Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Clint responds a lot on Twitter. They are well aware with the problems in Madden and they seem dedicated to fixing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not sure where it got off to the point that I was hyping Madden, I was merely stating a fact about the knowledge of this team versus the lack of knowledge of football with previous teams. I stand by what I said about 15 in the past, but I always recognize flaws and room for improvement. If you took a poll, most of my post would probably be more skeptical then optimistic on Twitter when I talk to the developers, but I do see the future and where this team is headed as being what we've wanted all this time. Like I said earlier, the final product will speak for itself more than anyone else on here or myself ever could, I am not a hype man. I just believe strongly in the current team and I'm not concerned about what happened in the past, because I think we spend far too much time focusing on that, instead of working on what's right in front of us, and trying to improve upon it. When people on here are posting about what happened literally 10 years ago, they could be using that same post, to tell the developers about what they want to see in Madden in 2014, 15, 16 etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's still EA and it's still Tiburon. These developers are still dictated by the marketing department and the budgets. Great optimism though!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #83
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I hope you guys have a good night. I'm going to crash, but I'll leave you with this, regardless of how much knowledge Ian had vs Rex and the current team, the end result of Ian's era was a game that went from bad to worse and that is what this team inherited, a broken game. The final product is really the only thing that matters, nobody can tell me that the teams of the past were the same as this team unless this team's final product ends up as poor and broken as theirs. I'm 99.9% sure that won't happen because the team is built with a long term mindset and leadership above them supports their direction. Bottom line, nobody knows where this game is really going but we all know where this game didn't go in the past. Until this team has failed us we need to stop treating them as if they are responsible for others failures in the past. Good night

Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #84

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Goodness, you are a PR nightmare for these guys. At this point I hope you're right for your sake.

Also, I remember you defending the "old team" that you are now dogging on just as much.....
Old 07-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #85
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Okay JP, you have a good night too, but a few things to consider.

Nobody is saying this team is responsible for the past, but they need to turn Madden into a true NFL experience. People are tired of waiting it out for 9 years.

Are you referencing Ian again when you say bad to worse? 10 was ok, 11 was not ok, and 12 was a little better. I don't think anyone is saying Madden, throughout the 9 years, (and I don't speak for everyone) has gone from bad to worse, but the improvements have been on a slow boat to China.

Please, don't try to compare Madden 15 vs Madden whatever. The comparison needs to be with Madden's contemporary sports games, including their very own FIFA, NHL and NBA 2k and The Show. And these games I've mentioned bring sports gamers closer to realism vs Madden.

No need to dwell on the past, there are circumstances beyond anyone's control to even be concerned with the past.

Please look over RGiles last post in this thread. He was an original CD person during the Ian era. He says it all better than I can.

Last edited by roadman; 07-16-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #86
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Lol. This guy. We all believe what we want to I guess. Its very debatable that madden 13 or 25 are better than Madden 10. That was not broken. I still play it. Madden 11 was the typical EA back of the box game. Madden 12 was clearly more if not all the old dev teams game. Some still think it's the best 360/ps3 madden. So I'm not sure were your getting that the new team inherited a " broken game". SMH. A lot of guys on this site still hate CFM. They inherited legacy issues but, those issues are still there. They added physics. Some think that did more bad than good. They added ball carrier foot planting. That's a very good addition. They sort of improved OL blocking. Other than that I'm not sure were all these great improvements are.

I've enjoyed 13 and 25 but, let's not get delusional here. It does no good to bash and criticize guys who worked just as hard and put out some good games in order build up the new guys.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #87
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

At lest sliders actually worked right prior to Madden 13. Lol
Old 07-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #88
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not afraid of falling I think more people on here are afraid of me being right all along

You should listen to some of the stuff you say JP. Quite comical to say the least. So you're just going to continue to throw darts at the wall hoping one day they stick & if they finally do you're going to say "See I told you this would be the year" smh. Lame. Fact is you've been pushing this same agenda for a few years now. You said Madden 25 would be the game we've all been waiting for lol. Also according to you, Madden 15 is supposed to be the end of Cam Webber's 3 year plan. Then just the other day you said Madden will be great in 2 more years lol. Which one is it? I get it that you have faith in this current dev team & that's cool, but at this point it seems as if even you don't really believe half the stuff you say. Problem is you've already put your credibility on the line time after time & you have to keep telling yourself these type of things so that you'll believe it lol. So in essence I think YOU'RE the one who's afraid of being wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »