Home

Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

This is a discussion on Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

I also didn't know EA and CBS had a partnership, or was this dude misinformed? I know he's speaking from a casuals perspective, but I thought things like that usually are checked.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

One thing I will say is that some of the pass breakup animations you see in madden 25 are pretty nice. You see the defender actually get a helmet on the ball or reach in and poke it out. Those are pretty nice. The problem is, on the next play, you will see a guy with 76 catching make the catch at the same time he is getting completely smashed by a linebacker or safety. He instantly goes flat on his back and hangs onto the ball. These are the "controller throwing" moments. The passing system in Madden will not ever be fixed until they can separate the ball from the player models on the field. I can already see that it is not this way in Madden 15. The ball is still tied to people, that's why you constantly see the shifting of the ball to magnetize to a player or you will see it go through someone's body and be caught. The ball should have its own physics engine like it does in an older game. This way they have the freedom to make the passing plays play out organically instead of pre-determined like they are now. This will make the game much more organic and make reading the coverages that much more realistic. As it stands now, the outcome is determined right when you press the button essentially. I'm glad they did something to address this, but to me, it still doesn't seem like the correct implementation. Something tells me that in a future madden we will hear them tell us that this system did not work as well as they wanted or that it didn't work at all and they are doing something different. Do it the right way and separate the ball from the players.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #11
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

That article read more like a press release. Hard to put much stock into anything he has to say unless you know his background with past maddens

1. Describes how great Simms and Nantz are, they were apparently great last yr but this yr theyre even better! Lol

2. Random babbling from a fan about his team

3. Promotes their newish feature

4. Agree that the graphics look great from what weve seen

5. By all accounts the defense is better. Hopefully its true but who knows if the ai was actually revamped enough to remove most/any of the exploits.

Im sure it will be an upgrade over 25 but the question is how much. His closing comment that it will be the best sports simulator on the market lol

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon12 Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I also didn't know EA and CBS had a partnership, or was this dude misinformed? I know he's speaking from a casuals perspective, but I thought things like that usually are checked.
Me either but I do remember Rex mentioning this last year, so maybe they went with cbs or maybe he was misinformed.

Q: What about with presentation, a pre-game show, halftime, postgame show with commentary and highlights? Where do we see that making a return into the game in a bigger way than we see it today?

Rex: Presentation is not our area of expertise, we're gameplay guys, but I'll do my best to answer the question the best I can. I would ask you the question, do you feel like the core in-game presentation is strong enough where you would want us to leave it alone and go work on a pre-game or a halftime show? Internally, we want to make sure that our in-game presentation, commentary and camera work is top notch AAA quality before we start moving off and thinking about things like a halftime show or pre-game. Now that said, we have enough resources here at EA Tiburon where we can improve both core presentation and implement some kind of halftime or pregame show. Like I said earlier though our focus right now is on nailing the core presentation of the experience, the in-game. That affects all the different game modes, so we want to make sure our core presentation is really tight and at that level of quality that we want it to be before we move off and really nail the pregame, halftime, post game shows. We have Simms and Nantz but we are looking at different opportunities and partnerships to decide which is best between ESPN or CBS. I would expect in the next two years you'll see a resolution to that.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-14-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:13 AM   #13
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

I have to agree with friscob here..seemed more like press release then review..I mean Rex even stated at E3 they weren't there yet but this guy calls it the best sim game ever..he didn't find 1 I'll say again 1 thing wrong with the game...I hope it's true about inaccuracies..that help get game in right direction..

Edit: ok went back and read their review from Madden 25... Their review of 25 "all sunshine and lollipops too"..best line from that one was "player movements are so smooth"..and with 25 they thought graphics were real life too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 07-14-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #14
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
And they are returning to Madden NFL 15 to make the ultimate football experience even better.
Threw me off right there. I enjoyed M25 but "the ultimate football experience" just sounds like EA's words. But I kept reading..

Quote:
plenty of time and effort was put into making this the best sports simulator on the market.

Alas, I do look forward to seeing the improved defense. and seeing 5 min qtr games actually end in more 21 combined points instead of 50+.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #15
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon10 Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I have to agree with friscob here..seemed more like press release then review..I mean Rex even stated at E3 they weren't there yet but this guy calls it the best sim game ever..he didn't find 1 I'll say again 1 thing wrong with the game...I hope it's true about inaccuracies..that help get game in right direction..

Edit: ok went back and read their review from Madden 25... Their review of 25 "all sunshine and lollipops too"..best line from that one was "player movements are so smooth"..and with 25 they thought graphics were real life too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That hands on from last year was from a guy named Kahlil, Im talking to Phillip, who wrote this article on Twitter right now about this and his time with Madden 15. I'll post what he says...

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 how would you compare 15 to 25 on xb1/ps4 last year? I personally thought 25 was ok but nothing amazing, you?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 With the limited playing time I'm still confident in saying 15 will be better than 25.

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 it was nothing special. felt EA was going through the motions

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 for me every year from now on Madden needs to feel more like football and a lot less like "Madden"

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 you are absolutely right, and this year seems like that will be the direction Madden will be taking.... (cont)

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 from the attention to detail to the AI & game engine, everything i did i needed to be faster, quicker and smarter to succeed

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 did you have a hard time throwing against the secondary of the Giants? How many INTs did you throw?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 I didn't have too much trouble throwing the ball but I did make some mistakes and the game definitely punishes you haha
@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 I threw 3 INTs if I remember correctly.

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 did you play a full 4 quarters or just a half?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 full but only 5 min quarters

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 how did you feel the player movement and running animations were compared to 25?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 haha it's no prob. Running was very fluid. It was offense of choice for sure.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-14-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

This guy is a casual gamer. I agree that EA needs drop pass animations. 3 to 5 interceptions by halftime is ridiculous. That would be an attrocious game for an NFL QB and it rarely happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »