Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Growing up this used to be my favorite game next to LIVE. I would play Madden for hours at a time and it was mad fun. Now it seems like I can't even bring myself to finish one game. There's so much broken with it in terms of fundamentals, and just the overall fun factor has been missing for YEARS IMO. Things like lack of PI calls, running animations, and DB/WR interactions are at the top of my list. I got Madden on PS4, and don't think I played it more than 3 times.

Year after year, we hear "This is the best Madden" yet, and once the excitement from the new game wears offs, the same old legacy issues we talk about every off-season generate a boat load of threads. Over the years, I've watched how this forum has changed, and a lot of it has to do with the quality/frustration of the game.

I really hope this truly is the Madden I've been waiting for, or at least a recognizable step in the right direction.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Growing up this used to be my favorite game next to LIVE. I would play Madden for hours at a time and it was mad fun. Now it seems like I can't even bring myself to finish one game. There's so much broken with it in terms of fundamentals, and just the overall fun factor has been missing for YEARS IMO. Things like lack of PI calls, running animations, and DB/WR interactions are at the top of my list. I got Madden on PS4, and don't think I played it more than 3 times.

Year after year, we hear "This is the best Madden" yet, and once the excitement from the new game wears offs, the same old legacy issues we talk about every off-season generate a boat load of threads. Over the years, I've watched how this forum has changed, and a lot of it has to do with the quality/frustration of the game.

I really hope this truly is the Madden I've been waiting for, or at least a recognizable step in the right direction.
It's the turning point of the franchise, to me it's clear to see what's happening right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #19

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Alot of the impressions from the reviews suffer from this. Watching the E3 vids I still see the same issues we all have been complaining about for years. The game does look better, but its still lacking in so many ways. You start playing the game and it feels fresh and different. Then next thing you know a week goes by and your falling into the same habits because AI and gameplay in general is still pretty much the same. You start getting annoyed by the same issues that have been in the game for years. I thought Madden 25 was good at first then I noticed I was marching up and down the field on All Madden using the same routes I did in Madden 11.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's the turning point of the franchise, to me it's clear to see what's happening right now.

Not surprising you'd feel this way.

Last edited by Segagendude; 07-15-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
At this point it's just marketing talk. I believe this game will be the best we've seen, but the madden h8ers are still going to bash the game because it's not at the level they expect it to be.
Hard not to get irritated with a statement like this. There are very few "h8rs" here. Everyone has differing opinions of the game. Some are staunch enthusiasts like JP, others are severely disappointed like Big, and then there are those that have opinions that fall on each side. Everyone wants a better game. Some of us who have been playing for a long time and are a bit older have experienced lots of great football games over the years so our expectations are higher. We want to see what we once had and then some. Right now, Madden is not there yet for some of us. That doesn't mean we don't want it to be or that it won't ever get there.

Back on point, like others have said, seeing is believing. If we all had a nickel for every time a developer told us this same stuff, we'd all be living on a beach. No one knows what will happen. Rex could quit tomorrow or the team could drastically change. I want them to show all of these new animations and other items as well. Quite frankly, I don't believe anything whenever they say it and I have good reason. Most of the time, it doesn't show up in the game, or if it does, it doesn't work right. Telling people when your word is basically worthless does very little to help your cause. Let's see a display of all of this. Madden sounds great EVERY year. It's when the game actually starts moving and you play it when you realize that it's not at all what you were hoping for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #22
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Well I hope you're right. Has there been any word of a demo?
Old 07-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

Says who? The creative director of the game? Come on dude... None of us have played the game, so to be fair, we can't say either/or. However, from LOOKING at the game, there are still tons of the same issues we've been seeing for the better part of the decade, alongside some interesting improvements as well. Turning point? What turning point? Not sure how you can jump to that conclusion... We still have issues with basic player movement and animations, the very foundation of ANY sports game. The rules are not respected (i.e, penalties), issues with O lineman are still in the game where they quit on blocks and have simple win/loss outcomes, there is no Defender/Receiver interactions or passing/carrying players through zones, and we still see defenders in coverage stand still and cover empty patches of grass flat footed. The turning point will probably be when all of those elements are actually fixed. Maybe next year's game? Who knows? Based on track record, probably not, but we will see.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #24
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well I hope you're right. Has there been any word of a demo?
We are six weeks from release so I'm thinking we will probably get a demo in three weeks or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »