Home

Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

This is a discussion on Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?
Yes 22 28.95%
No 48 63.16%
Undecided 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #25
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Pay extra for what we should have been already had? No. Sorry.
This.

We have already paid for the game. It should be free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #26
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I understand that people expect, and rightfully so, for Madden to already include such integral aspects of football such as penalties, player weight, playbook creation etc, but unfortunately it doesn't. Therefore, I answered 'Yes' to the question.

Video game football is a big reason for me buying a console in the first place, so I would have no issue parting with more cash for a better product.

I have said before that, due to the NFL license exclusivity, I would like EA to release several versions of Madden each year with a specific focus to each title (Street, Arcade, Online, Simulation etc), which would allow us to enjoy video game football in whichever way we choose. However, I realise that the consumer market maybe isn't big enough and the Madden development team certainly isn't, so I can't imagine that ever happening, especially after Head Coach disappeared.

Maybe DLC would be a good excuse for EA/Madden to charge us more in an industry-standard manner whilst improving the gaming experience?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
I understand that people expect, and rightfully so, for Madden to already include such integral aspects of football such as penalties, player weight, playbook creation etc, but unfortunately it doesn't. Therefore, I answered 'Yes' to the question.

Video game football is a big reason for me buying a console in the first place, so I would have no issue parting with more cash for a better product.

I have said before that, due to the NFL license exclusivity, I would like EA to release several versions of Madden each year with a specific focus to each title (Street, Arcade, Online, Simulation etc), which would allow us to enjoy video game football in whichever way we choose. However, I realise that the consumer market maybe isn't big enough and the Madden development team certainly isn't, so I can't imagine that ever happening, especially after Head Coach disappeared.

Maybe DLC would be a good excuse for EA/Madden to charge us more in an industry-standard manner whilst improving the gaming experience?

what makes u think they will actually be able to get the things that are broke now in madden to work in different versions let alone DLC.... and again different versions means more money to spend on a game that should already have all these FEATURES for the $65.... we pay now no way would I wanna have shell out another $65 if I wanna get itch to play the game online.... so u are willing to spend $130 on madden? no thanks I think $65 is to much.

I mean look at MUT that's ea's money maker and ppl spend money like crazy on it not me haven't spent a dime and it plays same as the regular game. that has DLC since u have buy packs and like I said it plays same.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:00 AM   #28
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It would have to include a route based passing system instead of the tethered one, tiered defensive play calling, all the penalties and a full challenge system.

It wouldn't be dlc at that point it would be EA football 2, not madden.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
A mode where a fee is paid to have access to things like editable draft classes, User access to more influential sliders/options, a more traditional Franchise mode with HC09 level realism, data based ratings system and gameplay programmed as realistic as possible, including penalties, errors, injuries, movement, CPU teammate AI, etc.
All of this should just be in Franchise mode/overall gameplay, not something I have to pay extra for.

So no, I'm not interested in paying extra for it.

If the game can't provide it, I'm just not buying the game. I'm not going to buy the game then buy something else. Just no.

Quote:
I'm just accepting reality and trying to find some angle to get as close to realism I can, given it.

I will accept reality by not buying Madden until it provides what I'm looking for.

If that's never, then so be it. My $60 can go to my investments or some other game I'll enjoy without having to pseudo-mod it to get it to play kinda-maybe-sorta how I wish it did.

Last edited by KBLover; 07-12-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #30
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

This should just be in the game. It's like asking if we should pay 2k to use game sliders. Makes no sense.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Now before I'm "booed off the stage" please hear me out, lol. I'm not just referring to a "sim" setting that comes standard with other sports games but an entire mode potentially worth paying extra for, something to rival MUT. A mode where a fee is paid to have access to things like editable draft classes, User access to more influential sliders/options, a more traditional Franchise mode with HC09 level realism, data based ratings system and gameplay programmed as realistic as possible, including penalties, errors, injuries, movement, CPU teammate AI, etc.

It may seem like I'm referring to something "pie in the sky" and overwhelming but I don't think so. It seems to me that if the potential profit for a mode like this were big enough, it's something that could be accomplished. Again, I'm thinking something along the lines of what they currently do with MUT, a team taking the core Madden game/software and creating a separate mode for more realism minded gamers.

Thoughts?
Sorry bud but this is a terrible idea lol because it really makes no sense because Madden is a sim game...it just so happens to be a game that don't make certain people feel it is a sim game.

The idea of this sim mode being an option for all sports games is also a terrible idea because most sports games already aim to be a sim sports game, all opinions aside.. Just because you personally dont feel it may not be a sim game does mean its not, its just personal opinion of yours, nothing more. I read a ton of hate towards madden in "these" specific forums here at OSF but does that mean these opinions are always correct? Everyone is entitled to have opinions of course but opinions dont mean they are facts. I guess my point is...there are just as many people out there that feel Madden is a sim game as much as those that believe madden is NOT a sim game...get my point? lol no hard feelings of course..i just think this is a silly idea but again, its just my opinion lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #32
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Sorry bud but this is a terrible idea lol because it really makes no sense because Madden is a sim game...it just so happens to be a game that don't make certain people feel it is a sim game.

The idea of this sim mode being an option for all sports games is also a terrible idea because most sports games already aim to be a sim sports game, all opinions aside.. Just because you personally dont feel it may not be a sim game does mean its not, its just personal opinion of yours, nothing more. I read a ton of hate towards madden in "these" specific forums here at OSF but does that mean these opinions are always correct? Everyone is entitled to have opinions of course but opinions dont mean they are facts. I guess my point is...there are just as many people out there that feel Madden is a sim game as much as those that believe madden is NOT a sim game...get my point? lol no hard feelings of course..i just think this is a silly idea but again, its just my opinion lol
Not just to you but to anyone that shares the sentiment of it's a terrible idea "because the game is already sim", [insert Tracy Morgan .gif from KBLovers post]. I'm cool with whoever not liking or wanting what I'm suggesting but the reason I'm even suggesting such a mode is because it doesn't currently exist in Madden, lol.

To the bold, I'm completely lost because I wasn't pioneering a sim setting feature in other sports games, they already exist, lol. You are of course entitled to your opinion of that being a "terrible idea" but games like NBA2k and NHL don't think so, seeing as they actually have them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »