Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #65
Banned
 
Live2K's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Very true. I do have issues with that stuff and small rb's falling 5 yds forward in between the tackles. But I do think all CB's should have the option to hitstick if they are user controlled. That's what makes playing fun. Going forward with a defensive mindset hopefully this game will correct the outcome stuff to better reflect stats and physics.

But I doubt anyone who plays this game yells at the tv when they hit stick lynch with Willis for lack of realism...just keyboard talk.
Live2K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #66
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,869
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Btw here's a video of Lance Briggs laying the shoulder and standing over top.

http://youtu.be/a0l-r_HVM6k

But look at the context. LB ready and waiting for a WR running right into him. He used the WRs momentum more than his own and planted his feet and shoulder charged him. This would NEVER happen if a ball carrier was actually looking at Briggs and already had the ball because he obviously wouldn't run direction into a waiting LB. CJ was running his route though and got laid out. This should happen when people start abusing slants, LBs should cheat out and lay WRs out like this.
Totally agree. It's all about the context and the way they look and how they occur. I shouldn't be running head on with Frank Gore or Lynch and get rocked by a corner who just turned around or just got block and then levels me.

With that said 15 looks alot better than 25. This is still the best I've seen 15 look.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #67
Rookie
 
NicVirtue's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
No but it's a video game. Atleast it's not a CB laying the wood. If you want realism then I guess you will have to use the safe tackle button...
I'm about tired of that excuse being used. They are touting simulation, so things should be judged based on that. Is it too much to ask for weight and size to actually matter more so than just animation? In 2014, I think not.
NicVirtue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #68
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Totally agree. It's all about the context and the way they look and how they occur. I shouldn't be running head on with Frank Gore or Lynch and get rocked by a corner who just turned around or just got block and then levels me.

With that said 15 looks alot better than 25. This is still the best I've seen 15 look.
This goes back to "do physics/ratings actually matter?". I would love to see a twitter response to this. Personally, I can safely say the answer is no with last gen M25. Haven't played PS4/X1, but on 360 I just stopped using the hit stick because I was literally laying out everyone with anyone. I could use nickleback or a DT and lay the same huge hit on any RB. The ratings matter but only if you make 20+ point differences. A 5'9 180lb CB could lay just as big of a hit as a 6'4 300lb lineman and it's one of the things that takes you out of the immersion immediately.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 07-15-2014 at 06:43 PM.
wordtobigbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #69
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,869
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
This goes back to "do physics/ratings actually matter?". I would love to see a twitter response to this. Personally, I can safely say the answer is no with last gen M25. Haven't played PS4/X1, but on 360 I just stopped using the hit stick because I was literally laying out everyone with anyone. I could use nickleback or a DT and lay the same huge hit on any RB. The ratings matter but only if you make 20+ point differences. A 5'9 180lb CB could lay just as big of a hit as a 6'4 300lb lineman and it's one of the things that takes you out of the immersion immediately.
It's pretty much the same on PS4. You still see alot of trash. The game is definitely better on next gen, some things look right, but you still have those WTF moments. Which are expected in any videogame, but the "WTF's" out weight the "WOW's".
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #70
EA Game Changer
 
SmittyD81's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Apr 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The animations actually looked good there, except those tackles where it's like a WWE shoulder charge. Those have got to go Tiburon. If you gonna have those power hits the defender has to go down as well. This ain't wrestling. I'm trying to believe they're taking the sim route, but leaving stuff like this in, it's hard to tell.
This is a video montage that literally has those kind of hits in it, and it's from the NFL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS91y9WHuiM

I understand the point of those kind of hits happening less often, but to say they don't happen at all, I gotta disagree with you there man. Ultimately, you also gotta factor in the "it's a video game" element as well.

Like I said, I agree that it should be nullified to an extent, but if it was EA, 2k, or whoever the name brand, if there's a "big hit" button command, that's exactly what people expect to see when that controller command is entered when playing these games....a big hit.
SmittyD81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #71
C*t*z*n *f RSN
 
K_GUN's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 3,808
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I'm about tired of that excuse being used. They are touting simulation, so things should be judged based on that. Is it too much to ask for weight and size to actually matter more so than just animation? In 2014, I think not.
ha...bro...it's a videogame

a videogame.

if u want realism...go outside & play the damn game in a league

lol
__________________
Bummed that you're not on my ignore list yet?.....Don't worry, I'm sure you will be very soon.
K_GUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #72
Rookie
 
NicVirtue's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
ha...bro...it's a videogame

a videogame.

if u want realism...go outside & play the damn game in a league

lol
Right, because realistic tackles can't be done in a video game, because it's a video game. Idk how I missed that. Thank you for enlightening me.
NicVirtue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Top -