Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand but he would have said no we didn't get to those things or something like that, he says it a lot to my questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really, did you see his response when I asked him about wind affecting passes? it's a simple yes or no question, yet he responded to me 3 times and never once answered the question.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #178
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I wish EA would never use the word "simulation" to describe Madden again. That way people cant use that as a reason to complain about the game not reaching their realism standard. Everybody here knows that Madden isnt and isnt trying to be a pure simulation. Its trying to be a video game that has some realistic elements.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #179
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not the only demo. There are more people in the "I like the NFL but dont know what hot routes, bump and run and A gaps are" demo then in the hardcore demo that resides at OS. That demo doesnt care about realistic lineman interaction/wr/db interaction/linebackers hitting the right gap. They dont care about the lack of pass interference penalties. I'm not saying that they would object to EA make those improvements. I'm just saying that those arent things that will sell them on a game.
I would like to see the above, but that doesn't sell me the game either. What sells me the game is realistic outcomes to games. I don't disagree with those that talk about the process because they are right and it would make the game better for me. But I'm more concerned with realistic outcomes to games, scores, statistics, non player controlled AI, simmed stats, and a realistic offseason/off field franchise.

Quote:
Also and this isnt a shot at you Bucky but I'm sick of people here acting as if Madden has no realism. Like we are playing Mutant League Football or something. The game isnt as realistic as the Show or NBA 2k can be (they only reach the realism threshold with slider tweaks and ratings adjustments) but it is somewhat realistic.
What is greatly unrealistic to me is the offseason/off field. No matter how much the gameplay is worked on, and I will never complain about improved gameplay, the game will be disappointing to me w/o a realistic off season/off field franchise.

I thought M12 franchise was implemented very poorly but was at least headed in the right direction and it had me pretty excited. Then M13 came along and was a complete disappointment to me.

aholbert, this post is just so you can hopefully understand my frame of mind. The Show, with in reason, gives me this along with NBA2K. Madden seems like it's going in the opposite direction. I just don't want a game to make me feel like I'm sticking a quarter into an arcade machine. It takes all the joy out of it. Other games in the exact same Genre seem to be able to accomplish what Madden seems to not want to accomplish.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #180
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I wish EA would never use the word "simulation" to describe Madden again. That way people cant use that as a reason to complain about the game not reaching their realism standard. Everybody here knows that Madden isnt and isnt trying to be a pure simulation. Its trying to be a video game that has some realistic elements.
That's what it's been but it is trying to become a simulation under Cam and Rex. They are using that word when they describe the game so they will be judged according to that.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #181
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Not really, did you see his response when I asked him about wind affecting passes? it's a simple yes or no question, yet he responded to me 3 times and never once answered the question.
Yeah I did and he said that nothing has changed in the way wind affects the passing game. That kind of response is unusual from him from my experience though.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #182
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
So basically what you are saying is, you wish they would not use the word simulation to support your argument to make you right as opposed to the people who disagree? Makes sense... The game is marketed as a simulation, the developers are always preaching authenticity and realism all over social media and the creative director for game play has said it 100 times himself, even on these forums. That's the standard they are being held to and that is the standard they have set themselves.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #183
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Thats not the only demo. There are more people in the "I like the NFL but dont know what hot routes, bump and run and A gaps are" demo then in the hardcore demo that resides at OS. That demo doesnt care about realistic lineman interaction/wr/db interaction/linebackers hitting the right gap. They dont care about the lack of pass interference penalties. I'm not saying that they would object to EA make those improvements. I'm just saying that those arent things that will sell them on a game.

Also and this isnt a shot at you Bucky but I'm sick of people here acting as if Madden has no realism. Like we are playing Mutant League Football or something. The game isnt as realistic as the Show or NBA 2k can be (they only reach the realism threshold with slider tweaks and ratings adjustments) but it is somewhat realistic.

That seems to be the problem in all our culture at this time. If something isn't the very best, it's trash.

That's why I hate ESPN now. Team wins the championship - dynasty. Team they beat - garbage and time to re-tool.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #184
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I would like to see the above, but that doesn't sell me the game either. What sells me the game is realistic outcomes to games. I don't disagree with those that talk about the process because they are right and it would make the game better for me. But I'm more concerned with realistic outcomes to games, scores, statistics, non player controlled AI, simmed stats, and a realistic offseason/off field franchise.

What is greatly unrealistic to me is the offseason/off field. No matter how much the gameplay is worked on, and I will never complain about improved gameplay, the game will be disappointing to me w/o a realistic off season/off field franchise.

I thought M12 franchise was implemented very poorly but was at least headed in the right direction and it had me pretty excited. Then M13 came along and was a complete disappointment to me.

aholbert, this post is just so you can hopefully understand my frame of mind. The Show, with in reason, gives me this along with NBA2K. Madden seems like it's going in the opposite direction. I just don't want a game to make me feel like I'm sticking a quarter into an arcade machine. It takes all the joy out of it. Other games in the exact same Genre seem to be able to accomplish what Madden seems to not want to accomplish.
I see your point but the demo I described earlier doesnt care about any of those things. Every year, I see people her on OS complain about the simmed stats in franchise. "There are too many passing TDs." "passing yardgae numbers are too high." "where are the half tackles and sacks". Every year, I think......most people dont give a **** about that stuff and thats why it isnt fixed.

I am somewhat neurotic when it comes to basketball games and every one praises NBA 2k but you know what? Their simmed stats have been screwed for 5 years. Points, assists and rebound numbers are always too low. Not enough simmed high scoring games. Even with my neurosis, I recognize it and move on because I realize their target audience doesnt know or care so they wont fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »