Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #57
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
JP problem with above..and I'm being serious..Cam Newton is maybe not the best QB to teach route concepts..he came from a very basic college offensive system geared to his strengths (one route read run).. And has continued in the Pro Level.. Now that still isn't a bad idea but just wanted to clarify that..also how do you personally know that previous teams haven't requested the help of pro players or coaches? Listen we know ur excited and believe.. But past people have been in the same boat as you now and have drank too much of the Kool Aid and been burned myself included..just be careful it's a hard fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not afraid of falling I think more people on here are afraid of me being right all along, it's funny how it seems like I'm the only person on earth that shares this viewpoint but when I go on Twitter, FB, etc.... 90% of the posts are how excited people are for M15. Do a twitter search for madden 15, people are stoked!

Old 07-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #58
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The final product will speak the loudest. This is a apples and oranges comparison. Ian wasnt bringing in current and former nfl players and coaches to help the devs understand how football works. They brought in Cam Newton to teach route concepts, Stevenson Sylvester and another Steeler DB whose name escapes me, to teach how they would read the QB in man & zone. When has that happened in the past?

JP

You stretch things out to make madden look better. This is from your rt of Clint

"Cam Newton was in the office training himself on route concepts a few times this cycle"

Where do you get they brought Cam in to teach route concepts.

In another thread you mention how someone's favorite FEATURE hasn't been discussed yet, but he clearly said his favorite PART.

Are these guys making improvements. Sure. But other developers have complained about legacy issues and they got bashed for stating that.

No need to over hype this or any developer team or game. If you enjoy it that's great, but no need to force everyone else to be hyped. If all everyone did was praise there would be no change. I enjoy playing Madden 25 but yet I'm still on here complaining about things (and commending them when they do right),
Old 07-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm not afraid of falling I think more people on here are afraid of me being right all along, it's funny how it seems like I'm the only person on earth that shares this viewpoint but when I go on Twitter, FB, etc.... 90% of the posts are how excited people are for M15. Do a twitter search for madden 15, people are stoked!

Not going to lie, but this comment right here may be the silliest thing you've said today. Pretty much everyone in here WANTS you to be right. They are more afraid of you being wrong - which you have been for going on 3 years now.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #60
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I wonder how many communities on Twitter and FB have been lobbying for simulation football for the past God knows how many years. The normal consensus at OS is sim football....I don't think I'd be reaching if I said the case is the opposite on those social media websites. They don't care about sim football, they just want their NFL fix.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #61
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I can't get hyped for Madden yet because they have let me down in the past. I hope you're right about Madden 15 because I have been wanting a good football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #62
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

It will be all about waiting for the demo and judging from there - I do not care who is brought in to consult, unless they bring in a Head Coach like a Mike Holmgren, someone like Dick LeBeau for 34 defensive concepts, Josh McDaniels for 43/34 hybrid concepts, etc., and EA Sports actually listen to them and implement the concepts as dictated with proper assigments, it doesn't matter who they bring in...
Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I really hope this Madden team does get it together and this game feels like a huge improvement, but I honestly don't really believe it will, not this year.

I have been hoping for years that Madden would become the NFL game I always dreamed of. I'm not going to sit here and go on and on about 2k football because honestly, it was good for its time, but it still had plenty of legacy issues like Madden.

What drives me insane about Madden is that the legacy issues never get fixed and the list only gets longer. We get so many new features that seem like they could really benefit the game long term, but they never get worked on again after their first year.

I loved the True Step this past year, but have heard absolutely zero about it this year. Is it still only 2 players at most out of 22? It may have not been perfect last year, but it was a HUGE step in the right direction in terms of player movement, but it is just one of many many many features that just fall off and we all seem to forget about.

I am just no longer excited about Madden. Something keeps pulling me back. I guess it may be the hope that one year I will get the game I truly want, but that hope never turns into excitement really. It's the same cycle every year. JP and the EA Team talk up Madden, early previews all say it's so brand new and great, actual impressions from fellow OS'ers show that the core is the same and Madden is still Madden.

It's a tiring process and I almost find myself to be crazy to still be going through the same steps yearly after 6 or 7 years now. I, along with many other OS'ers, am the walking definition of insanity when it comes to Madden, yet we all come back just hoping something has changed, but it never does, but we still keep a little faith in every development team that rolls around taking in their words and just praying they become true, but when it comes down to it, they are always only partially true. This current team seems to have their heads on straight,I hope they can complete their mission. I had faith in Ian and he did a fantastic job, but back then the EA heads weren't granting him the freedom he needed. Maybe if the situation back then was more similar in terms of direction Madden would be where we want it. However, sitting here fantasizing about your dream Madden and what could have been is the easiest way to get yourself into a rage and make an idiot of yourself on these boards.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-15-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #64
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:

Lol. Come on man. Everyone commenting on this thread wants you to be right. We all want a great game. There is just much more to base a skeptical opinion on than an opinion that's thinks, this is the year. I also can't believe you mentioning the twitter crowd. Of course most of them are stoked. They love the game every year. It reminds me of rooting for a team that never wins a championship but, a lot of fans think this is the year. The more skeptical, usually older fan, wants a championship too. They have just seen it not happen year after year. I have liked most maddens because I have realistic expections. I know it's going to be a slightly improved Madden game. It's not going from a Ford to a Lexus in one year. It's going to be an improved Ford. I hope it's the best Ford ever. We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »