Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #225
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
OK, except I'm not just venting. I'm mid 50's, frustrated, with the feeling of limited years of video gaming left in me and feel like the last 10 years have been almost wasted in NFL Video Football gaming.

I would "find another job" except this is the only job out there.

Part of me keeps posting here because the EA reps actually do read stuff here. It may not change anything, but not posting leaves little to no chance for the change. And I desperately want a reasonably realistic NFL football game before my eyes get to bad to see the differences on the screen. I used to have 20/18 vision. Now I need progressive lenses, reading lenses and computer lenses. I honestly only have X number of years left trying to enjoy gaming. If I was in my twenty's, I probably wouldn't be so frustrated.
I knew someone would post that. LOL. The difference is you dont have to find another job/game. You can just not play the game. Or play older games that have features you want.
aholbert32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #226
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
People have been complaining about the same things on these forums for 10 years and nothing has changed, competition still isn't here,finally in 2017 competition arrives and EA loses the license.

OR

A new leader(Rex and Cam) comes in for Madden and starts to turn things around and eventually after 3-4 years (2015-16)gets it right and delivers a simulation football game.

Which of those seems more likely??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Choice A. EA still produces Madden and is forced to compete against a game that is more realistic. Forces Madden to innovate at a much faster rate than they have.
aholbert32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:09 PM   #227
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Telling someone to find a new job - difficulty level, unkown, but possible to find another job....Finding another up to date NFL football game, using current generation abilities, impossible.
So why complain about the impossible? You believe its impossible and will never happen so why complain if change isnt possible.
aholbert32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #228
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I knew someone would post that. LOL. The difference is you dont have to find another job/game. You can just not play the game. Or play older games that have features you want.
And that's just not much of a choice. As far as not playing the game. I pretty much did that. It's painful and frustrating to not be able to enjoy an NFL video game. M12 I played a lot. M25 I've tried, but the off field is still disappointing to me. I'm with Big. OPTIONS. OPTIONS. OPTIONS.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #229
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Choice A. EA still produces Madden and is forced to compete against a game that is more realistic. Forces Madden to innovate at a much faster rate than they have.
I love you. That's pretty much the option that I posted.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #230
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,253
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I followed Maximum Football, Division Rivals (which never made it to publishing-was suppose to take you from HS to college to PROS) and a few others. You're design emphasis scares me, but when would someone be able to at least follow the game progress? Is there a web site?
The game is currently not in production stages, and I'm not sure we ever will be because making a sports video game without a league license is not really a proven winner (as everyone on this forum probably knows). We have safer bets than a sports game which we're pursuing at the moment. To directly answer your question - as of now there's nothing to follow.

That said, if we do move forward with this game, OS will be the first place to know once we have something worth showing.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #231
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Some of this I won't touch because somewhat similar to Madden, what's said and what actually gets done on OS can be two different things. What I will touch on is about repeating the same things over. I may very well be guilty of it but I don't know how else to respond to misinformation except with the facts, as I see them. For example, if there are multiple threads/posts discussing madden sales, it makes perfect sense those same threads/posts would get infinite responses in reference to the NFL exclusive because that's a key factor in sales. That's just one example, with the main point being the only way to prevent repeated criticism is to limit repeated points they are criticizing, both of which I think is unreasonable.

People can seemingly post of all the ways they enjoy Madden or justify issues until infinity, even when it's completely besides the point, yet repeated justified criticism, in direct response to another post, thread title or Tiburon claim, is judged differently. I think both should be just overlooked, as long as they remain generally respectful, hell, posting the exact same ish different ways is pretty much all any of us do anyway after 10 years with this game, lol.
Thats where you are wrong. I actually had this convo with a mod the other day. What you are describing is what we call "agenda posting" and its against the TOS. Its posting with an intent to derail a conversation. I'll give you an example of both:

Negative:


In a thread discussing the EA tackling video, a person posts "this tackling looks like crap. As long as EA has the exclusive deal, they will never get this right.

In a thread discussing Cam Weber comments on M15, the same person posts "I dont believe anything Cam says here. The exclusive deal ruined video game football. I miss 2k5."

In a thread about M15 Presentation, the same person says "2k5's presentation was light years better. EA's finally getting around to improving this. Thanks exclusive deal"

Now the exclusive deal isnt the subject of any of those threads yet this person feels the need to mention it in every thread. That person should also know that its off topic and likely to derail the thread from the original topic. That person is an agenda poster.

Positive:

This is a real scenario: There was a poster who responded to any negative comment in the EA UFC forum with different versions of this comment "Thats not true. I've played the game and its great. If you dont like the videos, DONT BUY THE GAME!" His intent was to squash any negative talk about the game. He's banned now because thats a different form of agenda posting.

The reason why the negative comments seem to get more attention is because there are more of them. People who love games tend to be less active on boards than people who hate them or have certain complaints. Thats why we end up banning more negative agenda posters than positive ones.
aholbert32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #232
MVP
 
HC0023's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

WHISTLE WHISTLE i am looking into CPU football games strat o matic and Apba WHISTLE WHISTLE But also hoping Madden 15 can deliver us with a OMG THEY FINALLY DELIVERED
HC0023 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Top -