Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #161
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

If Tiburon is designing their game with no intention of capturing new customers and no intention of increasing their profit margin on producing the software, they are doing something extremely wrong.

Why would a game studio want to intentionally narrow its target demographic with a product? Why wouldn't the studio want to try to make its game appealing to those who haven't previously had any interest in the series so they can make more money?
i really dont agree with your statement here at all, you're making a huge generalization, no one is saying that Tiburon shouldn't try to expand it's customer base with features like the tackling cone, the gauntlet, etc. to reel in customers but its a given that any company will always strive to expand its customer base annually.

at the same time, i think the point everyone here is trying to make is that why isn't madden trying to help retain it's existing customer base who buy this game every year. from my perspective you're saying those two things are mutually exclusive and EA/Tiburon simply doesnt have the resources to tackle both objectives in the same cycle.

NBA did it, and even FORCED virtual currency in the franchise mode, still i had no gripes with it! make it financially viable but at the same time enjoyable and re-playable.

i completely understand that EA/Tiburon is a company looking to profit from their video games, but i also understand when you make a terrible product year after year you're probably going to lose customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #162
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
You been here a long time though..lol I been a loyal visitor since 2004 and u been around then..lol..anyway back to ur point..
I do believe casual gamers would notice some not all..but as NFL has over taken the states casual sports gamers and casual NFL fans have progressed in their football knowledge...with sites like this, NFL Network, plus Bleach Report, smart phones, etc etc etc..when I first started visiting here along time ago.. There was only a very small few posters that could explain difference between cover two, cover 1, etc.. Then only handful LB'z, AJ, and one or two other who KNEW football..fast forward to now..and numbers have grown due to above stated..

I'll agree to small point that if certain things had not been done before then some casual gamers would not look for it.. But problem is this title and other titles have done these things and have done then several years past.. So those casual gamers due notice that it's missing they do notice issues they may have not normally seen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've mentioned in the past about my nephew, who still plays Madden in online leagues with his buddies and family. I still see him a few times a year. He doesn't visit forums, doesn't have FB or Twittter, etc........ I once told him what things Madden was missing and he told me I'm being too serious and trying to complicate matters. He could care less about animations, tiered playcalling, etc....he just wants to game with his buddies and family and claim bragging rights.

I do agree with people he'd be one of those people that wouldn't notice the improvements, but there are a lot of people like my nephew.

I just feel we need the game to become better balanced and everyone will become happier, hopefully. Let's hope this team continues to strive towards that.

Last edited by roadman; 07-17-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If Tiburon is designing their game with no intention of capturing new customers and no intention of increasing their profit margin on producing the software, they are doing something extremely wrong.

Why would a game studio want to intentionally narrow its target demographic with a product? Why wouldn't the studio want to try to make its game appealing to those who haven't previously had any interest in the series so they can make more money?
Why do you think that the demographic of "I don't like sports, I don't like football" would be a viable demographic for EA to spend resources on? That's the example you gave. Try and expand your audience to those that makes sense to try and expand on.

How many of the "I don't like football" audience do you really think EA will be able to capture?

The Show is accessible but not at the expense of reasonable realism. You don't have to know baseball inside and out to have "fun" with The Show, yet it's praised for it's realism.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #164
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Wow dude when you reach you really reach. How was any of that informative?

Notice he didn't answer your question. He said they are definitely in development after E3, he is no way said they addressed player movement.

Again no one really answered your question. They stand by it, it's been improved in every way. That's called generalizing and not being specific.
I've been talking with Clint for a while, he's a very straightforward person and he usually means exactly what he says. I expect the player movement to have improved since E3, literally every person who played it last week that I've talked to or read their article, said it was much improved. I also expect the halftime show to be improved in every way. It's all in perspective but like I said Clint is usually open and honest about things.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #165
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
you're saying those two things are mutually exclusive
I don't know how many times I have to say that I'm not saying this, but: I'm not saying this. The two are not mutually exclusive. I think that's the third time I said as much in this thread. A combination of realism and engaging gameplay mechanics very much can exist in the game game.

However, realism without mechanics (i.e. WR/DB jostling by the AI without the introduction of any new user gameplay) is going to take a backseat to anything at all regarding gameplay mechanics because gameplay mechanics in general are more important given the medium we are dealing with, that being video games.

Quote:
i think the point everyone here is trying to make is that why isn't madden trying to help retain it's existing customer base who buy this game every year.
Tiburon has reportedly refactored defensive zone coverage AI for more realistic and smarter defense, continued to make offensive line play more life-like for a more authentic pocket, and rewritten the QB accuracy checks on thrown passes for more simply-inaccurate incomplete passes which target no one.

If those features aren't specific bones thrown at this board in an attempt to retain core customers who care about true-to-life gameplay, what is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #166
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I've been talking with Clint for a while, he's a very straightforward person and he usually means exactly what he says. I expect the player movement to have improved since E3, literally every person who played it last week that I've talked to or read their article, said it was much improved. I also expect the halftime show to be improved in every way. It's all in perspective but like I said Clint is usually open and honest about things.

Whatever they have done to the halftime show it is already an improvement over what they use to have which was just some halftime stats that compared both teams. Since you have been talking to him has he mentioned anything about a demo coming out?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #167
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Didn't I just read this somewhere?

Time for more caffeine.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #168
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yup, spammer. You can find a few/several of those an hour depending on your OS browsing habits.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »