Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #65
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not afraid of falling I think more people on here are afraid of me being right all along, it's funny how it seems like I'm the only person on earth that shares this viewpoint but when I go on Twitter, FB, etc.... 90% of the posts are how excited people are for M15. Do a twitter search for madden 15, people are stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP...I've always been on your side. You asked for someone to prove something and they did. Give up the fight on this topic. Ian had the same visions of this current team but didn't have others to back him up and push things forward. I honestly think Ian would fit well with the current team and we would benefit even more.

You lost on this battle, bud. Move on to the next...you have my continued support on this forum.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #66
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not sure where it got off to the point that I was hyping Madden, I was merely stating a fact about the knowledge of this team versus the lack of knowledge of football with previous teams. I stand by what I said about 15 in the past, but I always recognize flaws and room for improvement. If you took a poll, most of my post would probably be more skeptical then optimistic on Twitter when I talk to the developers, but I do see the future and where this team is headed as being what we've wanted all this time. Like I said earlier, the final product will speak for itself more than anyone else on here or myself ever could, I am not a hype man. I just believe strongly in the current team and I'm not concerned about what happened in the past, because I think we spend far too much time focusing on that, instead of working on what's right in front of us, and trying to improve upon it. When people on here are posting about what happened literally 10 years ago, they could be using that same post, to tell the developers about what they want to see in Madden in 2014, 15, 16 etc...

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #67
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
but I do see the future
There, the secret's out, can we all move on?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I'm not sure where it got off to the point that I was hyping Madden, I was merely stating a fact about the knowledge of this team versus the lack of knowledge of football with previous teams. I stand by what I said about 15 in the past, but I always recognize flaws and room for improvement. If you took a poll, most of my post would probably be more skeptical then optimistic on Twitter when I talk to the developers, but I do see the future and where this team is headed as being what we've wanted all this time. Like I said earlier, the final product will speak for itself more than anyone else on here or myself ever could, I am not a hype man. I just believe strongly in the current team and I'm not concerned about what happened in the past, because I think we spend far too much time focusing on that, instead of working on what's right in front of us, and trying to improve upon it. When people on here are posting about what happened literally 10 years ago, they could be using that same post, to tell the developers about what they want to see in Madden in 2014, 15, 16 etc...

I don't think you can really sit here and say it is completely factual this team has the most football knowledge of all Madden teams. Ian and crew ere no dummies and knew the in's and outs. Yea, this current Madden team has some guys that played football in there, good for them.

And people bring up the past because it is concrete evidence. It's not like we're all sitting here bringing up the past to "hate" only. Plenty of respectable posters bring the past up all of the time to make points and do a great job at it. Also, I don't know how we're exactly going to use these posts to tell them what we really want. The same wants have been asked for year after year after year after year after year and nothing is changing. There's barely any dev interaction if any on this site. If this was like the past(sorry to bring it up) and we had current devs on here all of the time like Ian, then we could tell them directly what we want, but right now we're more or less just hoping they read what we say and the middle men used in these interactions aren't always the most reliable, no disrespect to them.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #69
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

JP you honestly think you're not hyping Madden. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #70
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

JP, I know ppl are railing on you a bit at this point. You have earned some of that. But I hope beyond hope that you are correct and the rest of us look like idiots. The point is, we all, including you, have heard the same song and dance... a few times now. Your optimism is appreciated, though you have taken it to a whole new level. I just want to see and feel the changes in game for myself, not ANOTHER dev pushing "new features".

And don't get me wrong, I don't think Madden for the past couple iterations were bad. I'd classify them as OK. However, what "the hardcore sim gamer" wants is not there. With the cash this company can put into this game and the end product year after year, there is no reason why it shouldn't be a very good to great football game. The failure to implement hyped features doesn't help.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #71
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Look, it really doesn't matter, this is just a video game forum. But for you to say what I just bolded, and probably believe it, flies in the face of what we can all read. You have an uncanny ability to erase from your own awareness things you don't want to acknowledge, like being wrong, like remembering things you boldly asserted as fact and then pretended later you never said, etc., sometimes (as now) within a single thread.

It's as if your "faith" in Madden is like a religious faith or zeal. You offer a lot of good links and information, and I appreciate it, but you're not a reliable narrator of facts or of your own past record of statements. I used to think you were just being consciously dishonest but it just comes across to me more like religious zeal, for whatever reason. For three years now you've been making bold statements about the coming game, been wrong manifold times, and have always felt and believed you were right all along.

It's pointless to point these things out to you or document them. You just ignore them and in the end, I don't care that much. I'm not here in the forums to talk about you. It's just frustrating because it feels like disrespect, like you insult our intelligence or ability to read, even though I know you don't mean it that way.

I still hope you're right that Madden Jesus is coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #72
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I'm not sure where it got off to the point
Here's where it got derailed.....

Quote:
There's a big difference between knowing football and using that knowledge to make a game, vs knowing some things about football and knowing video games. That's the difference, Ian may have wanted to make a good football game but his knowledge of the game pales in comparison to what Cam, Rex, and Clint have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »