Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #105
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just in case anyone had doubts about WR/DB interactions being improved in the future

@womalee23: MADDEN 2012 MUST HAVE FLUIDITY FUNDAMENTALS AND T…: http://t.co/LfJo8tQCo7 @ClintOldenburg how long before we See interaction like this?

@ClintOldenburg: @womalee23 that's a good video of 2K. We haven't worked much on WR/DB in the past, but it's on the horizon I promise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow...that is a pretty cool video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #106
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
I hope you guys have a good night. I'm going to crash, but I'll leave you with this, regardless of how much knowledge Ian had vs Rex and the current team, the end result of Ian's era was a game that went from bad to worse and that is what this team inherited, a broken game. The final product is really the only thing that matters, nobody can tell me that the teams of the past were the same as this team unless this team's final product ends up as poor and broken as theirs. I'm 99.9% sure that won't happen because the team is built with a long term mindset and leadership above them supports their direction. Bottom line, nobody knows where this game is really going but we all know where this game didn't go in the past. Until this team has failed us we need to stop treating them as if they are responsible for others failures in the past. Good night

The bold reminds me of the type of excuses that comes from every politicians mouth ever.

Maybe you should forget about becoming a GCer and focus on becoming a campaign manager instead.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #107
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
Wow...that is a pretty cool video.
Sim was the one who made that video and he said what Madden is working on for WR/DB interactions has never been accomplished in a football game.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #108
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Just in case anyone had doubts about WR/DB interactions being improved in the future

@womalee23: MADDEN 2012 MUST HAVE FLUIDITY FUNDAMENTALS AND T…: http://t.co/LfJo8tQCo7 @ClintOldenburg how long before we See interaction like this?

@ClintOldenburg: @womalee23 that's a good video of 2K. We haven't worked much on WR/DB in the past, but it's on the horizon I promise you.

Good god that video was depressing.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #109
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
We may not always interact, but I promise you we are always reading.
Since you are always reading, how about considering an optional, realistic progression system for CFM.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #110

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
M25 was a fun game. Still obviously wasn't the game any of us wanted as well as I'm sure this next one won't be to that point...
but it was hardly a failure for me.
IDK I put the game down after about 2 and a half weeks. I could march up and down the field using the same routes I did in Madden 11. The game was definitely better, but still suffered from the same core issues. Thats what made it a failure for me. Some of the improvements (pocket formation, true step, pursuit angles) were very inconsistent. It was without a doubt the best Madden since 05 though.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #111
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Sim was the one who made that video and he said what Madden is working on for WR/DB interactions has never been accomplished in a football game.

That's great that they are going to work on things for future titles but I'm more focused on Madden 15 since this is the game we are going to be getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #112
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
We may not always interact, but I promise you we are always reading.
That is a great thing to hear, but at the same time, the lack of interaction is somewhat understandable with the nature of some posters here, but at the same time it is a bit annoying.

We all want a great NFL game and that is why we all still come here year after year. We don't live to hate Madden or dog on each and every crew. I just want Madden to reach the same platform of other sports games in terms of representing a more realistic experience. There have been plenty of steps in the right direction and I am grateful for that, but at the same time there have been plenty of new issues brought in at the same time.

I love the way this current team talks about their game and the direction they want to take it. Rex, Clint, and others all seem like they are really passionate about taking Madden to the next level and that brings back more excitement than I used to have with this franchise. However, at the same time, the lack of interaction is a bit of a buzzkill because on one hand you all address issues we all gripe about in interviews, but on the other hand, outside of mentioning the issues, we never really hear much else about them.

For example, you guys talked about locomotion and how you were really wanting to get a more realistic setup in there. You introduced True Step and everyone here got pretty excited, but then you all held back for a bit that it only would affect at most 2 players on the field. At the time of that announcement, I was pretty upset like others, but once I got to experience True Step myself in M25, I was excited again because I loved the way it felt. Yea I was annoyed at how CPU players still moved unrealistically, but at the same time True Step made the ball carriers and my defender move so much more realistically and fluid.

Skip forward to this year and you guys have not even really mentioned anything about True Step and I am assuming nothing has changed with it. It is great the new team brings up legacy issues and let us know you are working on them, but at the same time you guys leave it at that. You don't need to be interacting with us constantly, but if you would just provide us some details on how you're working on the issues and just be realistic with us, we'd all be a lot more grateful. We're not a bunch of savages that expect perfection in one cycle. We may come off like it sometimes, but that's not OS. We all want a great football game. We hear you know about issues and are working on them, but we never get an outline of how you are approaching the issues and what we should expect. We only hear about these 3 years plans on the overall game constantly. By leaving us in the dark we all let our minds explore the possibilities and ultimately, that is where the disappointment comes in at. Just be honest with us when discussing these issues and their fixes. Let us know what to expect each year and what you're working towards. I know I would be a lot less annoyed with the steps Madden takes if I actually knew what was happening, but right now I don't have much of a clue. I don't know what is going on with True Step. I would be a bit sad if you all just said nothing with True Step is changing this year, but I'd love to actually have you all acknowledge it instead of just acting like True Step doesn't exist anymore. Let us know how things are developing along, get us even more excited for the future. People these days love hearing about the progress of games as it happens, even if its is slow. Look at the whole Early Development market now on PC games and how much people just love the idea that they are hearing about development first hand no matter the speed.

I love the way this Madden team wants to make the game we all want, but you all just need a bit more interaction, not a ton, but just telling us you're reading isn't really much. It may excite us all for 5 minutes, then we are back to square one.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »