Home

Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #25
MVP
 
hanzsomehanz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Call me a romantic but I am one who wishes they would donne the practice unis as well, as some pointed out: the contexf looks awks seeing them in full gear - just wears a bit heavy.

Love the concept though and will always be an advocate for coaching.

CMHooe made a great point about teaching thru the first level. Sports games need to pick up on this.

I am challenged to shooter games and so even games like Hitman are helpful to me in the first level because they teach me the basics of movement, weaponry and interaction all while I am fulfilling an uncomplicated mission but as the difficulty ramps up I am becoming more comfortable and confident in my skills as they add on new lessons.

I think the majority of us in here had to take and pass a written test and road test before we recieved our official liscence and so we can relate to madden teaching the way of football as they introduce more streets for sim vehicles.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
__________________
how could I lose? im playing by my own rules..
hanzsomehanz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #26
C*t*z*n *f RSN
 
K_GUN's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 3,815
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Call me a romantic but I am one who wishes they would donne the practice unis as well, as some pointed out: the contexf looks awks seeing them in full gear - just wears a bit heavy.

Love the concept though and will always be an advocate for coaching.

CMHooe made a great point about teaching thru the first level. Sports games need to pick up on this.

I am challenged to shooter games and so even games like Hitman are helpful to me in the first level because they teach me the basics of movement, weaponry and interaction all while I am fulfilling an uncomplicated mission but as the difficulty ramps up I am becoming more comfortable and confident in my skills as they add on new lessons.

I think the majority of us in here had to take and pass a written test and road test before we recieved our official liscence and so we can relate to madden teaching the way of football as they introduce more streets for sim vehicles.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

i recall one of the early Madden's in last gen actually had them in their practice fatigues....'07..'08??.....one of them did
__________________
Bummed that you're not on my ignore list yet?.....Don't worry, I'm sure you will be very soon.
K_GUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #27
C*t*z*n *f RSN
 
K_GUN's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 3,815
Re: Polygon: Madden 15 wants to teach you about football

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
cute.......Pat Kirwin, author of Take Your Eyes Off The Ball, has already done that but thanks anyway!

Yes.....im quoting myself....

......after listening to the Press Row Podcast which talks about this......i give the team props for doing this.....its great to be teaching football....i will use this to learn more about NFL football......

What i hope though is that if the team shows me how to beat Cover 2....that the gameplay will support this & not have game cheat (player warping...physic DBs) to prevent/counter my attempts at beating a Cover 2 D


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Bummed that you're not on my ignore list yet?.....Don't worry, I'm sure you will be very soon.
K_GUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #28
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Really, another renamed feature.

I'm tired of this notion that gamers don't know the game of football.

If you're talking about getting deep into the X's and O's of the game, a video game will not do it because it's all scripted concerning the basics.

Folks aren't buying this game as preparation into a coaching career.

They should focus on getting the "Simulation" aspect of their game down first, before trying to so called teach some one about the game.

What the community has been screaming about/trying to educate them on for the past decade is the basic fundamentals of the sport that "has not" been present in their game.

What I take from these type of informative releases is that the reason folks don't really experience game that they would like is because they don't really understand or know about the sport, and thus, don't play the game as it should be played.

Shock the community by making the Sidelines and Endzone as active and crowded as this mode, that will be something unexpected.

Sorry for the rant OS, but this irks me when they act like we don't know about football and somehow their idea of football is going to teach us something we don't know already.

Always looking for some side window to justify the things they do with their concept of football.
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #29
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Polygon: Madden 15 wants to teach you about football

My excitement and judgement for this mode and idea will be decided in a couple of years when we can see what impact it had on the game.

If future Maddens go in a more sim and deeper direction, the gauntlet mode will be brilliant. If they fail to make the game deeper then it may be a waste of time.

I will probably play the drills, but I wonder how deep will it go in teaching the actual game of football? I am particularly hopeful that it goes in depth to explain the different defensive fronts, e.g. odd meaning uncovered center even meaning covered center, over and under shifts, etc
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #30
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Really, another renamed feature.

I'm tired of this notion that gamers don't know the game of football.

If you're talking about getting deep into the X's and O's of the game, a video game will not do it because it's all scripted concerning the basics.

Folks aren't buying this game as preparation into a coaching career.

They should focus on getting the "Simulation" aspect of their game down first, before trying to so called teach some one about the game.

What the community has been screaming about/trying to educate them on for the past decade is the basic fundamentals of the sport that "has not" been present in their game.

What I take from these type of informative releases is that the reason folks don't really experience game that they would like is because they don't really understand or know about the sport, and thus, don't play the game as it should be played.

Shock the community by making the Sidelines and Endzone as active and crowded as this mode, that will be something unexpected.

Sorry for the rant OS, but this irks me when they act like we don't know about football and somehow their idea of football is going to teach us something we don't know already.

Always looking for some side window to justify the things they do with their concept of football.
I disagree with this post.

We, as in the OS community, may have a good grasp on the game of football, but that does not mean the gaming community as a whole has that same understanding. I could post three pages of anecdotal evidence to illustrate the point. Do not overestimate the football knowledge of an average fan, let alone the average Madden gamer.

We want Madden to become a deeper and more sim game. EA is worried that the community in general would become lost. I think there is some truth to that. This move, if they follow up on it, could be beneficial. Teach the fine points of football so that when you implement it the community is ready for it.

EA is trying to turn the casual and sometimes cheeser into more of a sim gamer. That is a good move in my opinion. Of course this is all contingent on what EA does in the future, that is whether or not they follow this by making the game more sim.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #31
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,316
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Sorry for the rant OS, but this irks me when they act like we don't know about football and somehow their idea of football is going to teach us something we don't know already.
This feature is not about you, or for that matter anyone on Operation Sports.

It's about the people who haven't yet played Madden NFL at all.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #32
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This feature is not about you, or for that matter anyone on Operation Sports.

It's about the people who haven't yet played Madden NFL at all.
If it's about those that have not played at all, why even post it on a Sporting Gaming Forum for feedback to be given?

Everyone that has a profile and is posting on this site has had some type of experience with Madden.

So to me the topic is concerning the OS Community because feedback is being invited.

Some note they like, some note they don't care, some note that they don't like.
Some even respond to what others post, which is ok.

My post spoke nothing about a like or dislike of the Mode as to personalize it.

My response was to the thought that the gaming community as a whole doesn't know the fundamentals of the game.

Everyone is simply posting their thought on the subject of the mode.

If it rubbed you the wrong way, the right thing was to PM me, as a Mod!!!
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Top -