Home

Old 07-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Angry Re: The Extra Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
The 2K5 presentation was great because they kept it simple. They showed highlights of your game, showed some key stats and got you back to the game. It was nicely dressed with real ESPN graphics and Chris Berman.

In the more recent attempts by EA, it seems they try to hard to be clever and/or creative. And for me at least, it rarely works. For example in NCAA '14, Rece Davis will cut in with an update to an obscure sunbelt game they have been "Watching all day long". Or an "upset in the making" that is 3-0 in the first quarter. A few years earlier, you would go to halftime which had nothing, kickoff to start the second half, and then all of a sudden they would recap some highlights from the first half.....just kind of weird.

I actually like NCAA 14 presentation, yes it gets stale after awhile, but the cut-ins the constant scores of the top 25 and who is going to get upset, GREATLY helps replay value. Even their pre game and half time stuff is good, stuff I had not seen since NFL 2K5 AND COLLEGE HOOPS days.

I had high hopes for this years Madden because of NCAA 14, but then realized they were not actually made by the same developer
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »