Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-movement.html

Player Movement:

QB Accuracy: if you remember, it was under Ian that ratings for deep, medium, and short QB throwing accuracy were introduced.

http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...B-Improvements

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/hu...ngs.181981031/

Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Interactions: there's a video he posted also that's still floating around. Might take a bit to find. But there was a complete blog dedicated that very thing that's no long on their website...

http://sportsgaming.wordpress.com/20...en-10-ncaa-10/

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/03/02...b-improvements

Offensive/Defensive Line: It was under Ian that the offensive line blocking logic was first re-written. Madden 11 was pretty much dedicated to new run blocking.

Here's the vid he posted while he was tweaking the pass rush...

Realistic Penalties: I don't think anyone has ever really taken that one on realistically.
Thank you for proving my point, he mentions real life ONE time in that whole post. Rex knows football Ian knows video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #34
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Thank you for proving my point, he mentions real life ONE time in that whole post. Rex knows football Ian knows video games.

That's all you got from all that I posted... the absence of the word "real life"?
Wow... okay...

Well you can caveat it all you want but the crux of the matter is you praise this team to the mountaintop as if they are talking about things that are unprecedented to the Madden series, and anyone who reads my response without the rose-colored glasses can see clearly that we've heard it all before. There is nothing this team is promising that we haven't been promised before. And that while most of us are wholeheartedly in your corner in hoping that Madden 15 delivers, any fair-minded person can see that our skepticism is more than warranted.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

JP, first, The Senator, Sage, GiantBlue, Bezo, LBz and myself(sorry, don't mean to not mention others) have been here for a long time.

I've communicated with Ian via different communication methods and there wasn't a a time when he didn't want "real life." Please, don't try to distort the past facts by prove me, mark my words, trust me statements. A little more respect to the posters and people that were here the past decade would go a long ways. Ian had a struggle with the marketing people and whoever else on priorities into what went into the game. Also, I've read in an interview(might have been with AJ) that Ian paved the way for future Maddens.

No need to get into a Ian vs Cam vs Rex tug of war.

Need to focus on the present and the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
That's all you got from all that I posted... the absence of the word "real life"?
Wow... okay...

Well you can caveat it all you want but the crux of the matter is you praise this team to the mountaintop as if they are talking about things that are unprecedented to the Madden series, and anyone who reads my response without the rose-colored glasses can see clearly that we've heard it all before. There is nothing this team is promising that we haven't been promised before. And that while most of us are wholeheartedly in your corner in hoping that Madden 15 delivers, any fair-minded person can see that our skepticism is more than warranted.
Agreed, yet Rex does strike a slightly different tone than Ian with regard to some things, like AI and penalties. Also under this team the notion of rushing through games seems to be diminishing with the addition of more real time elements, as well as the notion that a defensive struggle ins't fun.

Of course all this has to be seen in-game, so skepticism is definitely warranted.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #37
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Thank you, SP.

Quote:

JP, check this out from MADDEN 06 !!!!!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-features.html

Granted, O-line blocking has improved over time. But we're still harping on it as needing improvement. Still. Madden ****ing 06.

Don't even get me started on Adaptive AI.

I'm not going through all these different sites and links to show you it's the same ole same ole. Just google key words with different madden years (ex. adaptive ai madden 06) and you will see some of the same things requested and said then are being said again. Madden Playbook.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #38
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Rex says:

Quote:
They want us to address all these issues and will largely judge the game based on whether this iteration of the game represents a big enough improvement year-over-year. In this regard I believe the game will be remembered as a key turning point for the franchise.
Just being honest, running that through my EA/Madden/Tiburon decoder ring, I get:

Quote:
They want us to address all these issues and will largely judge the game based on whether this iteration of the game represents a big enough improvement year-over-year. In this regard I believe they will see that we're making progress overall, even if we haven't been able to get to those legacy issues in any meaningful way.
He doesn't use the words "the key turning point," but rather, "a key turning point." Neither does he say the hardore sim community will see those specific legacy issues he names as being addressed or solved. He broadens the question to whether the "game represents a big enough improvement year-over-year," without any mention or promise of progress on any of those named legacy issues.

So, I have to take him at his word that those issues remain unaddressed in M15.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I'm just reading the words. He could easily have said the game will show progress on those legacy issues, like locomotion, WR/DB interaction, etc., that he went so far as to name, but he didn't.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're being told what to expect - and what not to expect - pretty clearly here.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 07-15-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Rex says:

Just being honest, running that through my EA/Madden/Tiburon decoder ring, I get:

He doesn't use the words "the key turning point," but rather, "a key turning point." Neither does he say the hardore sim community will see those specific legacy issues he names as being addressed or solved. He broadens the question to whether the "game represents a big enough improvement year-over-year," without any mention or promise of progress on any of those named legacy issues.

So, I have to take him at his word that those issues remain unaddressed in M15.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I'm just reading the words. He could easily have said the game will show progress on those legacy issues, like locomotion, WR/DB interaction, etc., that he went so far as to name, but he didn't.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're being told what to expect - and what not to expect - pretty clearly here.
You aren't wrong, it's we what we've noticed in videos and their spoken word.

My big takeaway from that interview was he acknowledged that some legacy issues still exist, ie, you know what you are getting if you buy the game, and my gut tells me that is an indication they know these issues still exist and they will work to try to eliminate those issues in the future.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #40
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Agreed, yet Rex does strike a slightly different tone than Ian with regard to some things, like AI and penalties. Also under this team the notion of rushing through games seems to be diminishing with the addition of more real time elements, as well as the notion that a defensive struggle ins't fun.

Of course all this has to be seen in-game, so skepticism is definitely warranted.
All due respect, Big, you know you my man and all, but at this point, I couldn't care less about the tone of the developers. We've seen all manner of characters at the head of the Madden ship. The only thing that matters to me now is the work. I happen to think Ian Cummings did good work on the franchise (namely Madden 10), and he had a really solid creative vision for moving forward. That rushing through games notion that you mentioned -- if you're talking about the abomination that was "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper" -- I can't put that on him. That was carried out way over his head as was other wonkiness like the strategy pad.

Now to be fair I have seen some noted improvements in the game in areas I've spend years hoping for, but I've also see a woeful lack of attention paid to gameplay areas that are elementary to football, areas that in my opinion should have showed a marked improvement befitting a team that supposedly knows real football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »