Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 PM   #153
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not sure about that. Look, I'm a sports gamer who played NFL 2k5 for 3 straight years and I notice the things that are missing.....I just dont care as much as you guys do. WR/DB interaction in the 2k games looks great but I really dont remember noticing the lack of it in Madden until i started spending time here and noticing the complaints.

I guess my point is I think casuals who played 2k would notice the differences but I dont think they care. Madden looks enough like football for most.

You been here a long time though..lol I been a loyal visitor since 2004 and u been around then..lol..anyway back to ur point..
I do believe casual gamers would notice some not all..but as NFL has over taken the states casual sports gamers and casual NFL fans have progressed in their football knowledge...with sites like this, NFL Network, plus Bleach Report, smart phones, etc etc etc..when I first started visiting here along time ago.. There was only a very small few posters that could explain difference between cover two, cover 1, etc.. Then only handful LB'z, AJ, and one or two other who KNEW football..fast forward to now..and numbers have grown due to above stated..

I'll agree to small point that if certain things had not been done before then some casual gamers would not look for it.. But problem is this title and other titles have done these things and have done then several years past.. So those casual gamers due notice that it's missing they do notice issues they may have not normally seen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #154
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

FWIW

@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg Did you guys address player movement after E3 because everyone that played it in NY last week seems to be really impressed

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 we are still in development post-E3 every year, definitely so this year as well. E3 build is probably 4 weeks old at that time

@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg cool can't wait to see how it looks now. I'm hoping the halftime show is better since E3 too. I heard too much dead air then.

@ClintOldenburg: @ToneLoc21 @jpdavis1982 I definitely stand by it's quality. Heck, last year we had no halftime show. Now we have a GREAT one.

@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg @ToneLoc21 in what way has the halftime show improved the most since E3?

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 @ToneLoc21 every way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #155
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
So the game should be built for your colleagues who have absolutely no interest in Madden or football? Gee, my mom has absolutely no interest in football. Should the game be designed for her too?
No, once again you miss my point.

The game should be built to have engaging mechanics and compelling gameplay, regardless of context, which will capture as wide an audience as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #156
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
CM I understand ur point here..but may I ask u this? If they played another football title game which I won't mention..do u think these non football people would see the difference? See the movements? The basics of movements? The interaction of all 22 players?
People who are in-tune with video games in the general case, surely will notice Madden's shorter animations giving the game a more game-y and less realistic look, sure. As to the basics of movement, Madden's "basics of movement" are just fine in that the players can move and the user has reasonable (arguably very fine-tuned, as Madden has traditionally prioritized "stick skills") command over whichever player he selects to play as.

Quote:
what's funny is my belief is hardcore Football gamers are the one's that can't turn Madden down..cause they need the "fix"
You're not wrong. There are certainly people who buy Madden because they want a console football game and there are no other modern options.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #157
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not sure about that. Look, I'm a sports gamer who played NFL 2k5 for 3 straight years and I notice the things that are missing.....I just dont care as much as you guys do. WR/DB interaction in the 2k games looks great but I really dont remember noticing the lack of it in Madden until i started spending time here and noticing the complaints.

I guess my point is I think casuals who played 2k would notice the differences but I dont think they care. Madden looks enough like football for most.
When NFL 2K5 was relevant and I was trying to convince my friends to play a franchise with me in that game rather than Madden 2005, the two things they noticed about 2K that were different from Madden was that "the players ran with sticks up their butts" and that they thought tapping A for sprinting was "really dumb" (not my opinion, for the record).

To the casual player, the specific details of how to play positional football (beyond the quarterback position) have by-and-large been lost upon them up to this point in football gaming's history because A - football is a very complex sport which is only truly understood by a small subset of its gigantic fan base, and B - every console football video game ever created has emphasized the mechanics of throwing and running moreso than any other facet of the game (blocking, tackling, playing coverage, running routes, etc. etc.). The specific details simply aren't as important as the mechanics of engaging the video game, whatever the video game may be.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #158
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, once again you miss my point.

The game should be built to have engaging mechanics and compelling gameplay, regardless of context, which will capture as wide an audience as possible.
And that should not or does not need to exclude or be at the expense of realism.

You used your colleagues that you admit have no interest in sports or madden as an example of your target audience. There's no need for the target to be that extreme. I didn't miss anything.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #159
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And that should not or does not need to exclude or be at the expense of realism.
Only to the extent that the gameplay is engaging. I never said the two facets were mutually exclusive, just that the means by which the user interacts with the game is always going to get priority. The average video game player - not you, but the average video game player - is going to care more about his personal gameplay responsibilities moreso than anything the AI is doing.

Quote:
You used your colleagues that you admit have no interest in sports or madden as an example of your target audience. There's no need for the target to be that extreme. I didn't miss anything.
If Tiburon is designing their game with no intention of capturing new customers and no intention of increasing their profit margin on producing the software, they are doing something extremely wrong.

Why would a game studio want to intentionally narrow its target demographic with a product? Why wouldn't the studio want to try to make its game appealing to those who haven't previously had any interest in the series so they can make more money?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #160
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Wow dude when you reach you really reach. How was any of that informative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
FWIW
@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg Did you guys address player movement after E3 because everyone that played it in NY last week seems to be really impressed

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 we are still in development post-E3 every year, definitely so this year as well. E3 build is probably 4 weeks old at that time
Notice he didn't answer your question. He said they are definitely in development after E3, he is no way said they addressed player movement.

Quote:
@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg cool can't wait to see how it looks now. I'm hoping the halftime show is better since E3 too. I heard too much dead air then.

@ClintOldenburg: @ToneLoc21 @jpdavis1982 I definitely stand by it's quality. Heck, last year we had no halftime show. Now we have a GREAT one.

@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg @ToneLoc21 in what way has the halftime show improved the most since E3?

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 @ToneLoc21 every way
Again no one really answered your question. They stand by it, it's been improved in every way. That's called generalizing and not being specific.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »