Home

Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

This is a discussion on Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?
Yes 22 28.95%
No 48 63.16%
Undecided 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
To people stating they would cringe at the the thought of something like this because it should already be standard, given the current football gaming market, ie exclusivity, it's not standard and apparently Tiburon has no intention of providing it that way.
That's fine, then I have no intention of giving them any money, let alone more in theoretical DLC situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I guess I should have fleshed out the question more in the OP to say if this was the only way to get this added would you be willing to pay for it,
And my answer would stay the same. If EA says "$70 or 'arcade' Madden", then I say "no thanks, no Madden."

And, yes, it would set a precedent in the genre (or perpetuate it given what roadman mentioned if I understand his reply to me correctly), and no, I would not want to see that happening.

It's not about if "your post would make Tiburon act", it's the possibility that EA may actually try something like this if someone there had this sort of thought and ran it up the flagpole for a try out one year.

Last edited by KBLover; 07-13-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Pay extra for what the leadership of this game are promising us they want to create? I think not, and this idea makes even less sense if you consider they are already investing millions on tech to create a more simulation focused game. Let them use their own money, we shouldn't have to pay extra for them to do their jobs.
XP Progression and simulation are polar opposites. How can you have simulation with such an arcade off-field, off-season? That's why I have such a hard time believing them when they say "sim".
Old 07-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

It's all good KB and I get your point, we just disagree, nothing wrong with that. For me it comes down to the exclusive market and my passion for football video games as to why I would even consider something like this because, no way would this fly with direct competition. So I don't really jive with the "set a precedent" stuff, because if that was the case then the same thing could be said about getting exclusives so companies can put out whatever they want.

To put it another way, imo, this topic and Madden is a unique or at least rare situation of circumstances, where something like this would be a viable option, not some signal to the video game industry as a whole.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:48 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know an even crazier idea? Making sports games no longer annual upgrades. Utilize the roster update dlc and any changes in uniforms..stadiums etc be dlc as well..and here's the kicker..2k makes basketball, ea has football and hockey and fifa, konami has pes, Sony has mlb. Every two years the companies swap sports..The ultimate competition/bragging rights..it stops the monopoly idea of sports games and also brings all the talk on who could make a better "enter sport game here"..and the reason for the games no longer being annual releases gives everyone a fair two year plan to put effort into their product..but I'm crazy dreaming
Old 07-14-2014, 12:52 AM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlucky
You know an even crazier idea? Making sports games no longer annual upgrades. Utilize the roster update dlc and any changes in uniforms..stadiums etc be dlc as well..and here's the kicker..2k makes basketball, ea has football and hockey and fifa, konami has pes, Sony has mlb. Every two years the companies swap sports..The ultimate competition/bragging rights..it stops the monopoly idea of sports games and also brings all the talk on who could make a better "enter sport game here"..and the reason for the games no longer being annual releases gives everyone a fair two year plan to put effort into their product..but I'm crazy dreaming
Once all the licenses expire, maybe not such a crazy idea, but you'd have to convince the stockholders they will only see profits every few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #46
Rookie

Kinda like acclaim had wwf attitude and thq/aki had wcw vs the world..and most people thought what couls be possible if thq/aki made wwf games...then wrestle mania 2000 came out...and then no mercy..rest was history.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:57 AM   #47
Rookie

They would always see profits because we as consumers will still buy sports games no matter who makes it and how poorly criticized it is as long as it's the only choice..and the profits rotate based on the sport chosen.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #48
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I voted no because we should already be getting that in the game now. We shouldn't have to pay extra for a football game to properly represent and play like a real game of football. Something I feel we will Never see from EA.

Last night I was playing the show on my PS4 , that game has a level of realism that we should be seeing by now in Madden. Every time I play the show I can't help but think, if only there were a football game out that is this good. It's a darn shame.

I'm as guilty as the next guy as I will again buy Madden this year, and I will again spend the first 3 weeks tuning the sliders to try and get the game to some what resemble what I see on Sundays. Ugh!

Last edited by JMD; 07-14-2014 at 06:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »