Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #217
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I won't detail our portfolio because it'd be off-topic and shameless to plug my own company's products within the context of this discussion. To the extent that it's relevant to the topic - I led a team here through the internal design process of a football video game within the past six months. Don't expect to see it anytime soon, but it exists.
I followed Maximum Football, Division Rivals (which never made it to publishing-was suppose to take you from HS to college to PROS) and a few others. You're design emphasis scares me, but when would someone be able to at least follow the game progress? Is there a web site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
the mechanics - whatever they are - must still establish the player with agency within the world created by the video game - whatever that world is - lest the player feel like he's only a spectator to the outcome on screen rather than an active participant.

just because it is a "simulation sports game" doesn't absolve it from the responsibilities its developers have for creating an engaging video game.
And our point is, that doesn't absolve a "simulation sports game" from having realism as a goal. That does not prevent "an engaging video game". See The Show and NBA2K. This is where requirements are different between a "simulation sports game" and a "sci fi" game. Realistic does not mean "not engaging". And doesn't make the requirements the same as games in other genres.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #218
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
"Venting" has an expiration date. If I have a rough day at work and I tell my wife about it, thats venting. If every day for 6 mos, I go home and tell my wife about why my job sucks and why there is nothing i can do about it ....my wife would tell me to stop complaining and start looking for a new job.

Venting about the same issues over and over again isnt venting...its complaining. Now I'm not saying anyone in this thread is guilty of that but there are plenty of people in this forum who are.
OK, except I'm not just venting. I'm mid 50's, frustrated, with the feeling of limited years of video gaming left in me and feel like the last 10 years have been almost wasted in NFL Video Football gaming.

I would "find another job" except this is the only job out there.

Part of me keeps posting here because the EA reps actually do read stuff here. It may not change anything, but not posting leaves little to no chance for the change. And I desperately want a reasonably realistic NFL football game before my eyes get to bad to see the differences on the screen. I used to have 20/18 vision. Now I need progressive lenses, reading lenses and computer lenses. I honestly only have X number of years left trying to enjoy gaming. If I was in my twenty's, I probably wouldn't be so frustrated.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #219
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Thats kind of untrue. You can post something similar to what I posted. Why? Because I can provide you with links (if needed) where EA employees have called it a sim or stated intentions that they wanted it to be sim. We have no problem with you stating an argument if you have an argument that is supported by fact. One other difference is.....I dont post this statement over and over again....in thread after thread. I'm not saying you are doing this but PLENTY of people on this forum do this.

I have a strong opinion about Madden and if asked I will offer it. What you will never see me do is go into multiple video threads or article threads and complain about the same thing. Whether its complaining about the exclusive deal or wr/db interactions or animations that 2k5 had, I see people making the same arguments in multiple threads with the sole reason to derail the thread.

Also, my statement isnt extreme. Im a regular consumer of EA products. I dont see them as the Evil Empire or as negatively as many people here do. I love Fifa (even with its flaws) and UFC (despite its flaws). So its not a blanket "EA Sucks" position. I'm just using evidence of past statements and behavior and saying that they have lied and havent lived up to the promises.

If anything I'm more disappointed by the people who continue to complain that EA markets it as a simulation when its clear from 10 years of product that they have no intention of making it a sim and that they just use that word as a marketing tool.
Some of this I won't touch because somewhat similar to Madden, what's said and what actually gets done on OS can be two different things. What I will touch on is about repeating the same things over. I may very well be guilty of it but I don't know how else to respond to misinformation except with the facts, as I see them. For example, if there are multiple threads/posts discussing madden sales, it makes perfect sense those same threads/posts would get infinite responses in reference to the NFL exclusive because that's a key factor in sales. That's just one example, with the main point being the only way to prevent repeated criticism is to limit repeated points they are criticizing, both of which I think is unreasonable.

People can seemingly post of all the ways they enjoy Madden or justify issues until infinity, even when it's completely besides the point, yet repeated justified criticism, in direct response to another post, thread title or Tiburon claim, is judged differently. I think both should be just overlooked, as long as they remain generally respectful, hell, posting the exact same ish different ways is pretty much all any of us do anyway after 10 years with this game, lol.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #220
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
"Venting" has an expiration date. If I have a rough day at work and I tell my wife about it, thats venting. If every day for 6 mos, I go home and tell my wife about why my job sucks and why there is nothing i can do about it ....my wife would tell me to stop complaining and start looking for a new job.

Venting about the same issues over and over again isnt venting...its complaining. Now I'm not saying anyone in this thread is guilty of that but there are plenty of people in this forum who are.
Telling someone to find a new job - difficulty level, unkown, but possible to find another job....Finding another up to date NFL football game, using current generation abilities, impossible.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #221
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

People have been complaining about the same things on these forums for 10 years and nothing has changed, competition still isn't here,finally in 2017 competition arrives and EA loses the license.

OR

A new leader(Rex and Cam) comes in for Madden and starts to turn things around and eventually after 3-4 years (2015-16)gets it right and delivers a simulation football game.

Which of those seems more likely??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #222
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
People have been complaining about the same things on these forums for 10 years and nothing has changed, competition still isn't here,finally in 2017 competition arrives and EA loses the license.

OR

A new leader(Rex and Cam) comes in for Madden and starts to turn things around and eventually after 3-4 years (2015-16)gets it right and delivers a simulation football game.

LOL, I really don't care how likely either of those options are as long as one of them gets us a AAA realistic NFL football game fairly soon.

I might even vote for both of the above (EA loses exclusive license but doesn't completely lose an NFL license).
Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #223
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

OR

I'd put my money on the third option of that proverbial snowball's chances before either of these. lol (j/k)

Who knows JP, of course Rex and dem boys is the best hope, since they are trying, so here's to their success.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #224
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

OR

how many 3-4 yr plans are we gonna hear about we keep hearing 3-4 yr plan then in yr 2 they scrap idea's and change everything again...madden will never be sim football because the codes are old and they just keep re writing over them which just leads to more problems they need to rewrite the codes before even thinking about making madden sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »