Home

Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 11-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Ok, first off I do like Madden 25 next gen. The game plays better and more realistic to me. It just felt better. That said it is a port of the current gen game. There is no denying that fact. When the default roster is the same outdated roster that shipped with the game at the end of August then you clearly see it was mainly a port with some shiny polish and some gameplay improvements.

But instead of being negative or bashing a game I do like I thought I'd share my thoughts on what Madden needs to do for Madden 15 next-gen. You can call this a wishlist if you wish, but I feel this is more true needs than a wishlist.

***Now fair warning for some of you, this is not a list of gameplay improvements. I'll most likely do something on those later but this is stuff I feel needs to be improved to the game to make it feel Next-Gen. Please don't follow up this with "all that doesn't matter because the gameplay sucks." There are gameplay issues that need to be addressed and yes gameplay is most important. That just isn't what this thread is about.

1. Completely redo the player models - The player models I think really hurt this being having a true next gen feel. The look extremely dated in comparison. No tattoos for players like Colin Kaepernick really hurts in the new next-gen era. When you compare how NBA 2K14 looks to this it really shows a redesign is needed. Also, a player like Aaron Rodgers shouldn't have the same body type as Big Ben. Yes they are both quarterbacks but their body types are completely different. And since you're redoing everything, it is high past time for the dead eyes of all their player models to go away. Ask the FIFA team for help since their models look great but EA needs to be shooting for something like what we got with NBA 2K14. When I'm playing with Kaepernick, I should be able to tell he's Kaepernick.

2. Presentation overhaul The presentation is beyond stale. I gave current gen a pass on this year's presentation because I believed they would have something special in next gen. I was wrong and I know we are all tired of the Gatoraid bottle cut scene we see over and over again. Somethings are improved and headed in the right direction, but I do think they just need to revamp everything. NBA 2K14 makes me feel like I'm watching a game but Madden just keeps reminding me I'm playing a game. And please do this without losing things you have added this year. Things like the crowds coming alive needs to be improved with these changes, not dropped like we've seen a track record of EA doing in the past.

3. Include editing roster classes into EA share To me this is beyond stupid they didn't do this already. Even with import draft class for current gen I felt this should have been a part of EA share. Heck, let us get real creative and give us the ability to create branching storylines for these draft classes. (wishful thinking I know) and we'll really have fun. With the death of a College Football season this is a simple fix and one we are all wishing for. Please make this happen. There are plenty of roster editors that would love to great draft classes. Not to mention that again, we can't import since there will NEVER be a next-gen NCAA game.

4. Redo Commentary….AGAIN EA has never seem to dial commentary in Madden. The early NCAA game had good commentary. FIFA usually has great commentary. EA can deliver here but just hasn't. I feel the team they have now could finally get them there if they just enhance their lines and few things. It is another area that shouldn't be left so far behind when you hear how great others are doing in this department. I mean NBA 2K14 added player voices and interviews this year. I'm not asking for that but it is just an example of how much others are stepping up their game in this department. We expect more from out next-gen sports titles than repeated lines game after game.

5. Add more coaches Madden use to have coordinators in the game I had to hire. With the addition of owner mode it is truly shame they aren't there this time. I should have to either convince my OC to return or find someone that is going to mess up the chemistry if he leaves for another job. Also, if my defense is not great, I should be able to replace a DC in the off season. Also, with this being next gen you shouldn't have a problem getting their player models so you could have a cut scene of them in the coaches box or for when one takes a head coaching job. Also, with NCAA done, maybe cut a deal with a few top college coaches so you can them there to hire away from a college in the offseason.

6. Allow me to change my opposition's uniforms It is beyond stupid I can't change their uniform. Further more, NCAA 14 allowed us to change them in you dynasty, why can't Madden make it work? The answer is simply they must have not tried and that is frustrating. With Next-Gen we expect every option to be on the table for us.

I'm sure there are other areas I'll think off but also would like to see some other thoughts here. Remember, stay positive. Not that I think this post is going to be read by EA but I created this more to point out where it is truly missing a Next-Gen feel. I do give them a pass due to the fact I expected a port. I didn't expect some of the gameplay improvements I've liked. Fingers crossed they see what others have done in other sports and actually get motivated.

Last edited by thescoop; 11-16-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

I think continue to improve the crowd. The crowd is better in M25 NG and I think they can keep on adding nuances here and there. I agree with your list, especially the player models. Some are good, some are really bad

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Your list is a good one but unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears. I'm not trolling or trying to be a ea basher but it's obvious they can't or don't want to make madden the game to make people say 2k? They made a football game? The e3 material shown was obviously cg doctored "in game footage". Look at Moody's recent videos showing 2 carry over legacy issues in ng madden. They're idea of this being developed for 2 years probably isn't a lie in their eyes because they did have to develop this for the last 2 years on cg before it could be ported to ng. I guess my point is what is the point of threads like this? They know what we want and it's obvious they are choosing to sit in the corner with their fingers in their ears yelling la la la I can't hear you.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Add tattoos and mouthpieces. Not to compare but look how detailed nba 2k guys are it's insane.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think continue to improve the crowd. The crowd is better in M25 NG and I think they can keep on adding nuances here and there. I agree with your list, especially the player models. Some are good, some are really bad
Yeah. It is just time to start from scratch there. I believe they will. I think they wanted a Madden out at launch and ended up doing a port for this year. My hope is the E3 Trailer we saw is more reflective of Madden 15. And some of the people brought in to help the presentation side gives me some real hope.

Thanks for the feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

The ability to organize your custom Playbook by formation and by play would be nice. The CPB design is beyond pathetic.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman714
Your list is a good one but unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears. I'm not trolling or trying to be a ea basher but it's obvious they can't or don't want to make madden the game to make people say 2k? They made a football game? The e3 material shown was obviously cg doctored "in game footage". Look at Moody's recent videos showing 2 carry over legacy issues in ng madden. They're idea of this being developed for 2 years probably isn't a lie in their eyes because they did have to develop this for the last 2 years on cg before it could be ported to ng. I guess my point is what is the point of threads like this? They know what we want and it's obvious they are choosing to sit in the corner with their fingers in their ears yelling la la la I can't hear you.
First off, you say you don't want to be a troll yet then troll. The point of threads like this is voice our opinions. If it reaches EA, great. If it doesn't, at least I got voice my thoughts with a community I enjoy being a part of. If you don't understand that, then you are being a troll even if your intent isn't to be one.

Also, I believe the EA has been working on this for two years doesn't meant this game, but next gen in general. I do think they should have been more upfront about it and understand why people feel mislead. This was a mere port, as I stated in the beginning.

Lastly, people like you need to understand by saying nothing, there is no chance at a change. I remember it was year ago people complained enough so player edits and fantasy draft to connected Franchises because of the backlash. We have got them listen before. I know if I sat and said nothing about what I want to see or how to improve it then I cannot expect it to change.

Hopefully you didn't take this as me being harsh with you but when I read, "why are you posting a post like this" question I get frustrated. i am more of an overall positive person and would rather address issues and concerns in a constructive manner than the "sky is falling" approach.

Bottom line is simple, if they listen great. We all get a better Madden. If they don't I won't keep buying but I know I voiced my concerns and shared my idea with my OS family. That is why I make posts like these.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Add tattoos and mouthpieces. Not to compare but look how detailed nba 2k guys are it's insane.
You won't see tattoos as long as the license is out there, the NFL won't allow them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »