realistic and more authentic,' what we realized is, if we don't teach people how football works, they're never going to understand this game," Dickson continued. "That's really why the Skills Trainer mode was developed, is because I basically pitched that we need a tutorial system if we're going to keep going in a realistic, authentic direction."
That quote is quite funny

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #55
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Everyone needs more details and a timeframe.

Clint just tweeted this week franchise info will be delivered in the next two weeks.

Not gloom and doom, yet. lol
I am happy about the game play improvements on the defensive side as long as it is not over powered. Everything looks timing based which is not good, when all it takes is a bit of practice and you're dominating and getting 30 sacks in a season. To me that's not fun. While I appreciate the presentation improvements, if you play the game long enough it gets stale whether you like it or not. If they don't blow my socks off with franchise mode news I am not buying the game this year. I play franchise 110% nothing else, no MUT, no crappy skills trainer, no play now, and for my 60 dollars which for me is a lot I need to get my money's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #56
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs down. Just stop it EA. Everything from the voice to some of the tackling on there was horrible.

sidenote: SMH I'm playing Madden 25 the other day and intercept a throw from Russel Wilson with Trent Cole. I'm running it back down the sideline towards Russel and he does a hit stick tackle on me and I fumble. I almost threw my controller at the TV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »