Home

Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

This is a discussion on Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #17
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
This guy is a casual gamer. I agree that EA needs drop pass animations. 3 to 5 interceptions by halftime is ridiculous. That would be an attrocious game for an NFL QB and it rarely happens.
Theres still going to be a an int slider to limit how many they catch. I wouldnt worry about that too much.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That hands on from last year was from a guy named Kahlil, Im talking to Phillip, who wrote this article on Twitter right now about this and his time with Madden 15. I'll post what he says...

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 how would you compare 15 to 25 on xb1/ps4 last year? I personally thought 25 was ok but nothing amazing, you?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 With the limited playing time I'm still confident in saying 15 will be better than 25.

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 it was nothing special. felt EA was going through the motions

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 for me every year from now on Madden needs to feel more like football and a lot less like "Madden"

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 you are absolutely right, and this year seems like that will be the direction Madden will be taking.... (cont)

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 from the attention to detail to the AI & game engine, everything i did i needed to be faster, quicker and smarter to succeed

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 did you have a hard time throwing against the secondary of the Giants? How many INTs did you throw?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 I didn't have too much trouble throwing the ball but I did make some mistakes and the game definitely punishes you haha
@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 I threw 3 INTs if I remember correctly.

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 did you play a full 4 quarters or just a half?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 full but only 5 min quarters

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 how did you feel the player movement and running animations were compared to 25?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 haha it's no prob. Running was very fluid. It was offense of choice for sure.
I could probably copy and paste every review/hands on discussion of madden for the last 7 years and it would match this twitter conversation. Sorry JP, but none of this means anything to me. When the game comes out and we still see defenders standing flat footed in empty zones, lineman standing still with win/loss outcomes at the line, paper bodies folding and twisting ridiculously and offensive PI called against the right tackle it will be wash rinse and repeat. If the game comes out and all of that is fixed, then maybe I'll start believing in these review sites.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #19
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
This guy is a casual gamer. I agree that EA needs drop pass animations. 3 to 5 interceptions by halftime is ridiculous. That would be an attrocious game for an NFL QB and it rarely happens.
Because NFL QB's would never make the decisions Madden gamer's make. And if they did they wouldn't be on the field for long.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
This is the dilemma we often end up in with Madden due to it's foundation, when doing a core fix would presumably take who knows how long, what to do with game play in the meantime. Maybe Bezo will chime in on this, since he is such a strong advocate of fixes over bandaids, I really don't know what's best in these type of instances.

On one hand, I want to see players punished for making bad throws/poor decisions, even if that's record breaking INTs, yet on the other hand I don't want unrealistic processes in an attempt to get realistic results. So in a situation like this where it's highly likely fixes, like pass drop animations, receivers becoming the defender, football untethered from players, etc, will not be in M15, how do they represent the risk/reward of passing?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is the dilemma we often end up in with Madden due to it's foundation, when doing a core fix would presumably take who knows how long, what to do with game play in the meantime. Maybe Bezo will chime in on this, since he is such a strong advocate of fixes over bandaids, I really don't know what's best in these type of instances.

On one hand, I want to see players punished for making bad throws/poor decisions, even if that's record breaking INTs, yet on the other hand I don't want unrealistic processes in an attempt to get realistic results. So in a situation like this where it's highly likely fixes, like pass drop animations, receivers becoming the defender, football untethered from players, etc, will not be in M15, how do they represent the risk/reward of passing?
They have to start somewhere. With Madden being a yearly release we have to deal with this. It should be a simple question for Madden developers. Is "this" realistic? The risk and reward of passing comes from realistic ratings causing realistic animations both good and bad. So now that they added errant throws you have to take that into account. I'd say they added a risk to passing that wasn't there in Madden before. The rewards have always been there. It's been so unrealistic because there hasn't been the risk. The risk of getting sacked or the risk of throwing a bad pass.

If you are throwing to the right receiver with proper timing you are not throwing interceptions. If you are off by a second the ball is in the defender's hands. That's the beauty of the execution of great QB's who never put the ball on defenders. Everyone shouldn't be a great Madden QB unless they play with that same focus and decision making.

So I can't wait to see more complaints about Madden being hard because that will tell me the game is getting more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It's easy to fix too many INT's, just lower the INT slider.........

Oh wait..................., is it lower it or higher it? lol
Old 07-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Still getting info from this guy

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 did you notice less sliding and swerving than in 25? In other words did the players run in a way that looked more realistic?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 def more realistic. easier to handle too.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
They have to start somewhere. With Madden being a yearly release we have to deal with this. It should be a simple question for Madden developers. Is "this" realistic? The risk and reward of passing comes from realistic ratings causing realistic animations both good and bad. So now that they added errant throws you have to take that into account. I'd say they added a risk to passing that wasn't there in Madden before. The rewards have always been there. It's been so unrealistic because there hasn't been the risk. The risk of getting sacked or the risk of throwing a bad pass.

If you are throwing to the right receiver with proper timing you are not throwing interceptions. If you are off by a second the ball is in the defender's hands. That's the beauty of the execution of great QB's who never put the ball on defenders. Everyone shouldn't be a great Madden QB unless they play with that same focus and decision making.

So I can't wait to see more complaints about Madden being hard because that will tell me the game is getting more realistic.
I agree with most of that, yet that still leaves the issue of either having to have some unrealistic INTs, unrealistic INT drops or both. I guess it's a matter of having to accept some level of results oriented realism, even if the process is unrealistic. Some complain about the unrealistic looking dropped INTs but how else, until core game play fixes are available, do they avoid unrealistic INTs?

The more I think about it, it's probably better to have broken up passes/dropped INTs than INTs, in realistic non INT situations, because I'm not sure the INTs would cause players to stop passing. It might just make them feel the need to pass more to make up for those INTs, where as incompletions might be a solid deterrent, without inducing the desire to make it for it.

One of the biggest issues with Madden and the way people play it, imo, is the numbers game of down and distance. It has always been far too easy to get a first down passing within 3-4 tries/downs. If passing windows are really more tight and QB accuracy actually matters, then that might be enough to realistically skew that numbers game, without unrealistic INTs. By "unrealistic" I mean according to the situation, not the number of INTs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »