Home

Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

This is a discussion on Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?
Yes 22 28.95%
No 48 63.16%
Undecided 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #33
Rookie
 
jpeters1734's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Wow some of have really drunk up that DLC koolaid. That's just what the industry wanted. Get you in the frame of mind that you would pay extra money to get something that should have been there in the first place. I knew dlc would be the death of a complete game years ago.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
OOTP Baseball 15 Online Teams:
Cooperstown Diamond Legends - Pittsburgh Pirates
Corporate League Baseball - Best Buy Geek Squad
Premier Baseball Dynasty League - Boston Bruins
United States of Baseball - Omaha Nighthawks
jpeters1734 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame
 
KBLover's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Aug 2009
Blog Entries: 14
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734
Wow some of have really drunk up that DLC koolaid. That's just what the industry wanted. Get you in the frame of mind that you would pay extra money to get something that should have been there in the first place. I knew dlc would be the death of a complete game years ago.


And, you know, that might be what I fear most. If EA ever did this, you know it probably would be successful, even judging from some of the posts in the this thread, let alone others out there.

And that would just be positive reinforcement for the idea. So now EA could get $70, $80, maybe $100+ for what should be $60.

That really does making me squeamish to think about. I'm not the biggest lover (or detractor) of DLC, but usually it just adds something extra or significant new content (like an expansion). Just getting what should be the basics for extra money is really a dangerous idea.

The only possible thing like this that wouldn't trigger that desire to lose the contents of my last meal would be a fully complete, stand alone game (like reviving the Head Coach series as a digital PSN download). At least then, they'd have to make a full game - but that won't happen...or else they'd not have killed the HC series to begin with.
__________________
"Some people call it butterflies, but to him, it probably feels like pterodactyls in his stomach." --Plesac in MLB18

Last edited by KBLover; 07-12-2014 at 09:03 PM.
KBLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #35
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,505
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And, you know, that might be what I fear most. If EA ever did this, you know it probably would be successful, even judging from some of the posts in the this thread, let alone others out there.

And that would just be positive reinforcement for the idea. So now EA could get $70, $80, maybe $100+ for what should be $60.

That really does making me squeamish to think about. I'm not the biggest lover (or detractor) of DLC, but usually it just adds something extra or significant new content (like an expansion). Just getting what should be the basics for extra money is really a dangerous idea.

The only possible thing like this that wouldn't trigger that desire to lose the contents of my last meal would be a fully complete, stand alone game (like reviving the Head Coach series as a digital PSN download). At least then, they'd have to make a full game - but that won't happen...or else they'd not have killed the HC series to begin with.
It's actually a part of the NBA 2K culture as well. On Twitter, that's all you see about people with DLC with 2K.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #36
MVP
 
HC0023's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

I VOTE for any of my madden brothers out there that have made Slider Sets to make the game as realistic as you could possibly get it for us FREE MADDEN GAMES every year. Personally i salute you all for trying to get the game that we all love and also at times love to hate have some representation of real football for the guys that enjoy somewhat of a simulation . Its YOU GUYS that make this game
HC0023 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #37
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

To people stating they would cringe at the the thought of something like this because it should already be standard, given the current football gaming market, ie exclusivity, it's not standard and apparently Tiburon has no intention of providing it that way. This whole discussion is of course just a hypothetical, not some petition to EA but again it stems from the reality that something like this is currently unavailable in Madden, with no sign of it being added.

I guess I should have fleshed out the question more in the OP to say if this was the only way to get this added would you be willing to pay for it, because that's the way I see it, lol. Call it a bribe from consumers, extortion from EA or both, I really couldn't care less, if it takes a couple dollars to get something like this in the game, I'm all for it. I want to emphasize "couple of dollars" too because in my mind, I'm thinking of something along the lines of what they charged in the past to access certain features in Madden. I forget which one it was, might have been more the one edition but it was only like $5-$10 or something, not another full purchase price.

Anyway, I'm just tossing the notion out there for the sake of discussion, no need for people to get into an uproar, it's not like what we discuss here is going to inspire EA Tiburon to act, lol.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #38
MVP
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
To people stating they would cringe at the the thought of something like this because it should already be standard, given the current football gaming market, ie exclusivity, it's not standard and apparently Tiburon has no intention of providing it that way. This whole discussion is of course just a hypothetical, not some petition to EA but again it stems from the reality that something like this is currently unavailable in Madden, with no sign of it being added.



I guess I should have fleshed out the question more in the OP to say if this was the only way to get this added would you be willing to pay for it, because that's the way I see it, lol. Call it a bribe from consumers, extortion from EA or both, I really couldn't care less, if it takes a couple dollars to get something like this in the game, I'm all for it. I want to emphasize "couple of dollars" too because in my mind, I'm thinking of something along the lines of what they charged in the past to access certain features in Madden. I forget which one it was, might have been more the one edition but it was only like $5-$10 or something, not another full purchase price.



Anyway, I'm just tossing the notion out there for the sake of discussion, no need for people to get into an uproar, it's not like what we discuss here is going to inspire EA Tiburon to act, lol.

Don't be surprised when they do this and it's on the back of the box with u getting credit..lol..but to be honest..at this point now in my 30's.. If I have to have EA reach into my wallet one more time for me to get a completely fleshed out game with all the bells and whistles I want..I'm likely in..and I'm just being honest..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #39
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Icon14 Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Pay extra for what the leadership of this game are promising us they want to create? I think not, and this idea makes even less sense if you consider they are already investing millions on tech to create a more simulation focused game. Let them use their own money, we shouldn't have to pay extra for them to do their jobs.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #40
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Pay extra for what the leadership of this game are promising us they want to create? I think not, and this idea makes even less sense if you consider they are already investing millions on tech to create a more simulation focused game. Let them use their own money, we shouldn't have to pay extra for them to do their jobs.
(FYI I just copy and pasted this from my exact same thread on another site)

What I'm referring to here is using the THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME, in a separate setting or mode, where they have a much stronger influence on realistic play for success. For everything they add to Madden that seems like a solid real football idea, there is often this belief that it has to be balanced with User control and still be "fun" but for gamers like myself, that find the most applicable realism fun, that separate mode/setting could alleviate that concern. I want to be able to experience the good football stuff they add reasonably "raw" and unfiltered but currently there is no way, mode or setting to do that.

So like I said, it's become apparent that for whatever reason, marketing, suits, other external pressures, etc, some additions are implemented with the POV of trying to appeal to as many gamers as possible, with seemingly very little regard for options. MUT doesn't seem to have that issue, they put whatever in that mode they feel people that enjoy MUT will enjoy, not every gamer that buys Madden. I'm advocating for something along that same premise with regard to a "sim" setting or mode, that like MUT, still uses the same base game but is structured to cater to a different type of gamer. You don't have to like or agree with my idea, we all have our own opinions but don't act like what I'm advocating for is unnecessary or unreasonable, under the circumstances.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Top -