Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:35 AM   #97
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
They failed us with Madden 25 Next Gen
M25 was a fun game. Still obviously wasn't the game any of us wanted as well as I'm sure this next one won't be to that point...
but it was hardly a failure for me.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-16-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 AM   #98
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I hope you guys have a good night. I'm going to crash, but I'll leave you with this, regardless of how much knowledge Ian had vs Rex and the current team, the end result of Ian's era was a game that went from bad to worse and that is what this team inherited, a broken game. The final product is really the only thing that matters, nobody can tell me that the teams of the past were the same as this team unless this team's final product ends up as poor and broken as theirs.
I know there was a warning in a previous thread about singling you out, but come on man - none of this is fair to Ian and the previous team when you seemed to enjoy both the demo and final versions of Madden games under them.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #99
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
And yet three years in that knowledge isn't reflected in the nuances of the gameplay.

Perfect Example:

What is the middle linebacker doing here at 1:07? This is a draw play in which his player sense should have told him that it was a draw play and to attack the LOS. And that's exactly what it looks like he does, but for some reason... well, actually I know the reason -- he suddenly takes 4-5 steps in reverse and allows himself to be blocked by the fullback. Now it's been this way since Cam and this new team took over and was a band-aide put in so that the draw play would actually work.

The linebackers didn't do that in Madden 10 btw...
um....yeah....they (the linebackers) were too busy making miracle leaps and swatting down balls they couldnt even see.....
Old 07-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 15

Madden is finally making strides and you can see these guys are trying to resurrect Madden from the dead. Unfortunately, there are just so many legacy issues that it makes the process a bore for the fans of the series.

I used to love Madden until the debacle in 06'. I cannot buy Madden again until they completely overhaul their locomotion and movement system. This can be done as demonstrated by the NHL series in 2013. They put nearly an entire dev cycle (if not more) into fixing locomotion and it did wonders for the game.

If for Madden 16' they built on the same direction they are headed now but entirely re-vamped the locomotion/movement and penalty system I think I could finally get back on board.

We would still have issues with WR/DB interactions, tackling physics, lack of route based passing, etc.. But at least we would finally have a solid foundation..

Last edited by ch46647; 07-16-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #101
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

When did I say it would take 2 more years for Madden to be great? I think Madden 15 will be great. In 2 years I think Madden will be just as good as FIFA NHL and the Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #102
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Until this team has failed us we need to stop treating them as if they are responsible for others failures in the past. Good night

I would hope this team understood what they are taking on and understand the criticism.

Until they prove they have turning things around they are going to continue to get criticized.

Just changing a team doesn't make fans criticize less it just leads to optimism. But after all these years regardless folks are going to be cautiously optimistic and have the right to be that way.

As for the comment above about in two years they will be as good as MLB The Show, they need to start making huge leaps each year because they are way behind right now. Plus I think one of the reason fans are more understanding on here with The Show is Russell frequents these boards and doesn't just respond on twitter.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 07-16-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #103
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Just in case anyone had doubts about WR/DB interactions being improved in the future

@womalee23: MADDEN 2012 MUST HAVE FLUIDITY FUNDAMENTALS AND T…: http://t.co/LfJo8tQCo7 @ClintOldenburg how long before we See interaction like this?

@ClintOldenburg: @womalee23 that's a good video of 2K. We haven't worked much on WR/DB in the past, but it's on the horizon I promise you.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
We may not always interact, but I promise you we are always reading.
It's worth a shot...

Everybody has a different reason why they choose to purchase your product. There's a lot of good in Madden that's taken for granted but at the end of the day the game needs to have "X" in order for me to spend $60.

What would bring me back for '15? Being able to run the Tampa 2 Defense. In Cover 2 Buc/Hard the CBs should jam, redirect inside, and drop to the depth that they do now in Cover 2 Soft to decrease the open area between the Safety with an eye on the flat. The priority is to stop the big gains not deny a 2 yard pass to the flats. Right now Cover 2 Buc does the opposite. When this is resolved I won't be able to get my wallet out fast enough!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »